Author Topic: World Series pre-sale link?  (Read 9491 times)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Re: World Series pre-sale link?
« Reply #175: October 18, 2019, 11:25:07 AM »
Nope, and no one is on FB or Twitter crowing about getting tickets, which usually happens with these things.

Saw one person on reddit saying they got some. That’s it.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #176: October 18, 2019, 11:33:27 AM »
Saw one person on reddit saying they got some. That’s it.

And 50% chance he's lying just to impress his friends. :mg:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #177: October 18, 2019, 01:49:45 PM »
And 50% chance he's lying just to impress his friends. :mg:

this is so BiL on a couple of different levels :lmao:

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #178: October 18, 2019, 01:58:11 PM »

this is so BiL on a couple of different levels :lmao:

Dude, you need to get laid or something. Anything to chill you out.  :hysterical:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #180: October 18, 2019, 03:56:02 PM »
https://wtop.com/washington-nationals/2019/10/nats-fans-fume-over-botched-world-series-ticket-presale/

Same description as what happened on the Astros site yesterday. Including the 45 second clock that just keeps refreshing. So assuming they use the same messed up system. Let the buyer beware.

I know some folks earlier today are saying the resale market prices are dropping but I haven’t seen it on Seat Geek or Stub Hub.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #181: October 18, 2019, 04:05:35 PM »
Stubhub noticed me browsing and they actually called me and left a message saying they could give me 5% off.

Offline laundrygal

« Reply #182: October 18, 2019, 04:22:04 PM »
I did not renew my season plan for next year. I just got a mail from the Nats saying if I renew now, I can still get a World Series strip. It gave me a link to the renewal button and said someone would contact me within two business days to set up the strips.

So definitely seems they have some seats left but who knows where they are. And they are going to be holding some through at least next Tuesday COB if they are giving me a 2 business day window to follow up after my renewal.

(I'm not following through on the renewal, just sharing the info because it means they are definitely holding back some inventory, however slim).

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #183: October 18, 2019, 04:28:12 PM »
I did not renew my season plan for next year. I just got a mail from the Nats saying if I renew now, I can still get a World Series strip. It gave me a link to the renewal button and said someone would contact me within two business days to set up the strips.

So definitely seems they have some seats left but who knows where they are. And they are going to be holding some through at least next Tuesday COB if they are giving me a 2 business day window to follow up after my renewal.

(I'm not following through on the renewal, just sharing the info because it means they are definitely holding back some inventory, however slim).

Oh, yeah, they've openly advertised that they are holding back seats for possible renewals and lots of people are taking advantage from what I hear. I suppose some will get released at the last minute but who knows how the inventory will be.

Offline nationals28

« Reply #184: October 18, 2019, 05:45:14 PM »
Oh, yeah, they've openly advertised that they are holding back seats for possible renewals and lots of people are taking advantage from what I hear. I suppose some will get released at the last minute but who knows how the inventory will be.

I nearly invested in a 1-seat $840 half-season plan yesterday, just to be able to get a strip of World Series tickets. I was then told I needed to buy plans for as many seats as I wanted for the World Series, meaning I'd have to buy 2 seats' worth of half-season plans for next year in order to get 2 seats' worth of strips for the World Series. The strip for two seats' worth of all three World Series games was $945 total for both seats. When I asked him to add it all up and tell me how much it would cost in total, he checked the system and concluded they actually didn't have any pairs of two seats together for the World Series at all. In other words, even yesterday they were out of paired World Series seats. The only single seats they had were also in the outfield.

Of the ones they'd carved out for single-game sales, he said all they had left were SRO for the third hoe game. Those are now all gone.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #185: October 18, 2019, 05:47:33 PM »
So I'm going to go out on a limb and say attendance figures will jump next year. :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline miller10

« Reply #186: October 18, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »
So I'm going to go out on a limb and say attendance figures will jump next year. :hysterical: :hysterical:
On the bright side, it will probably flood the after market ticket pool so tickets may be fairly cheap to come by next season.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #187: October 18, 2019, 06:06:56 PM »
On the bright side, it will probably flood the after market ticket pool so tickets may be fairly cheap to come by next season.

I guess some people will buy tickets and not use them and try to resell them. But I suspect those people probably bought the cheapest tickets they could get.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #188: October 18, 2019, 06:19:40 PM »
I nearly invested in a 1-seat $840 half-season plan yesterday, just to be able to get a strip of World Series tickets. I was then told I needed to buy plans for as many seats as I wanted for the World Series, meaning I'd have to buy 2 seats' worth of half-season plans for next year in order to get 2 seats' worth of strips for the World Series. The strip for two seats' worth of all three World Series games was $945 total for both seats. When I asked him to add it all up and tell me how much it would cost in total, he checked the system and concluded they actually didn't have any pairs of two seats together for the World Series at all. In other words, even yesterday they were out of paired World Series seats. The only single seats they had were also in the outfield.

Of the ones they'd carved out for single-game sales, he said all they had left were SRO for the third hoe game. Those are now all gone.

I had a half-season plan for several years but dropped it after the 2018 season.  I thought about getting another plan for next year so I appreciate this info. I definitely think the resale market will be flooded next year. What I’ll do is see how next season goes and I’ll look into 2021 plans right when they go on sale if the playoffs look like a possibility.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189: October 18, 2019, 06:41:30 PM »
Doesn’t actual attendance go up after a big playoff run. I think some of these folks that buy tickets will actually go to games. 

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #190: October 18, 2019, 06:53:25 PM »
Doesn’t actual attendance go up after a big playoff run. I think some of these folks that buy tickets will actually go to games. 

Of course attendance will go up. Everyone loves a winner.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #191: October 18, 2019, 08:51:53 PM »
It even went up in Miami and Tampa. 

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #192: October 19, 2019, 02:17:27 AM »
Of course attendance will go up. Everyone loves a winner.
And vice versa. Isn't that why attendance went down in 2019? It's a lagging indicator, just like the unemployment rate (which will increase months AFTER the next recession hits).

Offline natsarl

« Reply #193: October 19, 2019, 09:28:17 AM »
Friend of mine got 2 tickets in the outfield to Game 4 off the NLCS pre-sale.  $550ish each.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #194: October 19, 2019, 09:46:59 AM »
Friend of mine got 2 tickets in the outfield to Game 4 off the NLCS pre-sale.  $550ish each.
So he's the one that got the two tickets they released.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #195: October 19, 2019, 09:52:12 AM »

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #196: October 19, 2019, 10:36:53 AM »
So he's the one that got the two tickets they released.

Seriously he’s the first I’ve heard of actually getting tickets. Most times people go on line and crow about it.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #197: October 19, 2019, 10:50:46 AM »
I didn’t even register for the Fan Club presale. No chance there’s anything available.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #198: October 19, 2019, 11:00:23 AM »
I didn’t even register for the Fan Club presale. No chance there’s anything available.
Just got the email that I was not selected. Oh well. $375 is too much for SRO. And like you said skeptical anything would be left.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #199: October 19, 2019, 11:02:08 AM »
Nats fans making the news for being ticked off about this

https://wtop.com/washington-nationals/2019/10/nats-fans-fume-over-botched-world-series-ticket-presale/
It was all a scam. I would be pissed if I bought NLCS tickets and then locked out. Misleading advertising.