Author Topic: Counterfeit Nats world series champs t-shirts for sale downtown this morning  (Read 4347 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
finally got my trophy shark tshirt and the fight finished on field shirt.

on field shirt is more comfy but the shark is pretty awesome.
It looks like our emoji is slightly different than Trophy Shark.  All silver trophy rather than gold and silver.  Also, Trophy Shark does not have a TM by it on the shirt.  The TM is only by the world series logo.

:babyshark:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
There are multiple variations. I didn't think the 2-tone would shrink down to emoji size very well.  Silver over gold was just a random choice.

Offline Natsinpwc

Got my grey long sleeve Fight Finished T-shirt. Came earlier than expected. Very nice. Of course for $40 it should be.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Offline Copecwby20

(Image removed from quote.)

I have a Max pitched ball with opening day and post season logos.

I put a max bid of $500 down on a Max pitched World Series ball but got beat out at 700ish.

I’m gonna wait a few months until the hype dies down and pick up a World
Series ball.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
For a grand you'd think they'd at least give you a new ball. :)

Offline Copecwby20

Anyone thinking about buying a replica ring? I want to but I haven’t seen the official ones yet and there are a lot of knock offs floating around.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Anyone thinking about buying a replica ring? I want to but I haven’t seen the official ones yet and there are a lot of knock offs floating around.
Not my thing. That said, wait until they reveal the design of the real rings. If it is like football, I think the team and the owners design something unique, so the "knock offs" aren't really patterned after what the ring will look like. 

Here is the Red Sox real ring and the knock offs from 2018.
https://www.google.com/search?q=red%20sox%202018%20world%20series%20rings&cad=h

Offline HondoKillebrew

I picked up the Sports Illustrated commemorative issue yesterday.  Have only thumbed through it so far, but it has a pretty good number of nice photos. 

Offline vicki4471

I have never really paid much attention to this stuff because I never really had a need to, but how does the world series ring situation work? I know there will be a ceremony opening day but what about the players that are no longer there?  Do they just get them by delivery?

And if any of you can recall has there ever been a situation where someone was at the opening day ceremony to receive the ring.. but now as a player for the opposing team?

Awkward...LOL

Offline HalfSmokes

I have never really paid much attention to this stuff because I never really had a need to, but how does the world series ring situation work? I know there will be a ceremony opening day but what about the players that are no longer there?  Do they just get them by delivery?

And if any of you can recall has there ever been a situation where someone was at the opening day ceremony to receive the ring.. but now as a player for the opposing team?

Awkward...LOL

I think a lot depends on the player in question and the team- if someone as important as Rendon plays for another team next year, I’d absolutely expect them to have a ceremony for him the first time he’s back. For a guy like Strickland, I’m guessing they’d just mail it

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Here’s what the Cubs did with Dexter Fowler. He got his ring in a ceremony and immediately hit a lead off homer against them.

https://amp.usatoday.com/102431448

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
All the more reason to sign Rendon.  Proving Slate wrong (again) would be a close second :stir:

Offline Five Banners

Here’s what the Cubs did with Dexter Fowler. He got his ring in a ceremony and immediately hit a lead off homer against them.

https://amp.usatoday.com/102431448

Nightmare of a ring ceremony

Offline Copecwby20

Not really counterfeit but super discounted, the TJ Maxx stores in the Stafford/Fredericksburg area have the Dooney & Burke Nationals themed purses on sale for $70. They are normally north of 200. They even come with a matching change purse.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Offline blue911

Not really counterfeit but super discounted, the TJ Maxx stores in the Stafford/Fredericksburg area have the Dooney & Burke Nationals themed purses on sale for $70. They are normally north of 200. They even come with a matching change purse.

You need the matching shoes or you’ll just look gauche.

Offline Copecwby20

You need the matching shoes or you’ll just look gauche.

Dang it, if Alison sees this post, you've just spent my beer money for the weekend. Thanks!