Author Topic: Astros stealing signs - But Dusty to the Rescue  (Read 26702 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Astros stealing signs
« Reply #426: January 17, 2020, 06:07:11 AM »
The crack mlb investigation

« Reply #427: January 17, 2020, 07:43:13 AM »
players should be suspended 162 games and the manager coaches and execs should be banned for life. This is much worse than what Pete Rose did.  :mg:

Offline 3bside

« Reply #428: January 17, 2020, 07:58:18 AM »
So Altuve goes public about what he didn't do, but where's the statement of what he DID do.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #429: January 17, 2020, 08:01:56 AM »
So Altuve goes public about what he didn't do, but where's the statement of what he DID do.

It’ll be fun to see whether or not reporters are gutless this season. Every mandatory presser until they talk should be about the cheating - if he wants to walk away fine, still a decent clip

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #430: January 17, 2020, 08:23:32 AM »
we seem to be getting closer to the Naked Gun style pat-down of all batters as they enter the box.  I guess after that comes the body cavity search?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #431: January 17, 2020, 08:25:15 AM »
At which point we'll be listening on radio rather than watching it.

we seem to be getting closer to the Naked Gun style pat-down of all batters as they enter the box.  I guess after that comes the body cavity search?

Offline imref

« Reply #432: January 17, 2020, 08:27:06 AM »
At which point we'll be listening on radio rather than watching it.

yeah, they'll be the NFL blue tent, but for an entirely different purpose :)

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #433: January 17, 2020, 09:27:00 AM »

Still waiting for his comment about not getting signs from a real-time camera relay, since he evidently is capable of public comments about his actions

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #434: January 17, 2020, 09:54:26 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zAIqyPIv-q8&feature=youtu.be

So yeah, just walking away from the plate in the middle of a World Series at bat to pick up a tiny nondescript piece of tape and then making sure to put pieces of nondescript tape in the back pocket not once but twice.
No litterbug he...

Offline imref

« Reply #435: January 17, 2020, 10:36:08 AM »

Online Slateman

« Reply #437: January 17, 2020, 10:43:22 AM »
That is a solid tee!
Family picture time!!!

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #438: January 17, 2020, 10:44:02 AM »
Clevinger not holding back!

https://twitter.com/Mike_Anthony13?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1217901848058875907&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleveland.com%2Ftribe%2F2020%2F01%2Fmike-clevinger-has-strong-words-for-houston-astros-players-as-internet-loses-its-mind-over-latest-cheating-allegations.html

❂ Mike 𝕊𝕌ℕ𝕊ℍ𝕀ℕ𝔼 Clevinger ❂
@Mike_Anthony13
·
19h
They shouldn’t feel comfortable looking at any of us in the eye let alone on the field and any other MLB player feel different, they can get it too✌️🌞

@Mike_Anthony13
·
19h
I hope they make y’all the Montreal Expos, BB

@Mike_Anthony13
·
19h
This is where throwing hard has its MF perks BB❄️❄️❄️ so either police it
@MLB
 or  I’ll get back to my training 😈

@Mike_Anthony13
·
18h
Best part is their fans still actin with the same pompous ass attitude those boys walked with, while taking millions of dollars from boys and jobs completely, staring at the camera, carrying a bat to first, maybe some don’t get it.But this is worse than steroids.

Online Slateman

« Reply #439: January 17, 2020, 10:49:47 AM »
Yankees fans are going to be insufferable now

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #440: January 17, 2020, 11:35:12 AM »
Max wouldn't have got a stiff neck flying coast to coast and we would have won in 5 or 6 :-)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #441: January 17, 2020, 11:39:12 AM »
I grew up where the Yankee & Red Sox fans meet.  Yankee fans have always been insufferable.

Online Slateman

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #443: January 17, 2020, 01:16:13 PM »
Former AL Cy Young winner Jack McDowell has now accused Tony LaRussa of having an outfield camera installed in old Comiskey Park when he managed the White Sox in the early 1980's. That team lost to the Orioles in the 1983 ALCS.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #444: January 17, 2020, 01:50:42 PM »
Hilarious to me that so many Astros fans are like #HOUSTONSTRONG and crap. Imagine cheering for those jerks, then you find out they're ALSO cheating for years, and STILL being like "we're amazing!" and having a victim complex

Also Jessica Mendonza with a HOF bad take yesterday blaming the whistleblower. Terrible look from someone employed by an MLB team

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #445: January 17, 2020, 01:59:23 PM »
Hilarious to me that so many Astros fans are like #HOUSTONSTRONG and crap. Imagine cheering for those jerks, then you find out they're ALSO cheating for years, and STILL being like "we're amazing!" and having a victim complex

Also Jessica Mendonza with a HOF bad take yesterday blaming the whistleblower. Terrible look from someone employed by an MLB team

I keep hearing that but I mean, he was a whistle blower after the fact. shouldn't he have raised these issues right from the get-go so no teams would be "cheated"? I mean he gets all the World Series glory and extra money, then two years later is like oh yea but they were cheating so bad... I don't know, seems kind of crazy to act concerned about it after you've reaped the benefits. 

Offline dracnal

« Reply #446: January 17, 2020, 02:07:13 PM »
I keep hearing that but I mean, he was a whistle blower after the fact. shouldn't he have raised these issues right from the get-go so no teams would be "cheated"? I mean he gets all the World Series glory and extra money, then two years later is like oh yea but they were cheating so bad... I don't know, seems kind of crazy to act concerned about it after you've reaped the benefits.

In this case, I'm comfortable saying both the take was bad ('he never should have talked!), and the two year delay it took for Jiminy Cricket to kick in, are both not great looks. I don't feel one offsets the other, or even moves the needle.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #447: January 17, 2020, 02:41:26 PM »

Considering how few whistleblowers there are at all, doing it was still a good thing. And just because he waited doesn’t mean there wasn’t any risk. There is a non-zero chance this guy doesn’t get signed by any team, and even if he does he’s going to be ostracized.

He’s literally the first guy who has said “I am going on the record with firsthand knowledge of this. I think he deserves a fair bit of credit for that, even if it was late.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #448: January 17, 2020, 03:11:20 PM »

it's a lot to ask a pro athlete (or anyone in that kind of situation) to come forward in the middle of something like that. yeah i would have loved for him to come forward and say "yeah we're cheating, uh this needs to stop" but there's a ton of risk for him there, especially in 2017, when he was having a crappy year. being a whistleblower in your age-32 season with a 5 ERA means you are blackballed from ever playing again

the fact that so many players have come forward like "i knew some crap was up" tells me that what he did was a big deal because literally no one else said anything beyond anonymous theories to reporters

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
« Reply #449: January 17, 2020, 03:11:29 PM »

I talked to one today. He said they are missing at least a ring because of this.

I replied you couldn’t beat us. You couldn’t beat the cheaters, we beat the cheaters.