Author Topic: A Thank You to the Nationals  (Read 2283 times)

Offline djbaseball13

Re: A Thank You to the Nationals
« Reply #25: October 09, 2019, 03:53:34 AM »
ImRef - that is an interesting analogy.  I have to say 2005 being the 1st year was a fan special.  and I remember 2012, for it was our last year in DC and we all thought the WS was a lock.  But this year - with The shark, the fan shark root, the HR dance, and the coming back after the 1st 1/3 of the season - it moves Nats fans like none of us have seen before.  In a town where we are all suppose to split into 2 groups and not work with the other heathens, the Nats have merged the heathens into a single community that can have fun despite the political barriers.

Yes the 2005 team was special. They were the real underdogs/overachievers. As it turned out, the July 4th game was the turning point as we lost to the Mets and it went all downhill after that. It was a packed RFK stadium and Kieth Hernandez and Ron Darling got the only cab in sight (about 30 seconds before I tried to flag it down)  Livian hernandez, Jose Vidro, Chad Cordero, Vinny Castillo, etc. Too bad we didn't have Vlad Guerro Sr. here for the fun!