Author Topic: Congrats  (Read 825 times)

Offline 4everDodgers

Congrats
« Topic Start: October 10, 2019, 01:23:51 PM »
3 years ago, after the 2016 NLDS, I came on this forum to congratulate the Nats and their fans on a great series after we took it. I felt it was only fitting to come back and congratulate you all again. Great series. Hats off to a great fan base and organization. Best of luck the rest of the playoffs...give 'em hell Nats.

Offline miller10

Re: Congrats
« Reply #1: October 10, 2019, 01:48:42 PM »
3 years ago, after the 2016 NLDS, I came on this forum to congratulate the Nats and their fans on a great series after we took it. I felt it was only fitting to come back and congratulate you all again. Great series. Hats off to a great fan base and organization. Best of luck the rest of the playoffs...give 'em hell Nats.
Jesus, between DodgerBlue and 4everDodgers, they may be the nicest opposing fan base on this board.  Both with very classy posts.  I really have nothing against the Dodgers players or their fans (their ownership on the other hand...).

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2: October 10, 2019, 01:52:01 PM »
Jesus, between DodgerBlue and 4everDodgers, they may be the nicest opposing fan base on this board.  Both with very classy posts.  I really have nothing against the Dodgers players or their fans (their ownership on the other hand...).

agreed.  Thanks folks for stopping by.  We don't hate the Dodgers or their fans.  Atlanta and STL on the other hand...

Offline miller10

« Reply #3: October 10, 2019, 01:53:37 PM »
agreed.  Thanks folks for stopping by.  We don't hate the Dodgers or their fans.  Atlanta and STL on the other hand...

... and Philly and the Mets....

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #4: October 10, 2019, 01:55:15 PM »

I haven't liked the Dodgers (team) since they moved to LA.    The Coliseum and Wally Moon used to wear my Bucs out.   I think the only time I overtly "cheered" for an AL team in the World Series was 1959.       I won't even start with Drysdale and Koufax.    How 'bout that Roseboro kerfuffle?      However, I do like late night (ET) baseball in Chavez.    When I drove 'cross country in '88, Chavez Ravine was part of my bucket list.    Unfortunately, the Dodgers were on the road so I settled for SF at SD.

I agree with miller10.    The Dodgers' fans have always been knowledgeable and classy to me.   

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #5: October 10, 2019, 02:00:57 PM »
Lots of Dodgers fans that came to Nats Park were real douches. Good to know there are some classy ones online.

Offline 4everDodgers

« Reply #6: October 10, 2019, 02:15:54 PM »
Lots of Dodgers fans that came to Nats Park were real douches. Good to know there are some classy one online.
Douchey fans are in every fanbase...Nats Park is pretty cool though. Was there 2 seasons ago decked out in Dodger gear...the Nat fans were amazing....few douches but that's to be expected.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #7: October 10, 2019, 02:16:39 PM »
Douchey fans are in every fanbase...Nats Park is pretty cool though. Was there 2 seasons ago decked out in Dodger gear...the Nat fans were amazing....few douches but that's to be expected.

This   ....   

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #8: October 10, 2019, 02:28:39 PM »

Great team you have.  I'm from Louisville and watched a whole lot of Will Smith playing at Jim Patterson Stadium here.  Proud of him and will be rooting for him whenever he isn't facing us.  Thought he had the walk off last night when that left his bat...

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #9: October 10, 2019, 03:04:00 PM »
Lots of Dodgers fans that came to Nats Park were real douches. Good to know there are some classy one online.

The ones in the park out there are pretty decent, the obvious incident aside.  I went to a couple games out there, sitting in the bleachers and having a good time.  Got a lot of questions about the Nats, but no trouble at all (the games weren't against the Nats, so grain of salt there).  I've found Giants fans to be worse in every respect, and all seven Padres fans are also jerks.  Dodgers fans are ok by me. 

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #10: October 10, 2019, 03:28:59 PM »

I was at Citizens bank in Philly for opening day (2008?). I was wearing a Nats hat, and boy did the Philly fans hate us. Nats won a close won, and we had to watch our backs heading to the parking lot!

Offline vernon337

« Reply #11: October 10, 2019, 03:33:38 PM »

Thanks.  Appreciate the class act. 

Through the years I have rooted for the Dodgers and rooted against them, but I will be forever grateful to them for giving me one of the most shocking and gratifying moments as a sports fan -- the Gibson homer off Eckersley.  Still gets me when I watch the video of Vin Scully's call. 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #12: October 10, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »

Through the years I have rooted for the Dodgers and rooted against them, but I will be forever grateful to them for giving me one of the most shocking and gratifying moments as a sports fan -- the Gibson homer off Eckersley.  Still gets me when I watch the video of Vin Scully's call.

Jack Buck's call is the one I remember...

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #13: October 10, 2019, 07:01:23 PM »
Douchey fans are in every fanbase...

Look at some of the posters here.  :mg:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #14: October 10, 2019, 10:22:12 PM »
My thoughts of the Dodgers go back further - to Branch Rickey telling Jackie Robinson he needed someone who had the courage not to fight back - not to fight all the racial slurs and threats he would receive as the 1st MLB black ballplayer.  And how those two really changed our society.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #15: October 10, 2019, 10:24:58 PM »

Sure, douchey fans are in every fanbase. Some fanbases seem to have more than their fair share. The NL East is an example.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16: October 10, 2019, 10:26:16 PM »
My thoughts of the Dodgers go back further - to Branch Rickey telling Jackie Robinson he needed someone who had the courage not to fight back - not to fight all the racial slurs and threats he would receive as the 1st MLB black ballplayer.  And how those two really changed our society.

You remember that? You looked really good for your age...

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #17: October 10, 2019, 10:36:18 PM »
The Dodgers fan next to me on Sunday shared his peanuts. 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #18: October 10, 2019, 10:47:05 PM »
Sean Doolittle’s wife tweets:

“ I want to give a shout out to the Dodgers for their hospitality and kindness. The Dodgers’ significant others left us gift bags, the team gave us a suite with the loveliest most hardworking staff to feed us, and every fan I passed post-game was gracious and congratulatory ”

« Reply #19: October 11, 2019, 06:22:46 AM »
Thanks Clayton Kerchoke.  :mg:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #20: October 11, 2019, 10:37:58 AM »
You remember that? You looked really good for your age...

Mathguy will probably tell you that he used to be black.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #21: October 11, 2019, 10:40:15 AM »
I just assume these are the guys kicked out of the forum for being too nice

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #22: October 11, 2019, 10:44:52 AM »

Mathguy will probably tell you that he used to be black.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #23: October 11, 2019, 10:48:15 AM »
Thanks. Very classy and sportsmanlike. As someone else said we don't hate the Dodgers or their fans. I like to think at least the great majority of Nats fans don't hate LA or it's fans, there might be some bitter exceptions. Some people hold grudges even after compromises (past loses avenged) have been made. What was a major shock of disbelief for Dodgers fans was a very pleasant surprise for Nationals fans (and a sigh of relief from past disappointments)