Author Topic: The Turner Call (very bad!)  (Read 4021 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
The Turner Call (very bad!)
« Topic Start: October 29, 2019, 10:41:49 PM »
Oh bullcrap, freaking bullcrap.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: The Turner Call (very bad!)
« Reply #1: October 29, 2019, 10:45:47 PM »
I don't know how we can beat the umps and the Astros

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2: October 29, 2019, 10:49:39 PM »
Trea, do not get tossed.

Offline NatsLSU

« Reply #3: October 29, 2019, 10:54:56 PM »
Rendon just saved the mlb

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline raleighnat

« Reply #5: October 30, 2019, 12:20:15 AM »
He said Trea interfered because the glove came off, what??  He didn’t chop it out of his hand he ran hard and the first baseman lost his glove!

It was simply an injustice on a grand scale.  There is no just universe in which that play was an out.  No matter the ultimate outcome it simply was a wrong.  And a wrong perpetuated with dispassion and careful review.  That makes it evil. And I know that you May say an evil? But this is a franchise denied by strike in ‘94 when the World Series was cancelled!   Only victory tomorrow can vindictate such a blatant injustice.   Thank you Stras.  You are better than all the scumbags who have dismissed you, who have called you a wilting flower.  And Rizzo - to those who have whined and complained with the championship clubs you have assembled.  Tomorrow - you can vindictate and redeem.  You can shove the shut down and a generation of futilely down their throats!   Go! Win! Whatever it takes!   Shine that sunlight on all of us that have been hidden too long in the shadow.  Give us our day in the sun!

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #6: October 30, 2019, 12:20:17 AM »
I agree. I wonder if Davey would have actually walked out there in that situation?  The only acceptable answer is that they wanted Doolittle to get in there and face live batters.
That's an acceptable answer.  Not risking his arm with that many pitches for the future in a 5 run game is another.  Saving him for an inning tomorrow is another lol

Offline hohoho

« Reply #7: October 30, 2019, 12:21:37 AM »
That’s what I always thought. But is it ok if it’s the last step?
No but he veered over to the bag.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #8: October 30, 2019, 12:21:50 AM »

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #9: October 30, 2019, 12:23:36 AM »
the runner is allowed to be out of the lane to reach the bag, as he must touch it Turner was moving slightly towards the bag; thus in a neutral zone and the throw was behind him.....and that the fix was in with the scumpires

Yes, I think the fix is in!  I hope that Davey exposed the bs and we win anyway. The strike zone in game 5 proved it. The 1st play of the game today was wrong! And, now the interference call. If we get fair umpiring then we will win game 7!

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #10: October 30, 2019, 12:25:17 AM »
Torre on MLB network now

Offline hohoho

« Reply #11: October 30, 2019, 12:25:43 AM »

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #12: October 30, 2019, 12:27:18 AM »

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #13: October 30, 2019, 12:27:46 AM »

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #14: October 30, 2019, 12:29:08 AM »
:lmao:  Torre: it shouldn’t have taken that long...I don’t know if it was the noise or what...

This guy is awful.

Offline natsarl

« Reply #15: October 30, 2019, 12:29:19 AM »
Torre looks like a fool in this presser

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #16: October 30, 2019, 12:30:01 AM »
:lmao:  Torre: it shouldn’t have taken that long...I don’t know if it was the noise or what...

This guy is awful.
My money is on what.

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #17: October 30, 2019, 12:30:08 AM »
It was simply an injustice on a grand scale.  There is no just universe in which that play was an out.  No matter the ultimate outcome it simply was a wrong.  And a wrong perpetuated with dispassion and careful review.  That makes it evil. And I know that you May say an evil? But this is a franchise denied by strike in ‘94 when the World Series was cancelled!   Only victory tomorrow can vindictate such a blatant injustice.   Thank you Stras.  You are better than all the scumbags who have dismissed you, who have called you a wilting flower.  And Rizzo - to those who have whined and complained with the championship clubs you have assembled.  Tomorrow - you can vindictate and redeem.  You can shove the shut down and a generation of futilely down their throats!   Go! Win! Whatever it takes!   Shine that sunlight on all of us that have been hidden too long in the shadow.  Give us our day in the sun!

Good post! I understand that umps are human, but they have been really bad, and all the bad calls have been against the Nats

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #18: October 30, 2019, 12:31:33 AM »
Torre could just take a dump on the mic for all it matters.  Any actual consequences would require approval of the MLBUA (whose twitter tonight predictably sounds like it's run by MintyFresh :lmao: :? :roll:)

Offline RiotAct

« Reply #19: October 30, 2019, 12:52:07 AM »
Torre could just take a dump on the mic for all it matters.  Any actual consequences would require approval of the MLBUA (whose twitter tonight predictably sounds like it's run by MintyFresh :lmao: :? :roll:)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #21: October 30, 2019, 12:59:16 AM »
Turner:

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #22: October 30, 2019, 03:58:25 AM »
Turner:

(Image removed from quote.)

if you took what Turner did as wrong, 90% of RH run out of the baseline. he corrected before it effected the play, its a poor interpretation of the rule. Eric Byrnes on MLB radio said the same thing.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #23: October 30, 2019, 07:06:38 AM »
Minty now at odds with basically the entire Fox broadcast team in addition to the entire board :nts:

Oh hey Minty two HOF major leaguers think that was a bullcrap call btw!

https://www.mlb.com/video/reynolds-dero-on-turner-call?t=mlb-tonight

:razz:

:mg:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #24: October 30, 2019, 07:12:29 AM »
Also checkmate Minty, Joe Torre just said Turner was out because he interfered with the glove of the 1B and was not because he was off the line.

Rule 501c deez nuts

So....  Joe Torre correctly interprets the rule agreeing with me and you got me in checkmate?

:lmao: