Author Topic: WE DID IT  (Read 28022 times)

Offline Five Banners

Re: WE DID IT
« Reply #425: March 30, 2020, 08:59:28 PM »
There’s apparently a new banner at the park ready to be unveiled.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nationals/comments/frvbzr/new_banner_under_wraps_for_now/

And that blank pennant in centerfield is due for replacement

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #426: April 01, 2020, 08:25:18 AM »
So Jomboy had Brian Dozier on his podcast. I'm listening to it and he's talking about what happened when Martinez got tossed in the WS.

Apparently, he didn't get tossed because he was arguing the call. He got tossed because he was livid at the umpire for telling him to control his dugout.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #427: April 01, 2020, 12:56:05 PM »
I like him even more.

So Jomboy had Brian Dozier on his podcast. I'm listening to it and he's talking about what happened when Martinez got tossed in the WS.

Apparently, he didn't get tossed because he was arguing the call. He got tossed because he was livid at the umpire for telling him to control his dugout.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #428: April 02, 2020, 11:46:23 AM »
Washington national players read mean tweets from when they were down in the playoffs:

Offline imref

« Reply #429: April 03, 2020, 01:13:34 PM »
Instead of a teddy bear, here's what Mike Rizzo put in his window yesterday:

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #430: April 12, 2020, 07:20:25 PM »
Is there video anywhere online of the "let's get ready to rumble" guy doing the pregame intro at Game 3 of the NLCS?

Offline imref

« Reply #431: April 15, 2020, 09:00:19 PM »

Offline wj73

« Reply #432: May 10, 2020, 09:31:40 PM »
I’ve been thinking lately how sad it is that the Nats and their fans aren’t getting their victory lap this season. You know, stuff like having their line up announced as “the World Series Champion Washington Nationals” each game. Stuff like having a full year of being featured in the World Series exhibit at the HOF. The HOF has been closed since March. So we have some weird shortened season and some other team is crowned WS Champs, and the HOF reopens in October and immediately takes down the 2019 WS exhibit and installs the 2020 one so hardly anyone gets to see the Nats champion exhibit. Stuff like having World Champion signs and banners all through the Park (“GEICO salutes the World Champion Washington Nationals”).

No banner raising yet. Hell, they don’t even have their rings yet. I had tix to the Nats @ Angels game tomorrow night in Anaheim. I thought the Angels might have something like a quick pre-game ceremony for Rendon to get his ring from his former team. All shot to hell.

Just started thinking about this stuff lately and feeling bummed about it. I know there are a lot of real problems in the world right now and in the scheme of things this is minor, but it still feels like we aren’t going to enjoy the reigning WS champion year like we should have.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #433: May 10, 2020, 10:33:27 PM »
I’ve been thinking lately how sad it is that the Nats and their fans aren’t getting their victory lap this season. You know, stuff like having their line up announced as “the World Series Champion Washington Nationals” each game. Stuff like having a full year of being featured in the World Series exhibit at the HOF. The HOF has been closed since March. So we have some weird shortened season and some other team is crowned WS Champs, and the HOF reopens in October and immediately takes down the 2019 WS exhibit and installs the 2020 one so hardly anyone gets to see the Nats champion exhibit. Stuff like having World Champion signs and banners all through the Park (“GEICO salutes the World Champion Washington Nationals”).

No banner raising yet. Hell, they don’t even have their rings yet. I had tix to the Nats @ Angels game tomorrow night in Anaheim. I thought the Angels might have something like a quick pre-game ceremony for Rendon to get his ring from his former team. All shot to hell.

Just started thinking about this stuff lately and feeling bummed about it. I know there are a lot of real problems in the world right now and in the scheme of things this is minor, but it still feels like we aren’t going to enjoy the reigning WS champion year like we should have.

It’s small in the grand scheme of things. But it’s important to mourn the small things that we lost.

I still think it’s unlikely we have baseball this season.

Offline wj73

« Reply #434: May 11, 2020, 07:42:27 AM »
Sadly, I agree. Not sure I want a jury-rigged season anyway.

I was listening to the C&D podcast on the WS. It was fun re-living some of the memories, but it was also odd that in May our freshest memories are still of the WS games. We should have some new memories by now.

It’s kind of like when the Senators left. We were all still talking about Frank Howard and Eddie Brinkman five, ten, fifteen years later because we had no new memories to talk about. 

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #435: May 12, 2020, 09:32:52 PM »
At this point I’m looking forward to 2021 and we can be the defending champions until next October. Even if there is baseball this season, it won’t be the same at all.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #436: May 12, 2020, 09:51:59 PM »
At this point I’m looking forward to 2021 and we can be the defending champions until next October. Even if there is baseball this season, it won’t be the same at all.

I'm fine with werid baseball this season as long as the playoffs at the end of it aren't part of the "permanent record." No World Series.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #437: May 13, 2020, 05:22:04 AM »
I thought I heard the number of playoff teams would expand.  If so, sounds like there would be a World Series.

I'm fine with werid baseball this season as long as the playoffs at the end of it aren't part of the "permanent record." No World Series.

Offline imref

« Reply #438: May 19, 2020, 07:02:50 PM »
Rings will be unveiled on 5/24 per a tweet from the Nats.

Online HondoKillebrew

« Reply #439: May 19, 2020, 07:10:55 PM »
Rings will be unveiled on 5/24 per a tweet from the Nats.

Kolko and Friends now on MASN.  Now discussing that.  Didn't see the beginning of the discussion to and not sure what exactly is planned. 

Offline imref

« Reply #440: May 19, 2020, 07:17:11 PM »
Kolko and Friends now on MASN.  Now discussing that.  Didn't see the beginning of the discussion to and not sure what exactly is planned. 

Zuck tweeted that there will be a virtual ring ceremony.  I know they really want to do something in front of the fans, but at this point it makes sense, IMHO, to get them their rings.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #441: May 19, 2020, 07:45:58 PM »
Why not raise the banner virtually too?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #442: May 19, 2020, 09:26:35 PM »
Why not raise the banner virtually too?
We could ask the Astros to video the ceremony and bang some trash cans when the rings are about to be presented.

Online Slateman

« Reply #443: May 19, 2020, 10:50:04 PM »

Offline imref

« Reply #444: May 20, 2020, 01:34:09 AM »
Via Todd Dybas:

The Nationals — many of which were dissatisfied with MLB’s version of the World Series doc — have made their own postseason doc called, “Improbable”.

Part one airs 7 p.m. on Saturday, May 23 and part two will air on May 24 at 5:30 p.m. on Nationals.com and MASN.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #445: May 21, 2020, 04:53:54 PM »
Via Todd Dybas:

None of the documentaries or the ceremony are on the Comcast schedule as of yet. Bundesliga abounds

Online Slateman

« Reply #446: May 24, 2020, 09:52:20 PM »
If you have MLB Network, turn it on now

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #447: May 26, 2020, 03:55:09 AM »
Maybe I'm a Homer, but Improbable was miles better than the MLB Doc. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #448: May 26, 2020, 11:32:03 AM »
Maybe I'm a Homer, but Improbable was miles better than the MLB Doc. 
mlb doc was more for a national audience.  But at least the MLB doc had more baby shark. 

I'd like to see MASN do a season-long doc.  Lot's of good stories.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #449: May 26, 2020, 01:27:39 PM »
JCA - why don't you write to them with ideas of the important segments ?

mlb doc was more for a national audience.  But at least the MLB doc had more baby shark. 

I'd like to see MASN do a season-long doc.  Lot's of good stories.