Author Topic: Nationals @ Astros, WS Game 7  (Read 38117 times)

Offline vicki4471

Re: Nationals @ Astros, WS Game 7
« Reply #75: October 30, 2019, 06:17:02 PM »

can you use your phone?

Yeah I'm on my data plan right now...

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #76: October 30, 2019, 06:18:07 PM »
That's a bummer.  Any neighbors nearby with DirecTV?

DirecTV is unreliable in bad weather

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #77: October 30, 2019, 06:18:38 PM »
Anyone get their free taco today?  Picked mine up on the way home.  I'd never had the Doritos Loco before.  Not a bad little snack.  Perfect appetizer for a steak supper.

Offline Bookman

« Reply #78: October 30, 2019, 06:26:40 PM »
Anyone get their free taco today?  Picked mine up on the way home.  I'd never had the Doritos Loco before.  Not a bad little snack.  Perfect appetizer for a steak supper.
Free Taco and 2 Party Packs, 4 Taco Salads + case of Bud.  TV location secure.  GO NATS

Offline tenken627

« Reply #79: October 30, 2019, 06:26:54 PM »
Seriously I have an emergency.... Storming and Cable and internet are acting up. company says service should be restored by 11pm and Masn doesn't do text alerts in the post season.... wtf am I gonna do??????

The game is on network tv Fox. If you can get one of those digital tv antenna things that cost like 20 bucks that only plays network television from a bestbuy or Walmart or something

Offline natsarl

« Reply #80: October 30, 2019, 06:28:09 PM »
Watching MLB Network, seems like there are definitely more Nats fans there tonight than the other 3 games in Houston.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #81: October 30, 2019, 06:29:18 PM »
Forgot.

With or without the metal shavings?

https://www.newsweek.com/taco-bell-beef-recall-metal-shavings-1465228

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #82: October 30, 2019, 06:32:51 PM »

DirecTV is unreliable in bad weather

I used to have it and never had too many problems.  There was one occurrence I'll never forget though.  In 2003 Hurricane Isabel wreaked havoc on Central Virginia.  I only lost my signal for about 5 minutes during the entire storm.  A month later, however, I was watching a MLB playoff game, and loss the signal for 20-30 minutes due to a light drizzle and 10-15 mph wind.  I was pissed.  When the signal returned, I had missed the Steve Bartman episode.

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #83: October 30, 2019, 06:33:19 PM »
If the huge strike zone thing is true, I'm a lot more comfortable going to Corbin if Max is struggling.

well, Max is smart enough to take advantage of it too. But, IF Max needs help then Corbin should benefit too

Offline Bookman

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #85: October 30, 2019, 06:34:59 PM »

We're going to need pitching, defense and the offensive studs to lead the way but we're going to need a crucial hit from one of the others in the bottom of the order. Who ya got? I'm going with Gomes (although I have a sneaky feeling Zimmerman may do something special :pray:)
Face would be great!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #86: October 30, 2019, 06:35:11 PM »
I used to have it and never had too many problems.  There was one occurrence I'll never forget though.  In 2003 Hurricane Isabel wreaked havoc on Central Virginia.  I only lost my signal for about 5 minutes during the entire storm.  A month later, however, I was watching a MLB playoff game, and loss the signal for 20-30 minutes due to a light drizzle and 10-15 mph wind.  I was pissed.  When the signal returned, I had missed the Steve Bartman episode.

:lmao:

I had it for several years but switched to Fios in 2007

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #87: October 30, 2019, 06:36:19 PM »
Watching Michael A. Taylor and Brian Dozier taking BP right now on MLB Network. What are the odds either one plays?

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #88: October 30, 2019, 06:38:59 PM »
With or without the metal shavings?

I guess time will tell.  I'll keep you posted  ;)

Offline spidernat

« Reply #89: October 30, 2019, 06:43:45 PM »
I guess time will tell.  I'll keep you posted  ;)

holy crap, I had forgotten all about it but this reminds me of this crazy dream I had back in 2005 that I was at game 7 of the world series at RFK (:?) and someone on the Nats hit a walkoff bomb and in the celebration I fell from the upper deck and as I was plunging to my death on the warning track I was thinking "At least I got to watch the Nats win the world series!"

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #90: October 30, 2019, 06:50:45 PM »

It's been Nats vs the World since they came to D.C.

The fight to get them to the city. The fight to get their first Division Win. The fight to get their first Postseason series win. Their first Pennant and first World Series Appearance...

We went from Believing to not believing. Not believing to Believing. And from believing to knowing.

They are going to win this game  :whip:

They are going to win this game against all odds. Being 19-31, making the Postseason, winning the Wild Card, beating the Dodgers, then the Cardinals. We will beat the Astros. We will beat the Umpires.

Lets Go WNFF. Lets Go Nats :w:

:clap: :woop:

Plus, we've got that reverse jinx thing going for us with Las Vegas, Nate Silver, and Kevin Millar and Chris Rose of Intentional Talk all thinking the Astros will win.  The Nats have a lot of incentive to prove a lot of people wrong.  And they undoubtedly are still a little burned up about Bregman's disrespect towards them yesterday.
 :whip:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #91: October 30, 2019, 06:55:30 PM »
One hour to game time and I’m sitting in a final dress rehearsal for Into The Woods, Jr. 

I love my daughter.  At least, that’s what I have to tell myself.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #92: October 30, 2019, 06:56:00 PM »
:crackup:  NANF

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #93: October 30, 2019, 06:59:55 PM »
This waiting in unbearable. 

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #94: October 30, 2019, 07:01:13 PM »

:clap: :woop:

Plus, we've got that reverse jinx thing going for us with Las Vegas, Nate Silver, and Kevin Millar and Chris Rose of Intentional Talk all thinking the Astros will win.  The Nats have a lot of incentive to prove a lot of people wrong.  And they undoubtedly are still a little burned up about Bregman's disrespect towards them yesterday.
 :whip:
Millar went with the Nats, albeit under pressure from Russo, on High Heat earlier this afternoon. He already changed his mind by the time IT came on?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #95: October 30, 2019, 07:02:26 PM »
This waiting in unbearable. 

Ain't it though?   I tried hittin' a bucket of balls.   I went and bought candy for Halloween.    Hell, I've even been readin' the Turner thread.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #96: October 30, 2019, 07:03:45 PM »
Ain't it though?   I tried hittin' a bucket of balls.   I went and bought candy for Halloween.    Hell, I've even been readin' the Turner thread.
I went to the dentist. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #97: October 30, 2019, 07:05:09 PM »
I went to the dentist. 

Shoot, you ought to try readin' the Turner thread.    :)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #98: October 30, 2019, 07:09:52 PM »
I am at my weird hours job as per the usual so I shall be following along via this thread.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #99: October 30, 2019, 07:11:42 PM »
Shoot, you ought to try readin' the Turner thread.    :)

I recently got a root canal and I enjoyed that more than the Turner thread.