Author Topic: Now Rendon Is With The Angels  (Read 8796 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: Now Rendon Is With The Angels
« Reply #200: June 01, 2020, 03:07:33 PM »
Rendon strikes me as a person who wouldn’t really be interested in taking the time to sit down and do an interview. He barely did them when they were directly after a game.
Great player, personality? so-so.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #201: June 01, 2020, 03:54:59 PM »
I assume Rendon is letting his multiple clutch postseason hits speak for him.
For real. Dude dropped dick all postseason long and people are nagging that he isnt interviewed for a documentary

Online Five Banners

« Reply #202: June 01, 2020, 09:35:15 PM »
They included footage of at least one post game-interview

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #203: June 01, 2020, 09:51:31 PM »
They included footage of at least one post game-interview
Ok. Someone here said he was absent.  I will have to watch for myself someday.

Online Five Banners

« Reply #204: June 01, 2020, 11:59:38 PM »
Ok. Someone here said he was absent.  I will have to watch for myself someday.

It was from the WS Game 6 post-game

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #205: June 02, 2020, 12:08:04 AM »
The documentary had a ton of commentary filmed during spring training before it ended. Rendon wasn’t part of it for obvious reasons.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #206: June 02, 2020, 08:10:47 AM »
The documentary had a ton of commentary filmed during spring training before it ended. Rendon wasn’t part of it for obvious reasons.
Yep. Because LAC.

Online imref

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #208: June 04, 2020, 12:23:04 AM »
If you put it through the scope of your own point of view, if you had moved on to big and better things but your old job called you back for a sit down, feel good interview, would you participate?

I really enjoyed my time down in Florida and have some great memories, but I'm so much better off now that if they told me to come back to talk about how great it was while glossing over the issues I had with them (And Tony has reportedly had issues with the team) I'd tell them to freak clean off.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #209: June 04, 2020, 10:26:00 AM »
If you put it through the scope of your own point of view, if you had moved on to big and better things but your old job called you back for a sit down, feel good interview, would you participate?

I really enjoyed my time down in Florida and have some great memories, but I'm so much better off now that if they told me to come back to talk about how great it was while glossing over the issues I had with them (And Tony has reportedly had issues with the team) I'd tell them to freak clean off.

sure, but doing interviews is a common part of his job, and it's not really yours. i think this more had to do with logistics than anything else.

Online imref

« Reply #210: June 04, 2020, 10:47:00 AM »

Agree, all I was saying was that it was sad that he wasn't part of it.  If we ever play baseball again the team will miss his bat, and his fielding.

Online Slateman

« Reply #211: June 04, 2020, 11:57:32 AM »
sure, but doing interviews is a common part of his job, and it's not really yours. i think this more had to do with logistics than anything else.
Not with other teams. Only reason we have interviews with Harris is because he's a National now

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #212: June 04, 2020, 02:52:23 PM »
Plus, if you're in Spring Training with your new team, don't you think it would miff a few guys if you aren't taking drills because you are off talking about how you got a ring with your old team? I could definitely see how that could plant a seed of contempt in the clubhouse if clubhouses are as fragile as people make them sound.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #213: June 04, 2020, 03:19:28 PM »
Plus, if you're in Spring Training with your new team, don't you think it would miff a few guys if you aren't taking drills because you are off talking about how you got a ring with your old team? I could definitely see how that could plant a seed of contempt in the clubhouse if clubhouses are as fragile as people make them sound.

eh, not really. i used to have to interview non-yankees people before games against the yankees, as a yankees employee. before JEETS and mo and all those guys retired, we had to get other players to come in before/during/after BP and talk to us for 15 minutes about why JEETS was so cool and they were happy to do it. no one cared.

players have really tight schedules but in spring training there's about half the day free to all players to do whatever (workouts end around 1-2 pm a lot) and no one gives a crap if you are doing a media obligation.

i said it earlier but since the angels are in AZ for spring it's pretty complicated to get an interview with him for a lot of reasons, and COVID shut stuff down in the time a lot of that is done. also, he was due to come to play the nats in mid-may so it's likely they were planning on sending a small crew out there to get his bites then.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #214: June 06, 2020, 07:03:32 AM »
His season must not be going well, I haven't seen one highlight of him on Sportscenter or MLB TV

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #215: June 06, 2020, 10:10:38 AM »
Harris didn't win the most recent MLB championship, so it's different than interviewing Rendon.

Not with other teams. Only reason we have interviews with Harris is because he's a National now

Online imref

« Reply #216: June 06, 2020, 11:29:45 AM »
Harris didn't win the most recent MLB championship, so it's different than interviewing Rendon.

Harris doesn't seem like he's all that bothered by the Howie HR.  Certainly not like Storen was by his melt-downs.  Harris threw a good pitch, it wasn't like he left a ball over the plate.  It says a lot about him (I think) that he's not letting that pitch define his career or mess with his confidence.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #217: June 06, 2020, 11:40:41 AM »
Harris doesn't seem like he's all that bothered by the Howie HR.  Certainly not like Storen was by his melt-downs.  Harris threw a good pitch, it wasn't like he left a ball over the plate.  It says a lot about him (I think) that he's not letting that pitch define his career or mess with his confidence.
He's not Mo, but his reaction is a lot like Mo after Gonzalez blooped a single just out of the reach of a sprawling Jeter. 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #218: June 06, 2020, 11:41:38 AM »
He was very successful in the postseason in 2017 and also earlier in 2019 playoffs.  As opposed to Storen who did not have any clutch success.  Also he and everyone else knew Hinch was using him too much.  Matter of time. 

Online imref

« Reply #219: June 06, 2020, 12:16:47 PM »
He was very successful in the postseason in 2017 and also earlier in 2019 playoffs.  As opposed to Storen who did not have any clutch success.  Also he and everyone else knew Hinch was using him too much.  Matter of time. 

And even with that, it wasn't a bad pitch, Howie was just able to get enough of it (thankfully) to hit the foul pole.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #220: June 06, 2020, 12:20:39 PM »
And even with that, it wasn't a bad pitch, Howie was just able to get enough of it (thankfully) to hit the foul pole.
Agreed.

Offline ajcartwright

« Reply #221: June 06, 2020, 03:21:15 PM »
His season must not be going well, I haven't seen one highlight of him on Sportscenter or MLB TV
Rendon's 2020 stats thru 06/06 according to Strat O Matic
.avg .310 - 63 games - 248 AB - 35 runs - 77 hits - 19 2B - 1 3B - 12 HR - 42 RBI - 35 BB - 40 K's - 2 HIDP - 2 SB - 3 errors

and just for comparison

Bryce Harper's 2020 stats thru 06/06 according to Strat O Matic
.avg .279 - 63 games - 240 AB - 46 runs - 67 hits - 10 2B - 1 3B - 18 HR - 45 RBI - 50 BB - 65 K's - 8 HIDP - 9 SB - 4 errors

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #222: June 06, 2020, 05:36:56 PM »
Rendon's 2020 stats thru 06/06 according to Strat O Matic
.avg .310 - 63 games - 248 AB - 35 runs - 77 hits - 19 2B - 1 3B - 12 HR - 42 RBI - 35 BB - 40 K's - 2 HIDP - 2 SB - 3 errors

and just for comparison

Bryce Harper's 2020 stats thru 06/06 according to Strat O Matic
.avg .279 - 63 games - 240 AB - 46 runs - 67 hits - 10 2B - 1 3B - 18 HR - 45 RBI - 50 BB - 65 K's - 8 HIDP - 9 SB - 4 errors
that is a fast start for Rendon.

Offline ajcartwright

« Reply #223: June 06, 2020, 06:21:49 PM »
Rendon is batting 3rd behind Trout (2nd) and just before Ohtani (4th)

Online Slateman

« Reply #224: June 06, 2020, 07:16:06 PM »
By last season's standards, it's a bit slower.