Author Topic: Counterfeit Nats world series champs t-shirts for sale downtown this morning  (Read 4343 times)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
They don’t have the blue jerseys worn during the playoffs on MLB Shop. Boo. Never bought a jersey before, but I’m considering it now.

Offline hohoho

They don’t have the blue jerseys worn during the playoffs on MLB Shop. Boo. Never bought a jersey before, but I’m considering it now.
It's just me, but grown-up mature adults wearing jerseys with another person's name on it is just wrong.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
It's just me, but grown-up mature adults wearing jerseys with another person's name on it is just wrong.

Just you

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
If I get one, it will be blank.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I want one of these shirts (preferably with the text in red):

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

See, I think it’s weirder to get a jersey with your own name on it...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

They are switching to Nike next year. So I think they sold all of the jerseys made by majestic and aren’t making anymore for a while.

Offline slhubic

being in Canada, it can be frustrating to deal with what one can, or should, be able to get, and then what the shipping options might (or might not) be.  but, surely, one of the first things I knew I would have to do, was to certainly get some items.  obviously, as has been referenced, there can hopefully be no ill effect with ordering from either Mlb.com, or Fanatics, or Dick's, but, if anyone else happens to note an option that is friendly to us ex-Expos, it would be appreciated if it was mentioned...

to note, however, when my Blue Jays won, I loved being able to get an official, exclusive baseball card set, and so I have been looking for what might be available, even though I haven't kept up on the hobby, and one set that has already been mentioned, is pretty cool from Topps, and is from their Topps 'Now' series, which I was a little familiar with as 'eTopps' was once, I believe?  anyways, they are offering three options for their set: one a basic set, one a collector's set, and one a collector's set with an autographed card:

https://www.topps.com/cards-collectibles/topps-now/mlbtoppsnow.html?p=1

Offline Count Walewski

I have a few friends who think this, and frankly I don't get it. You're already wearing the uniform of a team that you're not a member of. If we can all understand that wearing a Nationals jersey means "I like the Nationals", it seems like a logical next step to understand that wearing a specific player's name and number on the back means "I specifically like THIS player". Do you also object to, say, wearing band shirts? Where do you draw the line?

I re-arranged the Nats bobbleheads on my desk this morning and determined I have room for exactly one more (unless I send somebody into storage). I've decided I am going to buy the bobblehead of Rendon holding the trophy. Yes, Rendon might be gone, but he was my personal MVP of the 2019 season and postseason and nothing he does in the future, not even sign with the Phillies, will ever take that away.

Offline HondoKillebrew

Just got an email from nationals.com offering commemorative versions of the tickets for each of our home WS games.  I purchased one for the game I attended. 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Just got an email from nationals.com offering commemorative versions of the tickets for each of our home WS games.  I purchased one for the game I attended. 

Same.  Wish it could have the seat # from the actual ticket I got on Stubhub, but oh well.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
anyone buy any of the shirts / hoodies sold by street vendors?  Are they decent?

There were a few vendors set up outside Capital One Arena last night.  Shirts look pretty close to the 'authentic' one I bought from mlbshop.com

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I think I'm going to Bethesda Bagels then the team store tomorrow.

Online aspenbubba

Yes they have the best bagels but from CC? Or are you riding your bike up the Capital Crescent ?

I'm not sure I should admit this but 5 years ago I was dating a woman in NYC who had recently moved from Bethesda back to Manhattan. She insisted that Bethesda Bagels were better than anything she knew of in NY and asked me to bring her a dozen every visit.  I maybe the only person known to mankind that brought bagels to NYC. Yes , she was nuts but that is another story.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Yes they have the best bagels but from CC? Or are you riding your bike up the Capital Crescent ?

I'm not sure I should admit this but 5 years ago I was dating a woman in NYC who had recently moved from Bethesda back to Manhattan. She insisted that Bethesda Bagels were better than anything she knew of in NY and asked me to bring her a dozen every visit.  I maybe the only person known to mankind that brought bagels to NYC. Yes , she was nuts but that is another story.
there's one near the ballpark so I was thinking about heading there for lunch and then the team store.

Online aspenbubba

there's one near the ballpark so I was thinking about heading there for lunch and then the team store.
Never knew that . Thanks

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
lunch was a marble bagel with peppered smoked salmon capers onions and tomatoes.

Hit the team store and settled on 2 hats and a red Trophy Shark short sleeve tee shirt. Hats were the blue cap red visor with a 2019 world series champion logo, and a black ws champs with a :w: and the trophy. I had a hard time selecting. I stood there saying I don't think I will go by again so I kept saying decide.

Offline miller10

One of these months, my shirts and hats I ordered online the day after the WS will arrive.  Hopefully before next season starts. :roll:

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I feel like I'd want a counterfeit one as a momento

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
trophy shark looks a lot like our baby shark emoji

Online aspenbubba

lunch was a marble bagel with peppered smoked salmon capers onions and tomatoes.

Hit the team store and settled on 2 hats and a red Trophy Shark short sleeve tee shirt. Hats were the blue cap red visor with a 2019 world series champion logo, and a black ws champs with a :w: and the trophy. I had a hard time selecting. I stood there saying I don't think I will go by again so I kept saying decide.

I just ordered a black hat with the curly "W" and the trophy. Free shipping and 25% off from MLB. Thank you for the push I needed. Offerd to buy hats for my grand kids and they said that they don't wear hats but I think they could care less about baseball. They both watched videos of the Nats celebrating with the Caps and thought that was great.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
trophy shark looks a lot like our baby shark emoji

That's where it was stolen taken from, I believe.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
That's where it was stolen taken from, I believe.
lend lease, as teddy's cousin would say.

Offline GNatsNoMore

One of these months, my shirts and hats I ordered online the day after the WS will arrive.  Hopefully before next season starts. :roll:

I got one t-shirt today.  Still waiting for two more.

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
finally got my trophy shark tshirt and the fight finished on field shirt.

on field shirt is more comfy but the shark is pretty awesome.