Author Topic: DVR alerts, world series team appearances, media mentions etc  (Read 2219 times)

Offline vicki4471

Skippy had asked yesterday if any of the 2019 Nats had scheduled appearances on the late night talk shows etc. While I know various Nats will be popping up on media due to contracts, awards, etc I thought it would be nice to have a place to post any other 2019 team related appearances, articles, photos, etc that we run across instead of a casual mention in another thread that not everyone may see.

The team was mentioned last night on WWE raw. It was more a congratulations segment for winning the World series with lots of pictures of the Nats with the WWE belt that was sent to them. Lots of pics of Max dancing on the bus with the belt. It was also said that Triple H had invited the Nats to be his guests on NXT. NXT airs tonight on USA. No word on if any of the Nats will actually be there but I will set my DVR just in case.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Skippy had asked yesterday if any of the 2019 Nats had scheduled appearances on the late night talk shows etc. While I know various Nats will be popping up on media due to contracts, awards, etc I thought it would be nice to have a place to post any other 2019 team related appearances, articles, photos, etc that we run across instead of a casual mention in another thread that not everyone may see.

The team was mentioned last night on WWE raw. It was more a congratulations segment for winning the World series with lots of pictures of the Nats with the WWE belt that was sent to them. Lots of pics of Max dancing on the bus with the belt. It was also said that Triple H had invited the Nats to be his guests on NXT. NXT airs tonight on USA. No word on if any of the Nats will actually be there but I will set my DVR just in case.

I'd assume they do something remotely as NXT's TV is based out of Florida.

Offline vicki4471

I was wrong, NXT is actually on Wednesday Night on USA. It will be from Winter park  Florida . Who knows if any of the guys actually show up but at very least we may get a few more mentions or photos.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I forgot to mention this yesterday but Rizzo was actually on Chris Wallace's Fox show Sunday, which I thought was odd. Also, he apparently just showed up with the trophy; no security with him, just a GM and his trophy out and about in DC :lol:

Offline miller10

I forgot to mention this yesterday but Rizzo was actually on Chris Wallace's Fox show Sunday, which I thought was odd. Also, he apparently just showed up with the trophy; no security with him, just a GM and his trophy out and about in DC :lol:

Chris Wallace said last week that he would have the trophy on air if the Nats won it all (he is a big Nats fan).  Glad they made it happen.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Chris Wallace said last week that he would have the trophy on air if the Nats won it all (he is a big Nats fan).  Glad they made it happen.

ah ok that explains that then, because it really seemed a random show to pop up on :lol:

Offline vicki4471

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/fox-news-sunday-plays-host-to-the-world-series-trophy/419843/

There's the interview Skippy was referring to in its entirety. The question is asked as to whether the nats can afford Rendon and Strasburg

Offline vicki4471

Nc states school publication did a piece on Trea and the Nats winning the world series. They used his Wolfpack baseball photo. Pretty much a rehash article with no new info. Didn't learn anything from it except maybe that Trea had horrible acne as a teen. Wouldn't know it by his babyface now.

https://gopack.com/news/2019/10/30/baseball-trea-turner-nationals-win-2019-world-series.aspx

Offline imref

Davey and several players (Robles, Howie, Eaton) were / are doing autograph signings at various Dick's Sporting Goods around the area.  Davey's is 6-8 PM tonight at the Springfield Mall location.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Davey and several players (Robles, Howie, Eaton) were / are doing autograph signings at various Dick's Sporting Goods around the area.  Davey's is 6-8 PM tonight at the Springfield Mall location.
robles?  I thought he had flown out of the area?

Offline imref

Parra on CBS This Morning:

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Parra on CBS This Morning:

Can't get enough of this stuff.  In fact it breaks me up.

Offline imref

Offline Five Banners

MLB Network has two countdown shows tomorrow night (6PM, 7PM): 2019 top 10 games and 2019 top finishes. Soto was in the promo for the first.

Offline Five Banners

The World Series documentary is this Sunday at 7PM on Fox Sports 1

Offline imref

:clap:  thanks for sharing

Offline rileyn

I thought this was ok, but not great. I was hoping for a lot more behind the scenes insight/interviews.  IMO, they spent too much time detailing each game.  One other minor issue was that when they would show a highlight, I wish they would have stuck the original audio/video for the entire sequence. They often started the action with the radio call, then switched to the tv cal as the play was going on (and vice versa)l, and the same with the video of the player reactions.  Too many cutaways.   Still great memories though!  The Howie clank off the foul pole was the climax.

Offline Five Banners

I thought this was ok, but not great. I was hoping for a lot more behind the scenes insight/interviews.  IMO, they spent too much time detailing each game.  One other minor issue was that when they would show a highlight, I wish they would have stuck the original audio/video for the entire sequence. They often started the action with the radio call, then switched to the tv cal as the play was going on (and vice versa)l, and the same with the video of the player reactions.  Too many cutaways.   Still great memories though!  The Howie clank off the foul pole was the climax.

The basketball game made for a late start and late ending, so I set it to re-record.

If MASN were smart, or even Comcast, they would also do some compilations and documentaries focused more on the road the the title.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
so I DVR'd the broadcast on FS1 of the World Series video and finally got around to watching it last night.  I realized that the DePaul basketball game had run over at the start of the broadcast about 10- 15 minutes so the end would be outside the 2 hour block I was taping (I did not think to add 15 minutes because I didn't realize there was a live game before it).  So, while the Series itself wasn't in doubt, I was in complete suspense for when my recording would end.  Would I get to hear "clang" of the foul pole?

Fortunately, the broadcast made it through Kendrick's homer in time.  I got to see Corbin pitch into the 8th before it cut out.  I guess I'll keep the tape.

Oh, I miss you Tony already.

Offline wj73

Does anyone know if Charlie and Dave’s complete broadcasts of the WS are available for download as a podcast or similar?  I’d love to re-listen to every one of those games over the winter while in the car or at the gym. I’ve looked at the Nats site, MLB, and 106.7’s site, but there only seem to be a few snippets available.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Does anyone know if Charlie and Dave’s complete broadcasts of the WS are available for download as a podcast or similar?  I’d love to re-listen to every one of those games over the winter while in the car or at the gym. I’ve looked at the Nats site, MLB, and 106.7’s site, but there only seem to be a few snippets available.

I poked around but could not find them. I tweeted Dave Jageler I'll let you know if I get a response.

Offline wj73

I poked around but could not find them. I tweeted Dave Jageler I'll let you know if I get a response.

Thanks so much! 

I did find a bit of good news. I got the World Series DVD set for Christmas and fired up the first disc today. In the Settings, you can choose alternate audio feeds, and the choices include the Nats and the Astros radio broadcasts. You can put on the video, but listen to C & D instead of those fools on Fox. They have the audio and video synced up perfectly. So although I still can’t listen in the car, I can at least listen to them do every WS game.

I’ll listen to C& D first, but I’ll admit I’m going to also have fun listening to the Astros radio guys do Game 7, say from about the 7th inning on.  :mg:

Offline nfotiu

If you were an mlb subscriber or buy the off-season package for 25, you can listen to all the radio broadcasts and rewatch all games on the various apps.