Author Topic: WE DID IT  (Read 28065 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: WE DID IT
« Reply #326: January 07, 2020, 01:50:36 PM »

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #327: January 07, 2020, 04:30:08 PM »

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #328: January 07, 2020, 04:50:30 PM »
a whole bunch of new bobbleheads available:
https://www.foco.com/collections/washington-nationals

My favorite:

Offline Slateman

« Reply #329: January 08, 2020, 11:04:20 AM »

Numerous Uno

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #330: January 08, 2020, 11:23:07 AM »
Curious, where do DC Nats fans buy their Nats gear?  I get everything off mlbshop.com, but I live in Kentucky.  Are their some local stores with online shops that have more original/unique stuff?

Offline imref

« Reply #331: January 08, 2020, 11:44:40 AM »
Curious, where do DC Nats fans buy their Nats gear?  I get everything off mlbshop.com, but I live in Kentucky.  Are their some local stores with online shops that have more original/unique stuff?

Marshalls and Kohls in the D.C. area are the best outlets right now (and much cheaper than the official online stores).  I'd try eBay.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #332: January 08, 2020, 11:52:22 AM »
Marshalls and Kohls in the D.C. area are the best outlets right now (and much cheaper than the official online stores).  I'd try eBay.

Walmart and Wegmans have a lot of Nats swag. Modells used to have a lot of stuff but I haven’t been there in eons. Aside from these I shop online - Amazon and MLB.

« Reply #333: January 08, 2020, 12:12:17 PM »
Gotcha.  I didn't know if there were some local shops that did their own custom stuff...maybe not officially licensed.  I'm a big Louisville Cardinals fan, and while there is a lot of official stuff that everybody gets out there, I like to hit up a few local places that come up with unique designs that aren't officially trademarked and all that.  It's cool to go to games and not see your same shirt on 30 different people.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #334: January 08, 2020, 12:21:43 PM »
Target also has relatively cheap Nats clothing.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #335: January 08, 2020, 01:36:19 PM »
CVS even had jerseys.

Offline imref

Offline Slateman

« Reply #337: January 08, 2020, 05:16:04 PM »

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #338: January 08, 2020, 05:24:49 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Spec 4 Slate getting his pic taken with Barrett. :)

Offline Slateman

« Reply #339: January 08, 2020, 05:25:58 PM »
Spec 4 Slate getting his pic taken with Barrett. :)

Ewww ... no. I'm not a piece of crap soldier

Offline aBaltoNat

« Reply #340: January 08, 2020, 07:28:00 PM »
Ewww ... no. I'm not a piece of crap soldier

Are you serious?

Offline aBaltoNat

« Reply #341: January 09, 2020, 12:24:25 AM »
Are you serious?

Seriously nothing? Not from Slate or anyone else?

Is DC really that rotten now?

Offline GataNats

« Reply #342: January 09, 2020, 12:51:35 AM »

Offline Slateman

« Reply #343: January 09, 2020, 06:00:22 AM »
Who’s that ugly mook?
That's Aaron Barrett on the right and some soldier on the left. Barrett was part of a USO tour. Eaton went too

Offline Scrapple

« Reply #344: January 09, 2020, 01:57:47 PM »
Same reaction a bit. 

I watched the last half hour this weekend on MLB network (I think Sunday ending at noon) which flowed into an MLB Network thing on the history of the expos.  The intro to the Expo film used to start with Pedro's shoutout in '04 during the Sox victory celebration.  Now they've replaced it with his comments to Montreal after the Nats win this year.  Pretty nice for those who followed them after the move here.
I don’t know how fans supposedly follow “their team/franchise” after they leave town. Nobody loved the Washington Senators more than I did yet, when they left for Texas I may have stayed somewhat loyal to that franchise for about two months before I began to start hating on them too. Don’t know how people say they do??? Of course there was no ESPN or MLB TV back then but, I still doubt that would have made a difference for me to give a rats tail about that “franchise”. I continued to pull for our guys such as Del Unser, Darold Knowles, Toby Harrah, and Frank “Hondo” Howard but that was about it.

The connection my brother and I had as youngsters with all the old Senators teams along with the 34 years of torment before baseball returned made this Championship more emotional and special than anyone could ever know. I can’t stop crying. No really. 😢🏆 😭 🏆😢🏆😭🏆

Wow! World Series Champs! Wow. 😢🏆😭

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #345: January 09, 2020, 02:09:40 PM »
Seriously nothing? Not from Slate or anyone else?

Is DC really that rotten now?

Link is broken.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #346: January 09, 2020, 03:03:41 PM »
I don’t know how fans supposedly follow “their team/franchise” after they leave town.
There's more than few who are pretty regular on this message board, so the comment was mostly for their benefit. DPM, Cory, NAW, etc...

Offline imref

« Reply #347: January 09, 2020, 03:33:26 PM »
There's more than few who are pretty regular on this message board, so the comment was mostly for their benefit. DPM, Cory, NAW, etc...

IIRC, Quebec held a parade or some sort of celebration for the Rockies winning the Stanley Cup the year after they left Canada.

« Reply #348: January 09, 2020, 03:44:30 PM »
I don’t know how fans supposedly follow “their team/franchise” after they leave town. Nobody loved the Washington Senators more than I did yet, when they left for Texas I may have stayed somewhat loyal to that franchise for about two months before I began to start hating on them too. Don’t know how people say they do??? Of course there was no ESPN or MLB TV back then but, I still doubt that would have made a difference for me to give a rats tail about that “franchise”. I continued to pull for our guys such as Del Unser, Darold Knowles, Toby Harrah, and Frank “Hondo” Howard but that was about it.

The connection my brother and I had as youngsters with all the old Senators teams along with the 34 years of torment before baseball returned made this Championship more emotional and special than anyone could ever know. I can’t stop crying. No really. 😢🏆 😭 🏆😢🏆😭🏆

Wow! World Series Champs! Wow. 😢🏆😭

I never liked the Expos due to any connection to Montreal.  I have lived in Louisville, KY my entire life.  The Expos were my first tee ball team when I was 4 or 5, so I thought I was supposed to like the real Expos.  There was no local MLB team, although the Reds are an hour or so away.  I was actually thrilled when they relocated to DC.  For one, my favorite team would go from Canadien to one in the capital.  Go 'Merica.  Also, I was tired of the Expos broke selves having to trade away all my favorite players.  When you're a kid, you don't appreciate trading away a star player for "prospects" before they hit free agency. 

Offline Slateman