Author Topic: WE DID IT  (Read 28647 times)

Offline blue911

Re: WE DID IT
« Reply #75: October 31, 2019, 12:15:27 PM »
There's pessimism, and there's what some polluted this board with.  It's fine, they know who they are and the reward is so much sweeter when you never got off the bandwagon.

It’s a message board for a pro sports team. There is going to be a lot of crap talking and trolling, that’s the nature of the beast. Don’t feed the posters that fall into the jerk category and it’s a fine place.

Offline vicki4471

« Reply #76: October 31, 2019, 12:17:04 PM »
I got upset, I got angry and there were a couple of freefall games I just didn't  watch(When we have to be gone during a game I always dvr but if I heard the score before i got to watch and it was crappy I just hit delete) but I never gave up or quit on them... sometimes they were hard to watch. But more often than that they brought me joy. It was a ride unlike any other I have taken and would not trade a minute of lost sleep for that second last night when the final out was made ( cable came back on right before Howies  homer.) I love this team and I love the fandom . Davey said it best when he said Bumpy roads lead to beautiful places. I gotta admit seeing him crying last night hit me in the feels. He grew into his job this year really right in front of our eyes. He is not perfect but he did what no one else has ever done for this team.. and he definitely out managed his playoff counterparts.  It was a great season and I'm sad its over but so so happy with the ending.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #77: October 31, 2019, 03:36:40 PM »
Apologies if this was posted already. Kolko notes only Strickland already has a ring. First one for everyone else.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #78: October 31, 2019, 03:45:38 PM »
Apologies if this was posted already. Kolko notes only Strickland already has a ring. First one for everyone else.

Martinez

Offline imref

« Reply #79: October 31, 2019, 03:46:40 PM »

Offline spidernat

« Reply #80: October 31, 2019, 03:48:58 PM »
Maybe it's because I was drunk last night and I've been a little hungover today but it's just starting to really hit me. I'm watching the MASn postgame for the first time. It's freaking awesome!

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #81: October 31, 2019, 03:55:01 PM »
They gave Strickland another ring?

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #82: October 31, 2019, 04:58:09 PM »
True, especially when they get profanely personal or wish violence on anyone. But it is no worse than most other fan message boards.

Oh I know it's common.  I've been reading message boards for my Louisville Cardinals since there were AOL free hours discs to get online vai dial-up.  I don't think those fans that just go nasty with hate towards payers and are over the top can possibly have the same satisfaction as those that, while they get frustrated and disappointed, keep the faith and stay positive. 

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #83: October 31, 2019, 05:40:37 PM »

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #84: October 31, 2019, 05:55:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
First the Beatles and Monty Python both must play the Hollywood Bowl again.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #85: October 31, 2019, 06:06:50 PM »
Nationals just won the world series and ESPN leads SC with NBA coverage. Would it have been the same if the yankees or red sox had won? :smh:

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #86: October 31, 2019, 06:13:19 PM »
Nationals just won the world series and ESPN leads SC with NBA coverage. Would it have been the same if the yankees or red sox had won? :smh:

Yea, I started a thread on this at the start of the World Series.  Oh well, Baseball is still #1 to me of the pro sports. 

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #87: October 31, 2019, 06:29:20 PM »

No, it would not. Teams like the Nats and the White Sox simply fill out the schedule for the more "notable" teams. When our team wins it all, its almost treated as an annoyance. Sure, everyone is congratulatory, but heck, wait until a REAL team wins it all.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #88: October 31, 2019, 07:14:14 PM »

I mean, what were you expecting from ESPN?  It's 2019 - any devoted sports fan ought to have given up on that garbage network.  They've become nothing but a cringey infomercial for the NBA and NFL mixed with TMZ.  MNF and the NBA playoffs are their cash cows and they're going to stick to this programming model 'til the bitter end.

If you want more proportionate coverage, watch MLB Network or something.

No, it would not. Teams like the Nats and the White Sox simply fill out the schedule for the more "notable" teams. When our team wins it all, its almost treated as an annoyance. Sure, everyone is congratulatory, but heck, wait until a REAL team wins it all.

See above.  You're just going off of ESPN, which has become a parody of itself.  Like I said earlier, freakin BBC had the Nats as a top story and did a segment on the team.  Granted, the segment had a lot of talk about Baby Shark, but still, this is Britain we're talking about.  To the British, baseball ranks somewhere between France and biscuits/gravy on the popularity scale, so having a whole segment about the Nationals is significant.

Offline vernon337

« Reply #89: October 31, 2019, 07:19:25 PM »
I couldn't figure where to post this, so I guess I'll just throw it out here.

Major League baseball has never had a season before where there was a team in each league that won more than 105 games (during the regular season).  The Nationals beat both of those teams.  In that sense, they had the toughest path any World Series champion has ever faced -- and that's without getting into the wild-card status, and the comebacks that were required, both in-game and in-season.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #90: October 31, 2019, 07:33:00 PM »
Can’t post an image easily from my phone.

https://twitter.com/1995hoo/status/1190048278030770176?s=21

Offline hohoho

« Reply #91: October 31, 2019, 07:36:22 PM »
Mostly if a NY team won - Yankees or Mets.

Offline hohoho

« Reply #92: October 31, 2019, 07:37:03 PM »

Major League baseball has never had a season before where there was a team in each league that won more than 105 games (during the regular season).  The Nationals beat both of those teams.  In that sense, they had the toughest path any World Series champion has ever faced -- and that's without getting into the wild-card status, and the comebacks that were required, both in-game and in-season.
But Nats led the majors in character.

Offline imref

« Reply #93: October 31, 2019, 07:41:42 PM »
We were on a 100+ Win pace for five months

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #94: October 31, 2019, 07:45:10 PM »
We lulled em into a false sense of complacency with a strategic slow burn ;)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #95: October 31, 2019, 08:02:10 PM »
We lulled em into a false sense of complacency with a strategic slow burn ;)

I saw a joke on social media about how the Nationals brilliantly wrapped up road field advantage in the first two months of the season.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #96: October 31, 2019, 08:22:58 PM »
I saw a joke on social media about how the Nationals brilliantly wrapped up road field advantage in the first two months of the season.

I like Roam Field Advantage better because Roam sounds like Home. But I'm a simpleton so things like that amuse me.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #97: October 31, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »

:lmao:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #98: October 31, 2019, 08:26:23 PM »

:shock:

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #99: October 31, 2019, 09:22:45 PM »