Author Topic: Counterfeit Nats world series champs t-shirts for sale downtown this morning  (Read 4339 times)

Offline Count Walewski

It's just me, but grown-up mature adults wearing jerseys with another person's name on it is just wrong.

I have a few friends who think this, and frankly I don't get it. You're already wearing the uniform of a team that you're not a member of. If we can all understand that wearing a Nationals jersey means "I like the Nationals", it seems like a logical next step to understand that wearing a specific player's name and number on the back means "I specifically like THIS player". Do you also object to, say, wearing band shirts? Where do you draw the line?

I re-arranged the Nats bobbleheads on my desk this morning and determined I have room for exactly one more (unless I send somebody into storage). I've decided I am going to buy the bobblehead of Rendon holding the trophy. Yes, Rendon might be gone, but he was my personal MVP of the 2019 season and postseason and nothing he does in the future, not even sign with the Phillies, will ever take that away.