Author Topic: Where to buy authentic stitched world series jersey?  (Read 3212 times)

Offline capsmp

What is the best site or sites to buy authentic World Series jerseys that have stitched on numbers and names?

I'm much more familiar with NHL jerseys and know NHL.com is not even close to the best place to buy jerseys, as they use screened on names and numbers that fall off after a season.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

All of the authentic NHL jerseys I've ever bought from the NHL shop have had an embroidered name, number and team logo...

Women's jerseys generally seem to have screen printed graphics though...

Offline Copecwby20

What is the best site or sites to buy authentic World Series jerseys that have stitched on numbers and names?

I'm much more familiar with NHL jerseys and know NHL.com is not even close to the best place to buy jerseys, as they use screened on names and numbers that fall off after a season.

If you are trying to by the "Nationals" script logo in blue... those are all sold out and will likely not be made again. Nike is taking over the MLB contract from Majestic for the 2020 season. If you are looking for any jersey in particular, I usually buy mine from the mlb/fanatics shop but that's just under $300 a pop for the authentic version.

Offline aBaltoNat

If you are trying to by the "Nationals" script logo in blue... those are all sold out and will likely not be made again. Nike is taking over the MLB contract from Majestic for the 2020 season. If you are looking for any jersey in particular, I usually buy mine from the mlb/fanatics shop but that's just under $300 a pop for the authentic version.

What? Are you serious?

I want a blue Nationals Soto jersey for Xmas. My 4 year old told me that's what he wanted to get me.

Will this be impossible for my wife to do?

Offline Copecwby20

What? Are you serious?

I want a blue Nationals Soto jersey for Xmas. My 4 year old told me that's what he wanted to get me.

Unfortunately, more than likely yes.

I've dug around a bit to see what the new Nike jerseys will look like but haven't found much so I can't tell you what they will look like going forward.

Blue is basically gone from what I've heard though.

Offline hohoho

Well, at least it's "authentic".  ;)

Offline hohoho

What? Are you serious?

If all else fails, buy a blue Nats jersey from wherever and sew (or stencil) on the name. Save some money.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022

Did you find this out? I'm generally against jerseys, will make exception here.

My favorite jersey remains the red. Now the postseason is over I will admit I think the navy jerseys were not great. They will always have a special place for this franchise, but I don't like them as jerseys. Haven't liked them since they were unveiled. Our patriotic blue alternates are okay for special occasions, but this team's primary colors are red and white.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
You can try the team store. I heard there were a few in stock there. Especially if you wear an XXL.

Offline santanaf

This is more of a pain, but I've done this before.

Find the blank jersey in the size you want from wherever. Then buy yourself a lettering kit, often offered from different sellers on ebay. It's possible to find a local place that does lettering on jerseys to apply the kit on your jersey.

I went this route when I was building myself authentic Ricky Vaughn #99 jerseys on 20+ year old Indians jerseys.

What? Are you serious?

Offline vicki4471

Not about a Jersey but about Nats merchandise.

My husband and I have all the Clemson coke bottles and cans from their ACC titles and college football championships and we have the panther cans from their division titles and I would really like the Nats World series coke can when it comes out (unopened). The coke website will personalize a bottle and I will probably order one but I would love a case of the coke in the  world series cans . The lady I spoke to when I called coke to see if I can order cans said the cans will only be available in select markets for a limited time only. If any of you DC locals see them in the store will you grab me a 12 pack? I have paypal and google pay so i can send you the money plus shipping if you find them. They are doing limited time Budweiser cans too but not sure if you are allowed to ship beer...

Offline Count Walewski

There's no sports shop in Washington DC that performs jersey customization as a service? When I lived in Chicago there were a number of independent sports stores where you could bring a blank jersey and an old guy in the back could put a player's name and number on it, even if your request violated MLBPA rules...

Offline aBaltoNat

You can try the team store. I heard there were a few in stock there. Especially if you wear an XXL.

Physically in person?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Physically in person?

Yes. In person. I would call though.

Offline aBaltoNat

Yes. In person. I would call though.

Well....I'm in CT.  :-[

Offline Copecwby20

Not about a Jersey but about Nats merchandise.

My husband and I have all the Clemson coke bottles and cans from their ACC titles and college football championships and we have the panther cans from their division titles and I would really like the Nats World series coke can when it comes out (unopened). The coke website will personalize a bottle and I will probably order one but I would love a case of the coke in the  world series cans . The lady I spoke to when I called coke to see if I can order cans said the cans will only be available in select markets for a limited time only. If any of you DC locals see them in the store will you grab me a 12 pack? I have paypal and google pay so i can send you the money plus shipping if you find them. They are doing limited time Budweiser cans too but not sure if you are allowed to ship beer...
I'm in many beer groups and we all mail the ever living heck out of beer as well, so if you want both you can get both.

Offline Copecwby20

Did you find this out? I'm generally against jerseys, will make exception here.

My favorite jersey remains the red. Now the postseason is over I will admit I think the navy jerseys were not great. They will always have a special place for this franchise, but I don't like them as jerseys. Haven't liked them since they were unveiled. Our patriotic blue alternates are okay for special occasions, but this team's primary colors are red and white.
I still think that the sharpest looking jersey in all of MLB is the blue Nats Jersey with the patriotic Curly W. And hate me if you want, but the new Marlins jerseys are the second best.

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
you could try DH Gate. Granted its not "authentic" but you cannot beat the price.

I got a Caps Oshie jersey for the stadium series when they played in Annapolis from there. It honestly was just as nice of quality as the Winter Classic one that I bought when I was at Capitol One. Also the price was only 26 dollars.

If you want authentic then my guess is fanatics or try ebay. Sometimes people have the jersey you want but without the crazy price tag.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Since they are changing from Majestic to Nike for 2020; good luck finding navy blue jersey with NATIONALS on the front!  I went to the team store early in the postseason and found one small rack of Turner Replicas(no front number or arm patches).   Haven’t seen them since unless in kid sizes but even those are out!

Sadly they probably won’t make any more if they don’t have the contract any more!

Offline vicki4471

I'm in many beer groups and we all mail the ever living heck out of beer as well, so if you want both you can get both.

Cool, I definitely want both, but they are local markets only. If anyone in the DC area sees them please let me know.

Offline HondoKillebrew

Since they are changing from Majestic to Nike for 2020; good luck finding navy blue jersey with NATIONALS on the front!  I went to the team store early in the postseason and found one small rack of Turner Replicas(no front number or arm patches).   Haven’t seen them since unless in kid sizes but even those are out!

Sadly they probably won’t make any more if they don’t have the contract any more!

Not sure, but I'd imagine the Nats will use that jersey next year and that Nike will make and sell their version.  However, I seem to recall reading that the "swoosh" logo will be featured on the front of MLB jerseys next year.  That's a bummer. 

Offline LightningMcQueen

Not sure, but I'd imagine the Nats will use that jersey next year and that Nike will make and sell their version.  However, I seem to recall reading that the "swoosh" logo will be featured on the front of MLB jerseys next year.  That's a bummer.

That is correct. The Reds recently released their red alternate jersey, and there it is, on the top right of the shoulder...

I was at a game in June, and bought a Scherzer Navy script jersey Majestic Cool Base (Roughly $140 I want to say), but it didn't have the front number or the sleeve patches. $40 later, I purchased the Nationals logo on the shoulder, the front number, and just purchased the WS sleeve logo through various vendors on eBay. When finished, I'll bump this thread and attach a picture of it.

Also, slightly off topic, but I do wonder if we are going to get a new uniform set for the Nationals next year with the switch from Majestic to Nike. I expect their road grey version to stay the same, as well as the Navy script during the postseason run as an alternate, but I wonder if the white uniforms they wore in spring training this past season was a trial run to see how they look, and will be the new home uniform going forward.  I think keeping the red jersey with the Curly W is a nice alternate, but the script across is far better looking to me.

We'll see!

Offline HondoKillebrew

That is correct. The Reds recently released their red alternate jersey, and there it is, on the top right of the shoulder...

I was at a game in June, and bought a Scherzer Navy script jersey Majestic Cool Base (Roughly $140 I want to say), but it didn't have the front number or the sleeve patches. $40 later, I purchased the Nationals logo on the shoulder, the front number, and just purchased the WS sleeve logo through various vendors on eBay. When finished, I'll bump this thread and attach a picture of it.

Also, slightly off topic, but I do wonder if we are going to get a new uniform set for the Nationals next year with the switch from Majestic to Nike. I expect their road grey version to stay the same, as well as the Navy script during the postseason run as an alternate, but I wonder if the white uniforms they wore in spring training this past season was a trial run to see how they look, and will be the new home uniform going forward.  I think keeping the red jersey with the Curly W is a nice alternate, but the script across is far better looking to me.

We'll see!

Thanks for the info about the Reds jerseys.  Here's an article about them with a photo showing the swoosh logo.  Not good.  https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/look-nike-swoosh-makes-mlb-jersey-debut-on-reds-new-alternate-uniform/

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Thanks for the info about the Reds jerseys.  Here's an article about them with a photo showing the swoosh logo.  Not good.  https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/look-nike-swoosh-makes-mlb-jersey-debut-on-reds-new-alternate-uniform/

Eventually, we'll get used to it. We don't have a choice.

The hell he says.  Remember when they tried to put Spiderman on the bases?  If enough people make enough noise, this will be changed (as it should be).  Whether that happens remains an open question.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I'm not sure how this works - whose IP the various uniform designs are.  I would have thought MLB would control because too many jerseys are pretty consistent over time (think NYY pinstripes, LA Dodgers, etc...). I wonder if the Nats would just transfer the designs to Nike.  I don't know much about clothing, so I apologize if this is not on point.