Author Topic: Astros stealing signs - But Dusty to the Rescue  (Read 27119 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I personally think Manfred should have suspended players whether or not it’s clearly in the CBA. Take the high ground and let the MLBPA oppose it if they want. I wonder if that had happened if some of the players would be talking out against their own union? Hmmm.

Everyone always castigates Roger Goodell but I bet he would have suspended players or at least tried to whether or not it’s in the rules.
Manfred said that 3 managers and a GM have lost jobs because of this, so it is making a serious impression on the leadership. As for the players he said that many cooperated with the investigation without formal immunity, and he did not want to discourage that.

Online HalfSmokes

Good job Manfred- the results still look like a coverup, the guys already gone we’re conveniently scapegoated by current Astros and they randomly decided to stop for no reason- despite evidence to the contrary- and he’s going to look even worse when he has to continually suspend players for beaming Astros (each of which will be accompanied by people asking why beaning is punished worse than stealing a World Series)

Offline Natsinpwc

Manfred said that 3 managers and a GM have lost jobs because of this, so it is making a serious impression on the leadership. As for the players he said that many cooperated with the investigation without formal immunity, and he did not want to discourage that.
A few game suspensions wouldn’t kill any players. But would harm the team and and lower their chances for the post season. As of now the players have paid no price.

Offline UMDNats

There is labor law involved with suspending the players, especially considering the GM and manager didn't pass along the 2017 memo that cheating is bad. He would have lost in any kind of arbitration or court.

So I get why he couldn't go after players. But the messaging has been terrible and he could have done a hell of a lot more to the team

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
There is labor law involved with suspending the players, especially considering the GM and manager didn't pass along the 2017 memo that cheating is bad. He would have lost in any kind of arbitration or court.

So I get why he couldn't go after players. But the messaging has been terrible and he could have done a hell of a lot more to the team

calling the WS trophy "a piece of metal" is about the dumbest thing he could have said.

Offline Natsinpwc

So suspend them anyway and then lose in court. At least you tried. 

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

You guys need to get over the hurt butt feeling and move on. S/T has commenced and it's the start of a new season. Besides we weren't cheated out of anything. :mg:

Offline Natsinpwc

You guys need to get over the hurt butt feeling and move on. S/T has commenced and it's the start of a new season. Besides we weren't cheated out of anything. :mg:
Is that you Dusty?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

Offline NJ Ave

Probably my favorite joke so far. You see it coming a mile away and it still kills.

https://twitter.com/NOTSportsCenter/status/1228448723698671616?s=20

Offline Natsinpwc

No, Rob.  :mg:
No worries Dusty. I got your back.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
No worries Dusty. I got your back.

Darren has me covered. ;)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
calling the WS trophy "a piece of metal" is about the dumbest thing he could have said.

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
Not gonna lie, I hope they did cheat in 2019. Makes the Nationals 2019 team look even stronger.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Not gonna lie, I hope they did cheat in 2019. Makes the Nationals 2019 team look even stronger.

Watching the MLB Network yesterday and one of the guests mentioned (paraphrase), "If they were cheating and won a WS, why would anyone think they quit in '19?"     Maybe Manfred scared 'em straight with his warning.     :)

Offline imref

you know, the perfect punishment would be to ban the Astros from using signs for a season.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
They knew pitches that were coming in 2019, it was obvious even before Stras said it. Either pitch tip reading or cheating.

Offline imref

LeBron:

Listen I know I don’t play baseball but I am in Sports and I know if someone cheated me out of winning the title and I found out about it I would be F*^king irate! I mean like uncontrollable about what I would/could do! Listen here baseball commissioner listen to your.....

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Manfred has apologized for his piece of metal remark.  Too bad because he's already slit his own throat.

Lebron has weighed in and said he'd be irate if he found out he lost a championship because others were cheating. Everyone feels the same.

Offline imref

Manfred has apologized for his piece of metal remark.  Too bad because he's already slit his own throat.

Lebron has weighed in and said he'd be irate if he found out he lost a championship because others were cheating. Everyone feels the same.

Dc has me on ignore. :poke:

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Dc has me on ignore. :poke:

If you posted these salient and poignant comments already I missed them in my packing and moving frenzy. I wonder if that's covered by Medicare? :mg:

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline Natsinpwc

LeBron:
King of the Crab Dribble.

Guys in the NBA don’t need to cheat because they just line up the best players to run with them.

Online HalfSmokes

Guys in the NBA don’t need to cheat because they just line up the best players to run with them.

Isn’t that what a GM is supposed to do? Basketball players just do it themselves (which makes sense if all it takes is two or three players per team and they all know each other)

Offline Natsinpwc

Isn’t that what a GM is supposed to do? Basketball players just do it themselves (which makes sense if all it takes is two or three players per team and they all know each other)
Lebron is the GM.  And coach.