Author Topic: Enchant  (Read 368 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Enchant
« Topic Start: November 17, 2019, 06:57:22 PM »
Anyone going? We got tickets for the 22nd of December. Sprung for the VIP because I figured by the time the bottomless pit we know as dual teenagers is concerned, we would come out ahead just on food purchases alone.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Enchant
« Reply #1: November 17, 2019, 08:02:07 PM »
We're going. On the 20th I think. My (adult) daughter's birthday. Did the VIP thing too.

Anyone going? We got tickets for the 22nd of December. Sprung for the VIP because I figured by the time the bottomless pit we know as dual teenagers is concerned, we would come out ahead just on food purchases alone.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #2: November 17, 2019, 11:31:21 PM »
We're going. On the 20th I think. My (adult) daughter's birthday. Did the VIP thing too.

Let me know what you think.

Online Count Walewski

« Reply #3: November 18, 2019, 12:03:34 PM »
Is this appropriate for a very small child, like 2 yrs old?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #4: November 18, 2019, 12:10:26 PM »

Yes. But there's no place to heat up unless you buy a VIP ticket, so keep that in mind. 

From the FAQ:

Is there an age limit for entrance into Enchant Christmas?

Come one, come all!

There are no age restrictions at Enchant Christmas - the event is suitable for people of all ages. Children 3 years and under enter for free!

Children 13 years and under must be accompanied by an adult.

They also say strollers are OK, but not allowed in the light maze.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #5: November 18, 2019, 01:29:39 PM »

The videos from past events showed multiple young children around that age wandering around.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #6: November 18, 2019, 02:22:06 PM »

Yes. Which is why my 28 year old wants to go. She's diligent, professional, competent, and loves to be entertained by shiny things and hot chocolate.

Offline imref

« Reply #7: November 23, 2019, 09:22:44 PM »
The nationals Instagram posted a bunch of pictures of Enchant at the park.

Offline imref

« Reply #8: December 27, 2019, 11:27:23 AM »
anyone end up going to this?  We were going to go last night, but by the time I got around to getting tickets, the only available slot was 9:30 - 11:30 PM, at a cost of $128 + parking for four.  I started reading reviews on Yelp and they were awful.  There are really only two attractions, the maze and the skating rink.  Lines were reportedly long for both, the skating rink costs extra, and food at the stands was overpriced ($5 for a cup of hot cocoa for instance). People who bought the 9:30-11:30 slot said most of the vendors shut down at 11, and they never got to skate because of the lines. So we ended up not going.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #9: December 27, 2019, 11:39:33 AM »
I went. It was fun because it was my daughter's birthday, so the family was together, but I'd pass otherwise. :shrug:

anyone end up going to this?  We were going to go last night, but by the time I got around to getting tickets, the only available slot was 9:30 - 11:30 PM, at a cost of $128 + parking for four.  I started reading reviews on Yelp and they were awful.  There are really only two attractions, the maze and the skating rink.  Lines were reportedly long for both, the skating rink costs extra, and food at the stands was overpriced ($5 for a cup of hot cocoa for instance). People who bought the 9:30-11:30 slot said most of the vendors shut down at 11, and they never got to skate because of the lines. So we ended up not going.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #10: December 27, 2019, 11:52:05 AM »
I feel the same about enchant as Ice- great for kids, totally worth going once, no reason to ever do it again (btw, if you have kids and haven’t done ice - it’s great)

Offline imref

« Reply #11: December 27, 2019, 12:47:22 PM »
I feel the same about enchant as Ice- great for kids, totally worth going once, no reason to ever do it again (btw, if you have kids and haven’t done ice - it’s great)

We did Ice about seven years ago.  My wife bought a groupon, which only offered discount admission on one weeknight.  We waited in the groupon line for about 90 minutes in freezing temps while those who weren't cheap like us, walked right in (even though they had to pay full price).  We enjoyed the experience once we made it inside.