Author Topic: Crowd reaction takes  (Read 9812 times)

Offline Briggs

Re: Crowd reaction takes
« Reply #50: October 26, 2019, 06:04:15 PM »
Shocking that people who payed over a grand for tickets wanted to come and go when they wanted

Go to the Kennedy Center for a concert, or the Arena Stage for a play just to name to examples- and the ushers make you wait until the time is appropriate to return to your seat. When Nats Park first opened, ushers held up stop signs- holding back fans until a break in action.  Thye were trying to teach new fans.  Clearly many fans never learned polite behavior aka etiquette!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #51: October 26, 2019, 06:05:55 PM »
Go to the Kennedy Center for a concert, or the Arena Stage for a play just to name to examples- and the ushers make you wait until the time is appropriate to return to your seat. When Nats Park first opened, ushers held up stop signs- holding back fans until a break in action.  Thye were trying to teach new fans.  Clearly many fans never learned polite behavior aka etiquette!

I spoke to an old time usher in the 300s about this and he said they were told not to get involved.    Too much crap was breakin' out on holding people up at the stairs until a break in play.

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #52: October 26, 2019, 06:09:46 PM »
This thread sucks.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #53: October 26, 2019, 06:17:58 PM »
+1 - kill it with fire

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #54: October 26, 2019, 06:25:57 PM »
I'm just going to do what I should have done a long time ago.  You contribute nothing to this board.  So long.

Salty. ;)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #55: October 26, 2019, 06:28:36 PM »
I'd argue with ticket prices in the thousands of dollars, last night wasn't representative of the typical baseball crowd one sees in D.C.  A lot of people I know who went did so via corporate tickets, or via friends who splurged, and weren't regular season game attendees.

All I can say is that the crowd in The Yards park was hot until it began to thin after the seventh inning as we all headed to the Metro to try and beat the rush.  The bullpen was packed to the gills.  The Salt Line lawn was packed to the gills.  And when I first got off the metro I stood with about 100 people watching the Nats threaten early as we watched TVs through the windows of Buffalo Wild Wings.

Alongside the Bullpen people were standing on whatever they could to try and peek through the fence and watch the game.  One person mentioned that fans were trying to sneak in by climbing over the fencing. It was an incredible experience.
Sounds like it was fantastically representative of the DMV population.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #56: October 26, 2019, 06:49:57 PM »
Sounds like it was fantastically representative of the DMV population.

this is one of the most diverse cities in the country, so not sure what you mean.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #57: October 26, 2019, 06:51:51 PM »
:crackup:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #58: October 26, 2019, 06:58:26 PM »
this is one of the most diverse cities in the country, so not sure what you mean.

Maybe if you hanging out in a Home Depot parking lot in Manassas but the DC Vortex for events like this is nothing but overpaid and over educated needledicks that can’t change a flat or name a Sly and the Family Stone song if their very lived depended on it.

Offline imref

« Reply #59: October 26, 2019, 07:02:57 PM »
Maybe if you hanging out in a Home Depot parking lot in Manassas but the DC Vortex for events like this is nothing but overpaid and over educated needledicks that can’t change a flat or name a Sly and the Family Stone song if their very lived depended on it.

I hung out next to a group of guys last night who looked like clones of Wander Suero.  In front of me was an elderly woman in a motorized wheelchair hanging with her 40-something daughter.  I'm guessing at least one of them could have named a sly song.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #60: October 26, 2019, 07:03:05 PM »
I didn't think Slate was talking about diversity :shrug:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #61: October 26, 2019, 07:03:47 PM »

:spit:

Offline imref

« Reply #62: October 26, 2019, 07:04:07 PM »
I didn't think Slate was talking about diversity :shrug:

I try not to put too much effort into trying to decipher what Slate says.  I'm sure if he was there last night he would have been talking to everyone all around him about how the Nats suck, they are going to lose, and the team should have been blown up in April.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #63: October 26, 2019, 07:21:22 PM »
Exactly. One of the richest areas in the world. Only people who live here for any length of time are the people who can drop a ton or money for tickets or have a corporate hookup.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #64: October 26, 2019, 07:25:35 PM »
Exactly. One of the richest areas in the world. Only people who live here for any length of time are the people who can drop a ton or money for tickets or have a corporate hookup.

Eh, If you want to go to the World Series nothing is holding anyone back that’s not bankrupt or afraid of a little debt. That said, it was always a really white and really lame crowd at the bigger games when we were STHs.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #65: October 26, 2019, 07:27:26 PM »
Eh, If you want to go to the World Series nothing is holding anyone back that’s not bankrupt or afraid of a little debt. That said, it was always a really white and really lame crowd at the bigger games when we were STHs.

It still is. That's why the baby shark phenomenon exists.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #66: October 26, 2019, 07:28:02 PM »

The watch party crowd was a lot less pallid.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #67: October 26, 2019, 07:38:19 PM »

It still is. That's why the baby shark phenomenon exists.

That crap is so embarrassing everyone embracing it should be put in the same Rocket the idiots doing the NY Jets “N-A-T-S” score chant on the Missile straight to shiitetown.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #68: October 26, 2019, 07:39:02 PM »
That crap is so embarrassing everyone embracing it should be put in the same Rocket the idiots doing the NY Jets “N-A-T-S” score chant on the Missile straight to shiitetown.

Fired up

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #69: October 26, 2019, 07:42:44 PM »

Offline spidernat

« Reply #70: October 26, 2019, 07:44:11 PM »
Corbin said it looked like halloween in the stadium :lmao:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #71: October 26, 2019, 07:46:34 PM »

That crap should come with a trigger warning. Holy fook is that embarrassing.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #72: October 26, 2019, 07:48:20 PM »
That crap should come with a trigger warning. Holy fook is that embarrassing.

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #73: October 26, 2019, 08:24:50 PM »
I'm just going to do what I should have done a long time ago.  You contribute nothing to this board.  So long.
Am I new head of the Sunshine Squad?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #74: October 26, 2019, 08:25:54 PM »
Am I new head of the Sunshine Squad?

Nah, the ban will be lifted and he’ll be back.