Author Topic: Astros stealing signs - But Dusty to the Rescue  (Read 27108 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Astros stealing signs
« Reply #500: January 29, 2020, 08:47:37 AM »
Our trading partner, the As.

is there an AL team you could root for?  I mean, not the Red Sox, NYY, Os, Rangers, Twins, Astros . . .  Blue Jays used to lord it over the Expos and now have Canada to themselves, so no to them.  ChiSox?  Can't really root for Giolito - too painful.  Indians?  But there was that jerk Tribetime who used to post here.  Royals?  you could root for them but it is sort of a waste of time.  Angels?  They stole Rendon.  What's left?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #501: January 29, 2020, 10:28:09 AM »
is there an AL team you could root for?  I mean, not the Red Sox, NYY, Os, Rangers, Twins, Astros . . .  Blue Jays used to lord it over the Expos and now have Canada to themselves, so no to them.  ChiSox?  Can't really root for Giolito - too painful.  Indians?  But there was that jerk Tribetime who used to post here.  Royals?  you could root for them but it is sort of a waste of time.  Angels?  They stole Rendon.  What's left?
White Sox have both Gios and Abreu has always seemed like a cool dude. Encarnacion has been a fun dude to watch for years too. They also are reminding me a bit of the fun mid-decade Royals with all of the highly regarded young position players starting to make it to the majors. Plus, I feel for their fans. The team has been an also-ran for over ten years and they even saw the Cubs win a title during that time. It is long overdue for the Sox to be good again.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #502: January 29, 2020, 11:01:32 AM »
Definitely rooting for the A's in the AL.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #503: January 29, 2020, 11:08:41 AM »
Definitely rooting for the A's in the AL.
I’ll go for the Angels. Rendon. Trout. Ohtani. Unfortunately the games are on too late most nights.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #504: January 29, 2020, 12:46:20 PM »

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #506: January 29, 2020, 07:58:16 PM »
I like the A’s. I like what the White Sox have done this offseason and how they’ve built up, they should be fun to watch again.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #507: January 29, 2020, 07:59:41 PM »
I’m general, I like (or at least don’t mind) most AL teams. I hate watching NL baseball because I’ve grown to strongly dislike all the NL teams because of the Nats :lol:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #508: January 29, 2020, 08:18:13 PM »

Deetroit motor kitties.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #509: January 29, 2020, 08:30:13 PM »
For me it's the tigers. I liked the old "68" team with Kaline, Horton, Lolich, McLain. Northrup, McCauliff, Stanley, Freehan etc. For some reason always liked Detroit teams.

Offline MtPleasantNatsFan

« Reply #511: January 29, 2020, 10:21:13 PM »
a group of bettors have filed a class-action lawsuit against the Astros and Red Sox

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/eundqe/class_action_filed_against_mlb_astros_red_sox_on/

I’m happy to see this move forward, if only for the spectacle

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #512: January 30, 2020, 12:03:49 PM »
Problem is I wanted to root against the Astros this year but I can't root against Dusty.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #513: January 30, 2020, 12:15:15 PM »
Problem is I wanted to root against the Astros this year but I can't root against Dusty.
well, you could put the Astros on ignore.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #514: January 31, 2020, 12:16:27 PM »
well, you could put the Astros on ignore.

Yes but it's more fun to root against them lol. A lot of times I enjoy watching a game rooting against somebody than rooting for somebody.

Offline tzinc

Re: Fire Rizzo
« Reply #516: January 31, 2020, 09:32:30 PM »
for everyone who kept crying that if Dusty was so good why didn't a team hire him THERE YOU GO hired by one of the top teams in the League  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline MtPleasantNatsFan

Re: Re: Fire Rizzo
« Reply #517: January 31, 2020, 09:41:16 PM »
for everyone who kept crying that if Dusty was so good why didn't a team hire him THERE YOU GO hired by one of the top teams in the League  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Dusty’s very clean and an incredibly nice guy.  He may not have been hired to be the best, he may have been hired because he’s the cleanest.  I mean, fir the Astros, a caretaker manager while they find their new guy in two seasons might just work

I would not describe Dave Martinez as nice, he’s kind of a hard ass.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #518: February 01, 2020, 12:08:41 PM »
Dusty is a good hire for the Astros situation. They need someone to hold the team together during the regular season. Maybe he can work in Tucker like he did for Taylor. I still will question his in game big game managing, but he will get help from the remnants of the analytics team and probably a good bench coach.

Offline Senatorswin

Dusty is a three time manager of the year. Not many can say that.

Offline HalfSmokes

Dusty is a three time manager of the year. Not many can say that.

The big intern is a manager of the year. not many can say that either

Offline Natsinpwc

Heard some of Dusty’s presser. Classic Dusty.

They asked about analytics and he said he was always open to change. Then said he was just listening to BB King playing with Eric Clapton. And The Rolling Stones with Muddy Waters.  So anything was possible.  Didn’t say anything about firing up with Jimi.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
The big intern is a manager of the year. not many can say that either

It’s easy to win one. How many have won three?

Offline HalfSmokes

It’s easy to win one. How many have won three?

How many have won three but no rings- Dusty is really in a class of his own

Offline aspenbubba

You are like herpes.....just keep coming back