Author Topic: World Series pre-sale link?  (Read 9472 times)

Offline brianstash

Re: World Series pre-sale link?
« Reply #200: October 19, 2019, 12:09:50 PM »
And.... after nothing yesterday.... this:

Dear Nationals Fan Club Member,

Thank you for registering for the chance to participate in the Nationals Fan Club World Series Ticket Opportunity. Due to the overwhelming response and limited ticket availability, we were only able to select a small number of entries to participate in the ticket opportunity. We regret to inform you that your entry was not selected.

Thank you again for your participation and for your support of the Washington Nationals. For more information on the Nationals 2019 Postseason, please visit www.Nationals.com/postseason.

Offline nationals28

« Reply #201: October 19, 2019, 12:12:37 PM »
It was all a scam. I would be pissed if I bought NLCS tickets and then locked out. Misleading advertising.

As was the "ticket lottery" today. Although I knew that going in, I still signed up using 10 different email accounts, all of which were told they were not selected.

Greedy organization offered way-too-generous World Series guarantees as a perk in order to sell season ticket plans, then also falsely promised access to WS tickets to NLCS buyers, again as a perk to try to sell tickets. They never thought they'd make it, and when they finally did their over-zealous marketing guarantees created a clusterf*ck.

Offline thisizit

« Reply #202: October 19, 2019, 12:45:06 PM »
I went ahead and bought a season plan for next year and got a strip in SEC 240. I am considering selling my tickets to one of the games so I can fund the others and possibly pick up an extra ticket to one of the games I already have. Is there a reasonable way to sell without both parties incurring the stub hub fees?  Stubhub offers good protections but the price is steep on both sides. 

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #203: October 19, 2019, 01:14:29 PM »
As was the "ticket lottery" today. Although I knew that going in, I still signed up using 10 different email accounts, all of which were told they were not selected.

Greedy organization offered way-too-generous World Series guarantees as a perk in order to sell season ticket plans, then also falsely promised access to WS tickets to NLCS buyers, again as a perk to try to sell tickets. They never thought they'd make it, and when they finally did their over-zealous marketing guarantees created a clusterf*ck.

They were still pushing the NLCS presale during Game 4.

Offline vacunajr

« Reply #204: October 19, 2019, 01:14:34 PM »
It was all a scam. I would be pissed if I bought NLCS tickets and then locked out. Misleading advertising.

My wife was mad at me for getting our tickets for Game 4 of the NLCS through craigslist rather than the Nationals website, because of the WS ticket sale.

I am glad I just got them on craigslist. Way better seats than what the Nats were offering for that game and for the same price. We won that game and saw the Nats made history in person :)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #205: October 19, 2019, 01:17:20 PM »
I think the Nats are totally greedy, but I can’t fault them for holding the bulk of tickets for season ticket holders. When I tried to get partners,  People have told me many times it’s dumb to do season tickets because it’s cheaper to pick up games on secondary market. Some of the same folks are hitting me up for tickets.

Postseason tickets are one of the only real ways they have to attract season plan holders.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #206: October 19, 2019, 02:00:01 PM »
I think the Nats are totally greedy, but I can’t fault them for holding the bulk of tickets for season ticket holders. When I tried to get partners,  People have told me many times it’s dumb to do season tickets because it’s cheaper to pick up games on secondary market. Some of the same folks are hitting me up for tickets.

Postseason tickets are one of the only real ways they have to attract season plan holders.

Don’t know if the Nats held the *bulk* of the tickets. And postseason tickets this year were not
that hard to get. Until the World Series.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #207: October 19, 2019, 02:08:35 PM »
Don’t know if the Nats held the *bulk* of the tickets. And postseason tickets this year were not
that hard to get. Until the World Series.
No problem with having the season ticket holders be able to get most of the tickets for the World Series. You guys deserve it. However, it’s another thing to do misleading advertising.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #208: October 19, 2019, 02:28:27 PM »
No problem with having the season ticket holders be able to get most of the tickets for the World Series. You guys deserve it. However, it’s another thing to do misleading advertising.

Yeah, that WS presale for NLCS buyers was a real black eye.

Offline natsarl

« Reply #209: October 19, 2019, 08:57:41 PM »
After 4 years off as a half season holder, I signed up today for half season Club tickets.  And got game 4 & 5 tickets (2 seats) — they only have SRO for game 3.  Got the sense MLB took a ton of inventory.

Offline SharkNats

« Reply #210: October 19, 2019, 11:52:33 PM »
game 5 aftermarket SRO has dropped to $730 (out the door).
over $100 drop since Thursday night.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #211: October 20, 2019, 12:07:08 AM »
game 5 aftermarket SRO has dropped to $730 (out the door).
over $100 drop since Thursday night.
Where?  It’s still over $800 on Stub Hub.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #212: October 20, 2019, 12:15:00 AM »
Regardless, so much money to pay for the privilege of sucking it up on ones feet for four hours.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #213: October 20, 2019, 12:16:24 AM »

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #214: October 20, 2019, 12:19:49 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Those are before the fees. You have to go into filters and click on that. When fees are included it would show it on the front screen. The cheapest with fees is 905 for home game one.

Offline lgl525

« Reply #215: October 20, 2019, 11:20:29 AM »
I went ahead and bought a season plan for next year and got a strip in SEC 240. I am considering selling my tickets to one of the games so I can fund the others and possibly pick up an extra ticket to one of the games I already have. Is there a reasonable way to sell without both parties incurring the stub hub fees?  Stubhub offers good protections but the price is steep on both sides.

Did same thing! Felt easier to stomach somehow.... but man, I have a lot of season tickets now.  :shock: :lol:

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #216: October 20, 2019, 11:44:04 AM »
Did same thing! Felt easier to stomach somehow.... but man, I have a lot of season tickets now.  :shock: :lol:

I know so many people who've signed up for plans next year just to get WS tickets. It should be interesting to see how it affects attendance next year. Some are speculating it means more tickets on the resale market. Probably right to some degree. But those tickets will be snapped up and that still means more attendance. And, yes, we know it counts for attendance whether they show up or not.

Offline SharkNats

« Reply #217: October 20, 2019, 11:57:12 AM »

Go to Tick Picks.
The price they have is the price that includes all tax and fee.
It was $733 out the door yesterday.

Offline SharkNats

« Reply #218: October 20, 2019, 11:59:04 AM »
I know so many people who've signed up for plans next year just to get WS tickets. It should be interesting to see how it affects attendance next year. Some are speculating it means more tickets on the resale market. Probably right to some degree. But those tickets will be snapped up and that still means more attendance. And, yes, we know it counts for attendance whether they show up or not.

I think most of the new season plan holders are only getting tickets to get WS tickets.
So there will be a glut of people trying to unload the tickets next year in order to try and make their money back which will just further deflate prices on the self secondary market.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #219: October 20, 2019, 12:39:57 PM »
Go to Tick Picks.
The price they have is the price that includes all tax and fee.
It was $733 out the door yesterday.
Thanks.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #220: October 20, 2019, 01:46:16 PM »
Now that it definitely isn’t the Yankees, prices are continuing to come down.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #221: October 20, 2019, 01:56:50 PM »
Now that it definitely isn’t the Yankees, prices are continuing to come down.

And if Vegas is right then it won’t be much of a series to watch.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #222: October 20, 2019, 03:22:50 PM »
We showed Vegas where to go last year.
And if Vegas is right then it won’t be much of a series to watch.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #223: October 20, 2019, 03:36:56 PM »
We showed Vegas where to go last year.

Not being a hockey fan made me think about that one for a sec. :lol:

Offline SharkNats

« Reply #224: October 22, 2019, 07:33:48 AM »
Game 5 SRO is down to $667 on tickpicks. (includes all fees)

That's the cheapest I've seen it.