Author Topic: Popeyes chicken sandwich is back Nov 3!!!  (Read 1163 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Popeyes chicken sandwich is back Nov 3!!!
« Reply #25: November 06, 2019, 08:52:50 AM »
It's flash in the pan success. They can't sustain this business model. They want to go toe to toe with the big boy in CFA but they create a shortage to the point you have the idiots killing each other over it.

Kill them with cholesterol not getting stabbed over it. Can you imagine getting this far in life to only be killed over a fast food chicken sandwich?
Popeyes issue is simply a lack of prevalence throughout the country. Their product is heads and shoulder better than anything CFA makes.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #26: November 06, 2019, 09:19:15 AM »
Agreed.  This is nothing but a stunt to create buzz and demand.  Kudos to them because it seems to have worked.

I could say something about the people who actually wait in line for it, but I'll just be thankful that I have a Zaxby's somewhat near me.

In Leesburg, it was pretty much a rotating line of cars entering the drive thru, seeing the sandwich was out, and driving on. Most didn't even stop to talk to the microphone guy, and given the overall 'quality vs price,' at that particular location, I highly doubt they picked up more than a very small handful of sales over a normal day.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #27: November 06, 2019, 09:34:40 AM »
Truth is nobody ever really killed someone over a chicken sandwich.  That may nominally be the reason, but one or both individuals were already a ticking time bomb.

Online Slateman

« Reply #28: November 06, 2019, 09:36:09 AM »
Agreed.  This is nothing but a stunt to create buzz and demand.  Kudos to them because it seems to have worked.

I could say something about the people who actually wait in line for it, but I'll just be thankful that I have a Zaxby's somewhat near me.
Zaxby's is here in NoVA. It seemed pretty meh.

I'm just hoping the lines at Sonic calm down sometime soon.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #29: November 06, 2019, 09:38:50 AM »
It’s a good short term strategy for Popeyes. At least until the stabbing. They need a longer term strategy. If the sandwich is really that good they need it in every restaurant all the time. Simple.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #30: November 06, 2019, 09:40:07 AM »
I like Raising Cane’s.  Although the chicken seems to be getting scrawnier. That also seems true at Bojangles. More breading and less actual chicken.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #31: November 06, 2019, 10:35:40 AM »
Popeyes issue is simply a lack of prevalence throughout the country. Their product is heads and shoulder better than anything CFA makes.
CFA had about $10.5BB sales in 2018  worldwide, popeyes $3.7BB. This is closer to BK v. McD's.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #32: November 06, 2019, 10:42:20 AM »
Those people have patience

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #33: November 06, 2019, 11:15:31 AM »
When my mom was out here helping me recover we went to Popeyes and she really liked it, even more so than Chick Fil A. This was at the height of the original sammy shortage so we just got boxes of the strips. We had been at the Pentagon City Mall earlier in the week and the line for Popeyes was totally out of hand.

That being said.... if you are a grown ass man and you cut in line for a sandwich and let it progress to a fight that leads to your death, we are probably better without you in the gene pool to start with.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #34: November 06, 2019, 12:58:00 PM »
When my mom was out here helping me recover we went to Popeyes and she really liked it, even more so than Chick Fil A. This was at the height of the original sammy shortage so we just got boxes of the strips. We had been at the Pentagon City Mall earlier in the week and the line for Popeyes was totally out of hand.

That being said.... if you are a grown ass man and you cut in line for a sandwich and let it progress to a fight that leads to your death, we are probably better without you in the gene pool to start with.

Despite being a chain, Popeye's quality can vary -hugely- by location. My guess is that some of the lower trafficked stores don't bother with little rules like, 'Don't serve the chicken after X time under the IR lamp.' Even then, things like how much spice is added to spicy chicken can vary wildly visit to visit at some stores.  Other stores are remarkably consistent. Kind of a crap shoot, really.

Offline blue911

« Reply #35: November 06, 2019, 05:58:38 PM »

Exactly it’s a freaking chicken sandwich after all

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #36: November 06, 2019, 07:16:22 PM »

What I heard was that the guy was trying to talk to his GF who worked there. Someone then confronted him in the parking lot later. And stabbed him. So sounds like he is the bad guy. More details to come
I am sure.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #37: November 06, 2019, 10:33:51 PM »
But Cope - if you were in line, I would cut in line just to have the chance to talk with you

Online KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #38: November 06, 2019, 11:26:45 PM »
Zaxby's is here in NoVA. It seemed pretty meh.

I'm just hoping the lines at Sonic calm down sometime soon.

Sorry about your broken tastebuds.

Online KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #39: November 06, 2019, 11:28:25 PM »
I like Raising Cane’s.  Although the chicken seems to be getting scrawnier.

I find their chicken itself to be kind of so-so, but that sauce is outstanding.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Offline GataNats

« Reply #41: November 07, 2019, 01:04:40 AM »
Zaxbys is head and shoulders above CFA

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #42: November 07, 2019, 06:42:01 AM »
But Cope - if you were in line, I would cut in line just to have the chance to talk with you

That’s what bars are for.

Online Slateman

« Reply #43: November 07, 2019, 07:15:04 AM »
Sorry about your broken tastebuds.
lulz, even in their home state, Zaxby's isn't the most popular chicken place.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #44: November 07, 2019, 07:39:17 AM »
I find their chicken itself to be kind of so-so, but that sauce is outstanding.
The chicken seems to have gone downhill the past couple years. It might also vary by location? The sauce is what makes it.

Offline GataNats

« Reply #45: November 08, 2019, 12:37:55 AM »
The chicken seems to have gone downhill the past couple years. It might also vary by location? The sauce is what makes it.

Cains is a homeless man’s version of Zaxbys.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #46: November 08, 2019, 07:54:29 AM »
Cains is a homeless man’s version of Zaxbys.
Maybe because you don’t know how to spell?

Online KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #47: November 08, 2019, 10:15:00 PM »
lulz, even in their home state, Zaxby's isn't the most popular chicken place.

As we all know, popularity correlates perfectly with quality.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #48: November 09, 2019, 10:05:16 AM »
As we all know, popularity correlates perfectly with quality.

Are you trying to say that DWTS isn't going as planned? :shrug:

Online Five Banners

« Reply #49: November 09, 2019, 10:37:36 AM »
The quest for anyone outside of Chik to make fast food grilled chicken products not taste dried out and flavorless is the next frontier.