Author Topic: Radio Broadcast bumper music  (Read 163 times)

Offline PK

Radio Broadcast bumper music
« Topic Start: November 14, 2019, 11:33:42 AM »
Please help me, I'm going insane. 

There's a song that's regularly featured as the bumper music when going to commercial during the radio games.  It features a post-punky, jangly sort of bluesy guitar riff.  I'd never paid it too much attention until I came across the song on the radio and heard the riff in context for the first time, but missed the title and artist!

:(

I loved the song, and now I'm losing my mind. I created an account on this forum specifically so I could post this question!  Can anyone help me??!!  I'm losing it!

Thanks!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Radio Broadcast bumper music
« Reply #1: November 14, 2019, 01:46:40 PM »
Any lyrics you remember?

Please help me, I'm going insane. 

There's a song that's regularly featured as the bumper music when going to commercial during the radio games.  It features a post-punky, jangly sort of bluesy guitar riff.  I'd never paid it too much attention until I came across the song on the radio and heard the riff in context for the first time, but missed the title and artist!

:(

I loved the song, and now I'm losing my mind. I created an account on this forum specifically so I could post this question!  Can anyone help me??!!  I'm losing it!

Thanks!

Offline PK

« Reply #2: November 14, 2019, 02:08:12 PM »
No!  If I could it would be so much easier, lol.  When I heard the music I was so into the beat and the energy of it that I didn't retain lyrics. :(

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #3: November 14, 2019, 02:46:34 PM »
might want to try messaging Charlie Slowes on Twitter - https://twitter.com/CharlieSlowes

I don't see that Jack Hicks (the producer) has a Twitter account.

Offline PK

« Reply #4: November 14, 2019, 03:32:21 PM »
A co-worker saved me!

Franz Ferdinand, Take Me Out

Thanks anyway guys!

Offline dracnal

« Reply #5: November 14, 2019, 04:05:20 PM »
A co-worker saved me!

Franz Ferdinand, Take Me Out

Thanks anyway guys!

Don't listen to the radio enough to know where it's getting played/when, but I can see why that song caught your ear. Catchy guitar for sure.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #6: November 14, 2019, 04:08:59 PM »
Leave it to radio guys to use songs that have titles that describe what they are doing...

Don't listen to the radio enough to know where it's getting played/when, but I can see why that song caught your ear. Catchy guitar for sure.