0 (0%)
Stephen Strasburg Game 6 Start
2 (4.2%)
The Final Out
8 (16.7%)
Other
11 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Best Moment of the Postseason  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Re: Best Moment of the Postseason
« Reply #50: November 04, 2019, 03:35:18 AM »
Maybe that was his way to tell lovely ladies he's available

Yeah, Juan Soto crashing the postgame show last night to say "My mom is my girlfriend!"

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #51: November 04, 2019, 05:47:05 AM »
Rendon and Strasburg did more, but I'll always think of this as Juan Soto's World Series. The train tracks homer in Game 1, Astros waving the flag and giving him their first intentional of the season in Game 2, and carrying the bat to first in Game 3 were all moments I'll remember a long time.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #52: November 04, 2019, 09:09:07 AM »
Watching A. J. Hinch melt during the 7th game.    Just watched the high lights of game 7 again.   The look on his face as the game progresses is priceless.     Each team we played had the "air" about them and each ended up like Hinch and the Astros.

Offline mdnatsfan

« Reply #53: November 04, 2019, 09:59:51 AM »
Attending NLDS Game 4 (Scherzer) and NLCS Game 3 (Stasburg) with my 21-year-old son were my highlights.

The pitchers had to pitch out of bases-loaded jams in the seventh of both games!

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #54: November 06, 2019, 06:45:16 PM »
I'm going to add a few that haven't been mentioned
- Zimmerman's Home runs:  The 3 run shot broke open a close game and really gave the team a ton of confidence. And the HR off Cole proved that Cole was human, and that we could beat him
- Martinez getting ejected - I had argued (pun intended) that Davey needs to start fighting/arguing with the umps. The Turner call gave him a perfect opportunity to get everyone fired up!  Here are a few additional thoughts...  There was a game back in may where Davey went out to argue a call, and he got ejected; -  Then the Nats started winning games.  In the WS, we were getting screwed on many calls by the umps. Strasburg wasn't getting calls, Sanchez didn't get calls, Ross got screwed on a 3rd strike, and then gave up a 2 run HR. Robles on a called 3rd strike, and then Trea Turner. Davey said enough is enough!
- Suzuki hitting the HR off Verlander;  Mega hit! (or is that Maga hit?)   But it was huge for the Nats, and it opened up the floodgates

there are many more, but these moments hold their own IMO.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #55: November 08, 2019, 12:44:55 AM »
Other = All of the above

Offline Scrapple

« Reply #56: November 11, 2019, 12:01:48 PM »
WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOOOOOOW!!!

Been cashing bets, and going to a “Happy Hour” somewhere with someone different each day to celebrate for over a week now - I’M ON MY ASS TIRED!!!!! So tired that I’m missing my companies Veterans Day Golf Outing for the first time in nearly 25 years to stay home and nap ALL DAY.  :old:

The best moment for me was when Victor Robles caught the final out “to go to the World Series”. After he caught the ball my 71 year old brother started crying like a baby which made me start ............ 😭😭😭😭😭
For special reasons, mine and my brothers team (the SENATORS/NATS) simply going to a World Series seemed even bigger than actually winning the thing. Winning it was the extra cherry 🍒 on top and I’ll certainly take it. But going to “the World Series” for the first time in mine and my brothers lifetime seemed to supercede everything else.

Still can’t believe it! Congratulations again y’all!!!

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Online Five Banners

« Reply #57: November 11, 2019, 02:26:37 PM »
But going to “the World Series” for the first time in mine and my brothers lifetime seemed to supercede everything else.

Still can’t believe it! Congratulations again y’all!!!

WOW! WOW! WOW!

When that happened, I had to blurt out "The Nationals win the pennant! The Nationals win the pennant!" Glad those seminal moments along with the wildcard game happened here and stood in contrast to what had happened here in previous years.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #58: November 11, 2019, 04:49:32 PM »
I voted "other" because I have several faves and also with what Calsgr8 quote "Other = All of the above"

The Soto "Go Ahead" hit in the WC and his "I don't care" rundown.
Howie's Grand Slam in NLDS.
Z-Man's first HR in World Series, for him for the team, for the franchise.
Strasburg's game 6
Howie's foulpole HR.
The Final Out in Game 7

Soto's train track HR.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #59: November 11, 2019, 04:57:20 PM »
The best moment was everything--was on a bus from Gangneung to Seoul during the end of wild card game.  Saw the early score at the bus station.  Oh no, not again.  But no WIFI on the bus!  I had wifi for about 10 minutes at a rest stop when they were in the rally mode in the 8th inning.  But then the bus pulled away from the rest stop before I knew what happened.  Couldn't stand the suspense so I turned on the phone and used my data about an house later to see the final score!!!  That was the start of a magical ride.  I know that fans in cities like NY and Boston and Chicago are lucky to have teams that win all the time.  However, I wouldn't trade that for years of disappointment followed by success--even if it's fleeting.

Online Five Banners

« Reply #60: November 11, 2019, 09:12:41 PM »
The best moment was everything--was on a bus from Gangneung to Seoul during the end of wild card game.  Saw the early score at the bus station.  Oh no, not again.  But no WIFI on the bus!  I had wifi for about 10 minutes at a rest stop when they were in the rally mode in the 8th inning.  But then the bus pulled away from the rest stop before I knew what happened.  Couldn't stand the suspense so I turned on the phone and used my data about an house later to see the final score!!!  That was the start of a magical ride.  I know that fans in cities like NY and Boston and Chicago are lucky to have teams that win all the time.  However, I wouldn't trade that for years of disappointment followed by success--even if it's fleeting.

Interesting to think that the latter two cities mostly came up empty for generations outside mainly of the Celtics and Bulls.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #61: November 14, 2019, 11:17:37 AM »
My favorite moments were Juan Soto getting in a rundown on his wild card hit and not caring because he was so pumped, and...well...Juan Soto again, nodding his head a billion times after Justin Verlander told him to stop doing the shuffle. And then calmly sending Verlander's next pitch into outer space.
Wait, did JV actually tell him that?

Offline expos1994

« Reply #62: November 19, 2019, 01:56:08 PM »
I'll give you a hint of my favorite moment (and there were a lot of them)...

CLAAAAANG!!!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #63: November 19, 2019, 02:15:40 PM »
I'll give you a hint of my favorite moment (and there were a lot of them)...

CLAAAAANG!!!

:clap:

That would make a great t-shirt.