Author Topic: Astros stealing signs - But Dusty to the Rescue  (Read 26689 times)

Offline Mighty Casey

when these slimeballs show up in July, the crowd should bring buzzers, whistles, anything that produces some noise and ramp it up when these clowns are at bat...what a collection of unethical dirtbags....and those pathetic 'apologies' were worse than any drivel spewed by a politician who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar....the boo birds should be out in droves....maybe we get could get a rolling 'bzzzzt' sound from the crowd when these j-offs are at the plate...

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Online Five Banners

Suzuki says the Astros were cheating in 2019 as well.  Someone call Manfred:

https://www.12up.com/posts/kurt-suzuki-says-nationals-could-hear-astros-dugout-whistling-2019-world-series-01e10zz9jffs/partners/36534

Goes along with the thought that the whistling was the logical next step, especially as it could be used as well to help obscure what was going on when they put out false positives and let the reputation proceed them while other team scrambled to adjust.

Offline UMDNats

I know a guy with the NYY and he said during the 2019 ALCS he heard whistling all the time (he was in the dugout area) and thought it was really weird.

Online Five Banners

I'm thinking about getting an old MORSE Nats jersey and adding RE to it

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
I know a guy with the NYY and he said during the 2019 ALCS he heard whistling all the time (he was in the dugout area) and thought it was really weird.

So this should be a walk-up song for someone when they visit us next year:

Online Natsinpwc

Definitely. And I expect full credit.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
'zuki just said the same thing.

Online Natsinpwc

'zuki just said the same thing.
Obviously reading WNFF.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Obviously reading WNFF.

Rizzo going hard too.

Offline hohoho

Josh Reddick: "The title is here in Houston to stay."
Jim Crane (owner): "This didn't impact the game...We won the World Series and we'll leave it at that."

That is the last straw. Fans should demand MLB vacate all their wins since 2017 and suspend all involved players, at least. Even the Black Sox let the other team win.

Offline Mighty Casey

what an absurd statement....' it didn't affect the game'..like what, the Assthrows won 'fair and square? Nats fans should be delivering as many boos and other noises when these turds show up in July...

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

bang a gong would also work.

I don't want to work, I wanna bang on the drums all day.

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Online Natsinpwc

bang a gong would also work.

I don't want to work, I wanna bang on the drums all day.

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
when these slimeballs show up in July, the crowd should bring buzzers, whistles, anything that produces some noise and ramp it up when these clowns are at bat...what a collection of unethical dirtbags....and those pathetic 'apologies' were worse than any drivel spewed by a politician who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar....the boo birds should be out in droves....maybe we get could get a rolling 'bzzzzt' sound from the crowd when these j-offs are at the plate...

Don't know much about smart phones but couldn't there be a stadium wide noise via cell phones on speaker?

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Don't know much about smart phones but couldn't there be a stadium wide noise via cell phones on speaker?

Vuvuzelas.

Offline mitlen

Vuvuzelas.

Not sure security would let us bring 'em in.     :)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

No sure security would let us bring 'em in.     :)

*Recordings of vuvuzelas. 

Offline mitlen

*Recordings of vuvuzelas. 

Reinforces my comment about not knowing much about smartphones.     Your suggestion about recordings of vuvuzelas never crossed my mind   ...    but I like it.

Online Natsinpwc

Reinforces my comment about not knowing much about smartphones.     Your suggestion about recordings of vuvuzelas never crossed my mind   ...    but I like it.

Offline mitlen

Find a trash can at the Park and pound on it.    Low tech.     :)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Even better, they could have promotions for all games with the Asstros as visitors:  vuvuzelas one game, whistles another, miniature trash cans and mini-bats another. 

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

I mean, shouldn't he have just asked Carlos Beltran about it, since he was on the Astros in 2017 but then went to work for the Yankees?

Offline UMDNats

I mean, shouldn't he have just asked Carlos Beltran about it, since he was on the Astros in 2017 but then went to work for the Yankees?

Beltran apparently implemented the trash-can stuff in 2017, not necessarily the whistling or buzzers in 2019. Beltran also wasn't an on-field coach for the Yankees or anything, he basically was an intern for Brian Cashman, not sure he would have tried to pull the same crap. Nothing about Brian Cashman tells me he'd go along with Beltran in a cheating scheme and there is no way the Yankees aggressively go after the Astros for cheating if they themselves are cheating, no? That'd be some serious projection and a move that absolutely would blow up in their faces.