Author Topic: Astros stealing signs - But Dusty to the Rescue  (Read 27003 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Beltran apparently implemented the trash-can stuff in 2017, not necessarily the whistling or buzzers in 2019. Beltran also wasn't an on-field coach for the Yankees or anything, he basically was an intern for Brian Cashman, not sure he would have tried to pull the same crap. Nothing about Brian Cashman tells me he'd go along with Beltran in a cheating scheme and there is no way the Yankees aggressively go after the Astros for cheating if they themselves are cheating, no? That'd be some serious projection and a move that absolutely would blow up in their faces. 

No I wasn't insinuating they were cheating but from what I understood the Yankees had worries about the Astros cheating in 2017, if they felt like it was worse in 2019 you'd think they would have gotten some intel from Beltran. 

Offline UMDNats

No I wasn't insinuating they were cheating but from what I understood the Yankees had worries about the Astros cheating in 2017, if they felt like it was worse in 2019 you'd think they would have gotten some intel from Beltran. 

Got it. He may have given them info, but since they had moved on from trash cans, he may have just been able to say "heads up."

Honestly I think the NYY simply got beat and have less of a beef than the Dodgers. The Yankees pitching staff mostly sucked last year and while they were really close to beating the Astros, I think their fans (and players) saying the Astros robbed them of a title in 2017 and 2019 is kind of ridiculous.

Offline hohoho

Got it. He may have given them info, but since they had moved on from trash cans, he may have just been able to say "heads up."

Honestly I think the NYY simply got beat and have less of a beef than the Dodgers. The Yankees pitching staff mostly sucked last year and while they were really close to beating the Astros, I think their fans (and players) saying the Astros robbed them of a title in 2017 and 2019 is kind of ridiculous.
How do you know that? Such opinions are what the cheats want you to say Mr. Apologist.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
How apoplectic would this board be if Howie hadn’t hit his homer and the Astros had won game 7?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
How apoplectic would this board be if Howie hadn’t hit his homer and the Astros had won game 7?

The Nats saved baseball

Offline Copecwby20

Once again, Nats Official Twitter is saving baseball.

[size=78%]https://twitter.com/nationals/status/1228441003453009920?s=21[/size]

Offline Dave in Fairfax

Someone from the Dodgers - I think it was Alex Wood - made an interesting point. He, like many others including John Smoltz, said that at some point this season it is likely that someone will throw at an Astros hitter to make a point. Wood noted that the pitcher is likely to get suspended, meaning he will be punished more than any Astros player who actually cheated.

Offline HalfSmokes

Someone from the Dodgers - I think it was Alex Wood - made an interesting point. He, like many others including John Smoltz, said that at some point this season it is likely that someone will throw at an Astros hitter to make a point. Wood noted that the pitcher is likely to get suspended, meaning he will be punished more than any Astros player who actually cheated.

At which point columnists will make exactly that point and Manfred will go through another cycle of looking like a stooge

Offline Mighty Casey

perhaps this gets played when the ASsthrows come up to the plate in the first inning...???

Offline Natsinpwc

perhaps this gets played when the ASsthrows come up to the plate in the first inning...???
Works for me.

Offline hohoho

They hired good ole Dusty because he is a kiss-ass clown.
His latest take on the cheaters: "Just like if you have an argument in your family: Everybody get it out. Now it's over with and don't mention it again or else  it lingers. And we're trying not to let it linger."
Yeah, just like a little argument where no one is right or wrong.

Offline Natsinpwc

They hired good ole Dusty because he is a kiss-ass clown.
His latest take on the cheaters: "Just like if you have an argument in your family: Everybody get it out. Now it's over with and don't mention it again or else  it lingers. And we're trying not to let it linger."
Yeah, just like a little argument where no one is right or wrong.
He probably needs to tell his guys that because some of them keep flapping their lips.

Offline HalfSmokes

At what point does manfred have to step in with this and start vacating wins?

Offline Natsinpwc

At what point does manfred have to step in with this and start vacating wins?
He should just give out a series of suspensions to the players who were involved. Ten games each. They could be staggered.

Offline HalfSmokes

He should just give out a series of suspensions to the players who were involved. Ten games each. They could be staggered.

Stagger them starting the second week in October and that might be a good idea - I think he should vacate the title and the division wins. It was bad- whatever the crisis management team is telling them is making it 10 times worse

Offline Natsinpwc

Stagger them starting the second week in October and that might be a good idea - I think he should vacate the title and the division wins. It was bad- whatever the crisis management team is telling them is making it 10 times worse
Need to put a gag order on the Astros.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
At the very least, penalties equal to bonuses earned for all star, mvp, etc... for hitters

Offline Five Banners

Someone posted that they used to be able to get many season of old game on MLB.TV but now can't get them before 2018. Wonder if the YouTube videos will also start drying up

Offline Natsinpwc

I personally think Manfred should have suspended players whether or not it’s clearly in the CBA. Take the high ground and let the MLBPA oppose it if they want. I wonder if that had happened if some of the players would be talking out against their own union? Hmmm.

Everyone always castigates Roger Goodell but I bet he would have suspended players or at least tried to whether or not it’s in the rules.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I personally think Manfred should have suspended players whether or not it’s clearly in the CBA. Take the high ground and let the MLBPA oppose it if they want. I wonder if that had happened if some of the players would be talking out against their own union? Hmmm.

Everyone always castigates Roger Goodell but I bet he would have suspended players or at least tried to whether or not it’s in the rules.

what about players on different teams now?  How do you punish those clubs when they didn't do anything wrong?

Offline Five Banners

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/02/francis-martes-suspended-full-season-for-ped.html

"Astros righty Francis Martes has been suspended for 162 games after testing positive for the banned performance enhancing drug baldenone."

Too bad he couldn't go the feel bad / remorse / move on route

Offline UMDNats

it was just medication for his bad tattoo