Author Topic: Where to buy authentic stitched world series jersey?  (Read 3225 times)

Offline GNatsNoMore

Post article today stated that Nationals blue alternate jerseys will be available at the team store at Nationals Park, and they should also be available online on through Fanatics before Opening Day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/11/nats-are-bringing-back-their-navy-blue-alternates-yes-theyll-eventually-be-sale/

Offline MtPleasantNatsFan

Agree. Do not understand why an adult would wear a jersey with the name of someone half his age on it. Kids, OK.
Different strokes...

I was a little league coach for a decade- all the players were much younger than me.  If anything, the weirdest was when I was 23 and an Oriole player was like a week older than me.   I don’t follow what age would have to do with it.   

Secondly , jerseys are very comfortable in the summer, yet more formal than wearing a t-shirt.  They are also good conversation starters.

Online Natsinpwc

I was a little league coach for a decade- all the players were much younger than me.  If anything, the weirdest was when I was 23 and an Oriole player was like a week older than me.   I don’t follow what age would have to do with it.   

Secondly , jerseys are very comfortable in the summer, yet more formal than wearing a t-shirt.  They are also good conversation starters.
More formal? Black tie and jersey? I find them uncomfortable. And hot since you need to wear something underneath. Will stick with T-shirts’. You can rep your favorite player in those too.

Online HalfSmokes

If you care little enough, a nice t-shirt can almost be business casual- a jersey outside of a game just makes you look like a tool

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
People should wear what they like.

Offline machpost

Post article today stated that Nationals blue alternate jerseys will be available at the team store at Nationals Park, and they should also be available online on through Fanatics before Opening Day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/11/nats-are-bringing-back-their-navy-blue-alternates-yes-theyll-eventually-be-sale/
It's interesting that Nike is putting their swoosh on them, yet Majestic is still manufacturing and distributing them. I wonder if Nike will produce their own uniform designs next season.

Online HalfSmokes

Will majestic even be around if Nike makes the jerseys in house?

Offline MtPleasantNatsFan

Will majestic even be around if Nike makes the jerseys in house?

How could they be, right?  They could only exist as a shell of their former self

Offline Copecwby20

I pay for the on field authentic jerseys and silently judge anyone who has the gall to show up in a replica jersey. freaking peasants.

Just kidding, I buy what I want to wear and encourage everyone to wear what they want as long as it has a Curly W on it.

Offline USF_Football

I bought a game worn Rendon jersey for $375 two years ago when I was in DC for Opening Day. That was my prized jersey until I was able to get an autographed Juan Soto jersey at Game 1 of the World Series in Houston this past October just prior to the game starting ($500, but so worth it). My only regret from that day was missing the homerun in the fourth inning from Soto as I made a beeline for the bathroom right as the bottom of the 3rd ended (the Houston fans in my section gave me a hard time about missing the homerun as I was walking down the stairs as I kept bragging before the game how Soto is the next Mike Trout). At least I saw Zim's HR in the second.

I have two young kids - my five-year old daughter wears a Trea Turner jersey that she's had for three years. She's switching to the Scherzer jersey this year that I just picked up after the World Series. My 20-month old daughter now wears the Turner jersey as we had to retire her Harper jersey last season (still like Bryce). Whenever we travel to Cape Cod to see my in-laws or back to DC for a Nationals game/seeing my parents, we wear our Nats gear together (lame - I don't care - the Nationals feel like family to me and my little ones get it).

I'm 44 - soon to be 45. I do pretty well for myself financially (for living in Texas that is - heck maybe even for DC for all I know - money goes a lot further in San Antonio). Fortunately, I run two warehouses and can wear different Nationals hoodies and USF hoodies every day to work vice wearing a suit and tie. I don't think twice about wearing my Nationals jerseys when they're playing. I played football in college well into my 20's as I was in the military for six years prior to attending USF. I was either the oldest player or the second oldest player on our roster while playing football in college - who cares if you're old and wearing a jersey - you're supporting the team and players you love. So screw it - I'll probably be buried in a jersey because my kids understand sports have always driven me.

Can't wait until Opening Day! 

Offline USF_Football

I pay for the on field authentic jerseys and silently judge anyone who has the gall to show up in a replica jersey. freaking peasants.

Love it!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
That's Mr Peasant to you ...

Just kidding, I buy what I want to wear and encourage everyone to wear what they want as long as it has a Curly W on it.

Offline Count Walewski

Kurt Suzuki and Wilmer Difo are the two Nationals players closest to my size. Adam Eaton is actually significantly smaller than me in terms of both height and weight.

Everyone else on the Nationals is a giant compared to me, I would look absurd in their game-used jersey.