Author Topic: WE DID IT  (Read 28058 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Re: WE DID IT
« Reply #125: November 01, 2019, 05:37:02 PM »
I'm at my PC and can finally post the image I wanted to post earlier:

Charley Slowes call:

https://thefandc.radio.com/listen-nationals-world-series-game-7-winning-radio-call

Still can’t believe this happened.
Thanks for that. Too long to use the whole thing as a ringtone, but I can truncate it.
please share when if you can.

If anyone wants a ringtone of part of the final call, send me a PM requesting it and include your e-mail address. I'll wait until sometime this weekend and then send one message bcc'ing everyone who asks. It's an iPhone ringtone in .m4r format, 2.05 MB; it starts with "The kick, and here it comes ..." and ends with "the Washington Nationals are the World Champions!" (So from about 15 seconds into the call to about 31.5 seconds into the call. Heavily truncated because a ringtone needs to be brief to work well.) I could probably figure out how to post a public Dropbox link, but I'm wary of doing that because I don't know how 106.7 and the Nats would feel about a free-for-all distribution like that even though I won't charge for it.

To add a ringtone to an iPhone: Download the file to a location you'll remember. Load iTunes and connect your device to your PC. Then select the iPhone icon that appears in the upper right corner below the menus. Go to the "Summary" screen and scroll down to "Options." Check the box next to "Manually manage music and videos," then click "Apply." Then go into Windows Explorer or the Mac equivalent and find the file you downloaded and drag it to the "Tones" tab located under "On My Device." (When I did this, iTunes highlighted that whole area in blue, but it dropped into the correct place.) Hit the "Sync" button at the bottom to sync your phone and to push the ringtone to it.

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #126: November 01, 2019, 07:41:20 PM »
You guys---I just had to come and give a big congratulations on behalf of Dodger fans everywhere (well, at least on behalf of myself).  I hope the Dodgers will get a win in my lifetime (I was three last time they won, and obviously have no memory.). If we had to lose, I would have way rather lost to you than the Astros.  Way to rep the National League and bring some pride back.  You know this is a big deal when every NPR podcast is talking about the Nats more than they are talking about the news.  What a big day for Washington DC.  Celebrate well, and I'll see you back on this chat board in the 2020 playoffs!  Classy fans and classy team.  Celebrate well and take work off tomorrow!

I hope you have watched the Kirk Gibson Home run?  It was a classic moment!  When the Nats swept the Cards, "the experts" said that the real World Series was the AL championship. They wrote about how the Astros and Yankees were the 2 best teams, and either one would easily beat the Nats. I'm sure those same people are trying to explain how the Nats ended up winning.

The easiest explanation is that we went 10-0 in games started by Scherzer and Strasburg! I know it's not that simple, but a sobering reminder that good pitching beats good hitting. This is even more amazing when you consider that the Nats had THE WORST bullpen in baseball! I'm in favour of a good bullpen, but there is more than 1 way to win. I think the Nats "stay in the fight" mentality worked because we had the best starting pitching in baseball. See ya next year...

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #127: November 01, 2019, 07:43:42 PM »
When the Nats swept the Cards, "the experts" said that the real World Series was the AL championship. They wrote about how the Astros and Yankees were the 2 best teams, and either one would easily beat the Nats.

I didn't hear anyone say that.

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #128: November 01, 2019, 07:46:23 PM »
So who all gets a ring?  Is anyone who played in a game this year eligible for one?  What about guys like Jake Noll or Jeremy Hellickson, who were on the opening day roster (and even Sipp and Rosenthal, and Barraclough) and helped contribute to the regular season but were not around for the playoffs.  Carter Kieboom who was up for a bit.  How does that usually work?  Inquiring minds wanna know...

Well if Ray Finkle can get an AFC championship ring then all of our players deserve one too!  Laces out Dan  :D

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #129: November 01, 2019, 07:47:10 PM »

I didn't hear anyone say that.

It was out there... Why would I lie about that?

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #130: November 01, 2019, 07:52:58 PM »
We were on a 100+ Win pace for five months

Exactly!  Thats why I had a great feeling as far back as the All-star game. I even put my money were my mouth is and won some $$ in Vegas.

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #131: November 02, 2019, 12:32:07 AM »
I couldn't figure where to post this, so I guess I'll just throw it out here.

Major League baseball has never had a season before where there was a team in each league that won more than 105 games (during the regular season).  The Nationals beat both of those teams.  In that sense, they had the toughest path any World Series champion has ever faced -- and that's without getting into the wild-card status, and the comebacks that were required, both in-game and in-season.

Washington:  First in war, first in peace, and last in the American League first in baseball!

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #132: November 02, 2019, 12:35:43 AM »
Washington:  First in war, first in peace, and last in the American League first in baseball!

I'm so glad someone was here to Make America and Baseball Great Again....

(Split off to politics in 3...2...1) :stir:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #133: November 02, 2019, 04:52:23 AM »
I heard it as well

It was out there... Why would I lie about that?

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #134: November 02, 2019, 10:01:36 AM »
I’ll be interested to see who the players vote World Series shares to...
I can tell who I would not vote to get a share or even a partial share. Rosenthal, Barraclough , Sipp, Grace (even tho he will get one ) Ventner, Hellickson and some who made cameos during the season like Elias, Miller, Jennings Williams, A.Adams, Blazek and Barrett. Yes some of my selections are punitive simply for not being able to contribute and masquerading as MLB players.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #135: November 02, 2019, 10:26:23 AM »
Here’s a good article that covers a lot of the individual Nats and their journies.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27972251/all-living-dream-nationals-astonishing-world-series-run

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #136: November 02, 2019, 12:03:50 PM »
When the Nats swept the Cards, "the experts" said that the real World Series was the AL championship. They wrote about how the Astros and Yankees were the 2 best teams, and either one would easily beat the Nats. I'm sure those same people are trying to explain how the Nats ended up winning.
It wasn't just about the AL. Recall that before the NLCS, various pundits on MLB Network and elsewhere discounted the victory over the Dodgers. They said that Washington wouldn't be able to use its advantage in starting pitching in a best-of-seven series like they could in a best-of-five series, so the Nats would have a harder time with the Cards.

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #137: November 02, 2019, 12:25:01 PM »
It wasn't just about the AL. Recall that before the NLCS, various pundits on MLB Network and elsewhere discounted the victory over the Dodgers. They said that Washington wouldn't be able to use its advantage in starting pitching in a best-of-seven series like they could in a best-of-five series, so the Nats would have a harder time with the Cards.

They obviously underestimated Corbin and Sanchez

Offline madj55

« Reply #138: November 03, 2019, 10:44:26 AM »
and Conor Clifton is a regular in the NHL! 
He’s unbelievable, I knew his brother better but Conor is a good dude.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #139: November 03, 2019, 11:23:10 AM »
Anyone else doing laundry and noticing all the red stuff you have to wash?  Unless you want your white Home jersey or your blue Alts with white lettering to look pink, be sure to separate. :lol:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #140: November 03, 2019, 12:41:28 PM »
It's all blue in this house

Anyone else doing laundry and noticing all the red stuff you have to wash?  Unless you want your white Home jersey or your blue Alts with white lettering to look pink, be sure to separate. :lol:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #141: November 03, 2019, 02:04:14 PM »

It ain't even spring.    :)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #142: November 04, 2019, 05:21:29 PM »
We’ve got our own Mattress Mack now. If you eat or drink at The Bracket Room in Clarendon, save your receipt just in case...

https://www.arlnow.com/2019/11/04/clarendon-sports-bar-offers-to-refund-all-checks-if-nats-go-back-to-back/#disqus_thread

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #143: November 04, 2019, 05:37:07 PM »
We’ve got our own Mattress Mack now. If you eat or drink at The Bracket Room in Clarendon, save your receipt just in case...

https://www.arlnow.com/2019/11/04/clarendon-sports-bar-offers-to-refund-all-checks-if-nats-go-back-to-back/#disqus_thread

I heard that from Ms. Spain on AtH.    If I still lived in the neighborhood, I'd be collectin' receipts.    :)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #144: November 04, 2019, 06:22:54 PM »
I heard that from Ms. Spain on AtH.    If I still lived in the neighborhood, I'd be collectin' receipts.    :)

I just moved to the neighborhood :)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #145: November 05, 2019, 07:57:33 AM »
Game 7 had a 74 share in the DC market, that means that 74% of TVs that were in use, were tuned to the game.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #146: November 05, 2019, 07:59:45 AM »
Game 7 had a 74 share in the DC market, that means that 74% of TVs that were in use, were tuned to the game.
And everyone else was at the watch party

:babyshark:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #147: November 05, 2019, 08:14:16 AM »
How do they measure that though?  Isn't it kind of like polling?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #148: November 05, 2019, 08:24:49 AM »
How do they measure that though?  Isn't it kind of like polling?

Supposedly people who have neilson boxes, my tin foil hat wonders if cable companies help out with the data (then again they may keep those numbers close since they are pretty valuable of you’re trying to launch a streaming service and decide what content to go after- which they all are)

Offline dracnal

« Reply #149: November 05, 2019, 10:29:30 AM »
There are Nielson set top boxes and there are also Nielson journals. The journals rely on self-reporting what you watched, when, and encourage you to have the TV turned off if you aren't actively watching. Pretty sure the journals are why the viewership numbers often get revised upwards after the fact. Only reason I know of them is because my Father-in-Law was a Nielson journaller.