Author Topic: Counterfeit Nats world series champs t-shirts for sale downtown this morning  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Count Walewski

I saw at least two stands selling these today near Farragut West.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
A more benign form of counterfeiting than, say, bogus pharmaceuticals. 

How much  :P

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
I saw at least two stands selling these today near Farragut West.
What about near Farragut North?

Offline Five Banners

So you're telling me the Skins 2019 Champs t-shirt I got there is counterfeit?

• babble on
Counterfeit nothing, that's hallucinogenic
So you're telling me the Skins 2019 Champs t-shirt I got there is counterfeit?

Offline vicki4471

At least wait until its over...LMAO idiots

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
At least wait until its over...LMAO idiots

Neighbor across the street said he was goin' through a discount bin and found a Golden Knights Stanley Cup champ t-shirt.     I told him there's 5,000 of those in Central America.

Offline vicki4471

Neighbor across the street said he was goin' through a discount bin and found a Golden Knights Stanley Cup champ t-shirt.     I told him there's 5,000 of those in Central America.

I always wondered what happened to that stuff. I mean they start distributing it the second the game is over so you know there is plenty of it ready to go. I remember last year the store in Alabama near a friend of mine put out the college football championship shirt a "little " prematurely.. Bet someone got fired for that...

• babble on
I saw a bunch of Washington Federals shirts in West Africa a couple of years after the USFL folded. 

Offline mitlen

I saw a bunch of Washington Federals shirts in West Africa a couple of years after the USFL folded. 

I have a Federals shirt and hat.    :old:      Got a Dips shirt too.     :)     Was talking to a guy at the driving range today about Johan Cruyff.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
I have a Federals shirt and hat.    :old:      Got a Dips shirt too.     :)     Was talking to a guy at the driving range today about Johan Cruyff.

Buddy of mine has a Seahawks championship hat from their first SB appearance (they lost the game)

Offline BCH89

I always wondered what happened to that stuff. I mean they start distributing it the second the game is over so you know there is plenty of it ready to go. I remember last year the store in Alabama near a friend of mine put out the college football championship shirt a "little " prematurely.. Bet someone got fired for that...

The leagues destroy the losing team's shirts now.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
They used to send it to third world countries

Offline mitlen

The leagues destroy the losing team's shirts now.

The counterfeiters don't check with MLB.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Fairfax County Police way they’ve been dealing with a number of reports of counterfeit tickets.

https://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/2019/10/24/warning-beware-of-world-series-ticket-scams/?__twitter_impression=true

Offline Five Banners

Fairfax County Police way they’ve been dealing with a number of reports of counterfeit tickets.

https://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/2019/10/24/warning-beware-of-world-series-ticket-scams/?__twitter_impression=true

How anyone would take a printout from some random guy like those on Half Street and fork over hundreds boggles the mind

Offline 1995hoo

The Federals had a t-shirt giveaway game. First 15,000 fans would get shirts. Only about 6,000 people showed up.

Offline BCH89

The counterfeiters don't check with MLB.

Wasn't considering the counterfeit guys outside the stadium. Now that you say that, I'm pretty sure I saw some guy outside Federal Triangle metro yesterday with a cart of clearly counterfeit champs shirts trying to offload them to anyone he could.

Offline hohoho

So what is a "counterfeit shirt"? One that is overpriced because it has the official endorsement of the Nats.

Offline BCH89

So what is a "counterfeit shirt"? One that is overpriced because it has the official endorsement of the Nats.

The ones being sold outside the stadium for $5.

Offline Count Walewski

Gonna buy one tomorrow morning on my way to work

https://i.imgur.com/KzEWV5f.jpg

They were $5 before the Nats actually won the World Series, I wonder if they will jack the price up to $10 now.

Offline heeman82

Made in USA or GTFO

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I'm going to Dick's first thing. They are opening at 7am. Gonna buy a crapload of championship merchandise.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
I'm going to Dick's first thing. They are opening at 7am. Gonna buy a crapload of championship merchandise.
I just ordered three shirts, three hats, and a pennant.

Offline miller10

I dropped what seemed like a fortune on hats and t-shirts when the caps won the Cup.  This will be no different.  These companies certainly know how to take advantage of a delirious fan base charging $35 for something that probably costs 75 cents.