Author Topic: When is the Parade?  (Read 9226 times)

Offline SharkNats

Re: When is the Parade?
« Reply #100: November 01, 2019, 12:42:27 PM »
Has anyone gone by the mall to see if they are setting up the stage?  Pictures,  exact location?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #101: November 01, 2019, 12:42:56 PM »
Question for anyone:  How likely is it that someone arriving in the city around 1pm will even be able to find a place to stand that gives any kind of view of the parade?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #102: November 01, 2019, 12:45:40 PM »
Question for anyone:  How likely is it that someone arriving in the city around 1pm will even be able to find a place to stand that gives any kind of view of the parade?

my kids got to the Caps parade around start time and found a good viewing spot.  It's a big mall, and they will be on floats.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #103: November 01, 2019, 12:47:04 PM »
Has anyone gone by the mall to see if they are setting up the stage?  Pictures,  exact location?
Not on the mall. The rally location makes no sense to me. I am sure there is a reason not on the mall, but I don't know how the setup will work.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #104: November 01, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »

very slim

Offline SharkNats

« Reply #105: November 01, 2019, 01:11:11 PM »

I would say unlikely but the circumstances may be different since it's on a weekend and alot of families will have to wake up and feed all their kids and then getting out the door to drive from the suburbs to the metro may lead to alot of late starts.

Offline SharkNats

« Reply #106: November 01, 2019, 01:12:47 PM »
Not on the mall. The rally location makes no sense to me. I am sure there is a reason not on the mall, but I don't know how the setup will work.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that they are dropped off at 3rd and Penn and then walk to the rally stage front/center of the mall.  Otherwise how the heck are 500,000-1 million people supposed to see them.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #107: November 01, 2019, 02:01:54 PM »
The Capitals will honor the Nats before Sunday's game, Nats will be on the ice and with the trophy.

Maybe the fountain visits happen Sunday evening then?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #108: November 01, 2019, 02:09:31 PM »
I'm thinking both MASN and Fox 5 may have NCAA football commitments?

Dan Kolko‏Verified account @masnKolko 

The Nats’ World Series parade will be aired tomorrow, starting at 2pm, on MASN. Will also be streaming on http://MASNsports.com . Bob, FP, Bo, Alex and myself will have full coverage of the parade itself and the rally happening afterwards. It’s going to be beautiful chaos.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #109: November 01, 2019, 02:10:40 PM »
Hockey playoffs are in fountain swimming weather. Baseball playoffs are not. Seems ironic.

The Capitals will honor the Nats before Sunday's game, Nats will be on the ice and with the trophy.

Maybe the fountain visits happen Sunday evening then?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #110: November 01, 2019, 02:13:28 PM »

Dan Kolko‏Verified account @masnKolko 

The Nats’ World Series parade will be aired tomorrow, starting at 2pm, on MASN. Will also be streaming on http://MASNsports.com . Bob, FP, Bo, Alex and myself will have full coverage of the parade itself and the rally happening afterwards. It’s going to be beautiful chaos.

Think those of us out of the are will be able to watch in on MASNsports.com??

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #111: November 01, 2019, 02:17:36 PM »
Think those of us out of the are will be able to watch in on MASNsports.com??

Yes. Kolko verified that in the comments. It will be open to all.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #112: November 01, 2019, 02:18:09 PM »
Yes. Kolko verified that in the comments. It will be open to all.
ah you've made my day, awesome!!

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #113: November 01, 2019, 02:20:39 PM »
The only thing that makes sense to me is that they are dropped off at 3rd and Penn and then walk to the rally stage front/center of the mall.  Otherwise how the heck are 500,000-1 million people supposed to see them.

I'm sure this is how it will work. People standing on the mall side of Consititution Ave will just mosey down to the end of the mall.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #114: November 01, 2019, 02:21:15 PM »
ah you've made my day, awesome!!
Just. Drive. Here. Leave now.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #115: November 01, 2019, 02:34:35 PM »
I'd imagine the prime spots for the rally will fill. If you want to just see the parade, then I might the south side of Constitution near 12th.
 It is a slight uphill from Constitution to the Mall, so you would be able to see even if you weren't on the street.  I would not call it a prime spot.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #116: November 01, 2019, 02:37:32 PM »
I will do a service and walk down to that end of the Mall when I leave work stop posting this afternoon.

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #117: November 01, 2019, 02:42:09 PM »
I'm sure this is how it will work. People standing on the mall side of Consititution Ave will just mosey down to the end of the mall.

I wish they had just followed the route for the caps. It wasnt a long parade but the city isnt designed for lengthy parades. This section of the city is prime for visitors. But the rally has to be on the Mall beacuse it just simply doesnt make sense having it where it is.

Offline SharkNats

« Reply #118: November 01, 2019, 02:44:46 PM »
2:15: Just drove by location and I saw no signs or activity of building a rally stage or fencing.  Maybe they are having the rally from the Capitol steps.

Offline HondoKillebrew

« Reply #119: November 01, 2019, 02:46:09 PM »

Can anyone here confirm that the rally stage will be on the Mall?  It would make sense but I haven't seen that reported to be the case. 

Offline blue911

« Reply #120: November 01, 2019, 03:09:48 PM »

That will be a game time decision. I was in a bad car accident so I have good and bad days as far as walking is concerned, but thanks for the info. I don’t know DC well as I am a “point a to point b” type and don’t really have a grasp on the layout of the district yet.

I’ve found mass quantities of alcohol makes it easier.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #121: November 01, 2019, 03:27:13 PM »
2:15: Just drove by location and I saw no signs or activity of building a rally stage or fencing.  Maybe they are having the rally from the Capitol steps.
Can anyone here confirm that the rally stage will be on the Mall?  It would make sense but I haven't seen that reported to be the case. 
Definitely not on Capitol steps because traffic is free to travel east of 3rd Ave. If there were no trees at that intersection of 3rd and Penn/Constitution then it may be the perfect spot.

I'm sure it will work well whatever they do, but I'd like to hear more details.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #122: November 01, 2019, 03:40:14 PM »
I think most of this is already out there but this includes some info about the timing:

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #123: November 01, 2019, 03:44:09 PM »
Wear red but the entire WS we wore blue uniforms?

Me personally I will wear blue because its more fun to stick out in a sea of red especially if you end up in a major crowd thats wearing all RED

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #124: November 01, 2019, 03:51:23 PM »
Blue - it sounds like you have a database

I’ve found mass quantities of alcohol makes it easier.