0 (0%)
Stephen Strasburg Game 6 Start
2 (4.2%)
The Final Out
8 (16.7%)
Other
11 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Best Moment of the Postseason  (Read 1209 times)

Offline NatsLSU

Re: Best Moment of the Postseason
« Reply #25: October 31, 2019, 01:11:14 PM »
Sitting first row in the club level in the pouring rain when Howie hit that 2 run shot that I wasn’t sure was fair or not until the final second was  one of my top sports moment of all time. I was convinced that was the sign we were going to win and the crowd in the club went insane. It honestly felt like that club level was swaying/rocking. Just simply incredible. The fans out there last night in the rain were just an incredible bunch.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #26: October 31, 2019, 01:33:05 PM »
So many, especially going up against prevailing narratives. Postseason NLCS rest is bad was a fave, in that this was a vet team that was going to need innings from vet starters

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #27: October 31, 2019, 01:46:15 PM »
It's impossible to pick one because there were so many. Kendrick's 2-run homer was historic. But Adam Eaton's 9th inning single with the bases loaded was huge. It broke the astros back. At that point, all the hope was sucked out of them.

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #28: October 31, 2019, 01:48:28 PM »
It's impossible to pick one because there were so many. Kendrick's 2-run homer was historic. But Adam Eaton's 9th inning single with the bases loaded was huge. It broke the astros back. At that point, all the hope was sucked out of them.
Eaton gets overlooked because he batted right before Rendon and Soto but our 2-3-4 was one of the best ive ever seen in a WS. Absolute domination from that part of the line up.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #29: October 31, 2019, 03:05:04 PM »
My favorite moments were Juan Soto getting in a rundown on his wild card hit and not caring because he was so pumped, and...well...Juan Soto again, nodding his head a billion times after Justin Verlander told him to stop doing the shuffle. And then calmly sending Verlander's next pitch into outer space.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #30: October 31, 2019, 03:28:08 PM »
My favorite moments were Juan Soto getting in a rundown on his wild card hit and not caring because he was so pumped, and...well...Juan Soto again, nodding his head a billion times after Justin Verlander told him to stop doing the shuffle. And then calmly sending Verlander's next pitch into outer space.
and of course Juan Soto's shot to right and the bat carry, not to mention Juan Soto's "I may look awkward but at least I catch it" defense.  Any other Juan Soto moments?

Online imref

• Redemption - Uh..Hurt Neck
« Reply #31: October 31, 2019, 03:42:53 PM »
Zim hoisting the trophy and Howies GS.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #32: October 31, 2019, 03:54:49 PM »
and of course Juan Soto's shot to right and the bat carry, not to mention Juan Soto's "I may look awkward but at least I catch it" defense.  Any other Juan Soto moments?
Yeah, Juan Soto crashing the postgame show last night to say "My mom is my girlfriend!"

Offline van lingle mungo

« Reply #33: October 31, 2019, 08:20:07 PM »
I was doing controlled breathing the entire game from start to finish.  Stressful!

It's almost 24 hours later and I'm still wiped out from the stress. Stood in front of the TV for most of the game....couldn't sit down, too jacked up. Thought I was gonna have a stroke, man.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #34: October 31, 2019, 08:36:41 PM »
Davey losing his sh*t in game 6 was pretty good.

Online bluestreak

« Reply #35: October 31, 2019, 08:59:48 PM »
I think it’s the Wild Card game. I can’t think of a time I was more convinced the Nats were going to lose than leading up to that 8th inning.

In terms of how big a moment, it’s probably Howie’s homer last night or his GS.

But in terms of going from despair to absolute elation on one single play, it’s Soto’s hit in the Wild card game.

Online bluestreak

« Reply #36: November 01, 2019, 01:21:33 AM »
Here is a list of the 12 biggest plays by Championship Probability Added.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/31/twelve-plays-that-won-nationals-their-first-world-series-title/

Of note, Howie’s game 7 homer was, by this metric, the ninth biggest hit in the history of baseball.

Offline awbb

« Reply #37: November 01, 2019, 04:58:08 AM »
Zim’s ‘playoff time machine’ catch in game 1 of the NLCS to preserve the no-hitter.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #38: November 01, 2019, 05:01:09 AM »
Howie's flagpole HR was something else - particularly after the base running incident the night before.  It was a big turning point in the final game

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #39: November 01, 2019, 05:04:29 AM »
Smithian - you really are a mischief maker

I know there are a lot more. Thoughts?

Offline Smithian

• Team America 2019
« Reply #40: November 03, 2019, 10:13:51 AM »
Smithian - you really are a mischief maker

Me? Never

Offline Chelsea_Phil

« Reply #41: November 03, 2019, 10:35:10 AM »
Here is a list of the 12 biggest plays by Championship Probability Added.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/31/twelve-plays-that-won-nationals-their-first-world-series-title/

Of note, Howie’s game 7 homer was, by this metric, the ninth biggest hit in the history of baseball.

That list was made by an idiot at the Post.  To me, Stas’s strikeout of Altuve with the score tied in game 6 with man on third with one out is Numero Uno.  I think it is number 12 on the idiot’s list.

Online bluestreak

« Reply #42: November 03, 2019, 11:41:18 AM »
That list was made by an idiot at the Post.  To me, Stas’s strikeout of Altuve with the score tied in game 6 with man on third with one out is Numero Uno.  I think it is number 12 on the idiot’s list.

The list isn’t anybody’s judgement. As it goes over in detail in the article it’s a straight ranking based on the championship probability added metric. And has a link to the methodology.

Offline Chelsea_Phil

« Reply #43: November 03, 2019, 12:57:15 PM »
The list isn’t anybody’s judgement. As it goes over in detail in the article it’s a straight ranking based on the championship probability added metric. And has a link to the methodology.

Oh God, analytics applied to this as well.  I am applying the eye test , those being mine, and that list is totally screwed up.

Online bluestreak

« Reply #44: November 03, 2019, 01:40:16 PM »
Oh God, analytics applied to this as well.  I am applying the eye test , those being mine, and that list is totally screwed up.

Lol, you say a list is “screwed up” because it has as its number one moment a home run that brought a team from behind in the 7th inning of Game 7 of the World Series.

I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #45: November 03, 2019, 01:43:15 PM »
I think the winning home run in Game 7 of the World Series does pretty well in the eye test too.

Offline Chelsea_Phil

« Reply #46: November 03, 2019, 02:33:44 PM »
Lol, you say a list is “screwed up” because it has as its number one moment a home run that brought a team from behind in the 7th inning of Game 7 of the World Series.

I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

Ok, I’ll buy that, but that list was totally home run driven. Almost nothing regarding defensive gems, like Soto’s misjudged dive to make a catch in game 7 (or was it game 6), saving one or two runs.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #47: November 03, 2019, 04:32:34 PM »
Ok, I’ll buy that, but that list was totally home run driven.

Given that home runs are, by definition, scoring plays...well...yeah...

Offline Chelsea_Phil

« Reply #48: November 03, 2019, 04:36:02 PM »

Duh, I know that, but defense is half of the game, and the list seems to totally ignore that.

Offline Chelsea_Phil

« Reply #49: November 03, 2019, 05:26:48 PM »

Out of curiosity,why the Jim Cornette avatar?  I always had a soft spot for Capt. Lou Albano.