Author Topic: This One Was For You, Stan K.  (Read 605 times)

Offline van lingle mungo

This One Was For You, Stan K.
« Topic Start: October 10, 2019, 02:29:43 AM »
In the words of Joey Eischen, suck on it and like it.....My utter disdain for you, your team, and the city of LA knows no limits.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Re: This One Was For You, Stan K.
« Reply #1: October 10, 2019, 02:31:58 AM »
Sanity

:clap:

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #2: October 10, 2019, 06:04:07 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline rileyn

« Reply #3: October 10, 2019, 06:41:51 AM »
And Bryce Harper can suck one too, while we are at it!

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #4: October 10, 2019, 07:09:37 AM »

Harper is the embodiment of the Ewing theory - he leaves and the team finally does something

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #5: October 10, 2019, 07:22:01 AM »
Some of the things I remember about Stan and his plan in the early days.  Him going on a Philly radio station appealing to their fans to come on down to Nats Park.  The 2nd thing, I took the fam to Shea to see the Nats and Mets one weekend.  We're walking up a ramp deep in the bowels of Shea and he's walking down the same ramp.  My wife, daughter and I are all decked out in our Nats gear, we somehow are the only ones in the vicinity and he doesn't even acknowledge us as we cross paths. It's not like if he stops to chat with us he'll be bombarded with other fans or looney Mets crazies because no one was near us. He just kept on walking looking straight ahead with a scowl on his face. :crackup:

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #6: October 10, 2019, 08:31:23 AM »
In the words of Joey Eischen, suck on it and like it.....My utter disdain for you, your team, and the city of LA knows no limits.

Joey Eischen, speaker of truth, who once said his favorite cereal was eggs.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #7: October 10, 2019, 08:47:52 AM »
Some of the things I remember about Stan and his plan in the early days.  Him going on a Philly radio station appealing to their fans to come on down to Nats Park.  The 2nd thing, I took the fam to Shea to see the Nats and Mets one weekend.  We're walking up a ramp deep in the bowels of Shea and he's walking down the same ramp.  My wife, daughter and I are all decked out in our Nats gear, we somehow are the only ones in the vicinity and he doesn't even acknowledge us as we cross paths. It's not like if he stops to chat with us he'll be bombarded with other fans or looney Mets crazies because no one was near us. He just kept on walking looking straight ahead with a scowl on his face. :crackup:

I remember seeing him on the RFK concourse one time.  Same deal (brisk walk, aloof demeanor, scowl on his face).  Looked like he couldn't get away from the unwashed masses fast enough.

StanK truly deserves this loss and many more.  Not that he's ever cared about whether or not his teams win or lose...

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #8: October 10, 2019, 09:02:50 AM »
Harper is the embodiment of the Ewing theory - he leaves and the team finally does something
I don't know if the spirit of that theory applies when you have a better, younger version of the star replace him.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #9: October 10, 2019, 09:02:58 AM »
:gunz:

Offline van lingle mungo

« Reply #10: October 10, 2019, 09:37:59 AM »

Who's Bryce Harper???? LOL

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #11: October 10, 2019, 10:29:45 AM »
I had almost forgotten about Stan Kasten.  Almost.

I had also almost forgotten how nice it is to be reminded of the existence of someone I intensely dislike when they experience miserable, embarrassing failure.  Almost.

This is a thread for the ages, for the old-school RFK crowd.  This is a good thread.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #12: October 10, 2019, 10:47:04 AM »
This is a thread for the ages, for the old-school RFK crowd.  This is a good thread.

I wonder what ol' leatherpants is up to these days.  Just kidding, I don't actually care.

Offline van lingle mungo

« Reply #13: October 10, 2019, 10:51:27 AM »
Stan courting Phillies fans was the last straw for me as far as any credibility he may have had was concerned. He and Bowden made a nice pair - a skunk and a drunk.....BTW, I wonder if gumshoe Stan ever got to the bottom of the Dominican money scandal as he had so solemnly vowed to do? I think not..... Good old Stan and his "Plans"...Phase I, Phase II - blah, blah, blah....a walking, talking, load of nonstop BS.

Offline van lingle mungo

« Reply #14: October 10, 2019, 11:00:01 AM »
I wonder what ol' leatherpants is up to these days.

a.k.a. Jimmy Manboobs? Here's a fun read....Clearly, the author is not a fan of his.

http://vendettasportsmedia.com/former-failed-general-manager-jim-bowden-calls-lack-of-league-wide-interest-in-bryce-harper-manny-machado-a-disgrace/