Author Topic: Nationals vs Dodgers, NLDS Game 3  (Read 20185 times)

Offline Traded For Mclain

Re: Nationals vs Dodgers, NLDS Game 3
« Reply #850: October 06, 2019, 11:50:03 PM »
Because people have other lives and watching the Nats lie down isn’t fun.

Yup, modern sports is nothing but light entertainment.  When the movie sucks it’s okay to walk out.  The fans don’t owe these players/teams/owners anything. If the players are going to lay down like this, that’s on them, not the fans.

Offline hohoho

« Reply #851: October 06, 2019, 11:52:20 PM »
Extended hours for ballgames
Great. 20 minutes. What happens if you need to transfer?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #852: October 06, 2019, 11:53:21 PM »
Great. 20 minutes. What happens if you need to transfer?

If you're in the system, you're good.    No entry to stations.    Stadium is the only entry to METRO.      Exit only everywhere else..     But you know there's gonna be malingerers.     I suppose they'll get tossed at the end of the line.

Offline hohoho

« Reply #853: October 06, 2019, 11:54:17 PM »
If you're in the system you're good.    No entry to stations.     Exit only.
Thanks.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #854: October 06, 2019, 11:55:18 PM »
6:40 EDT
Maybe I can catch the beginning in the DFw airport. I have a good feeling about tomorrow. Or is it today?

Offline hohoho

« Reply #855: October 06, 2019, 11:58:20 PM »
Scherzer. Stras. And their ace out of the way. Got em where we want em.  ;)

Offline hohoho

« Reply #856: October 07, 2019, 12:01:23 AM »
Davie says "stand and fight." Like Custer.

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #857: October 07, 2019, 12:08:35 AM »
Maybe taking Sanchez out was a bad idea

2 reasons why it was a bad idea

1. Sanchez was pitching great. Yes, he gave up 1 solo HR, but he was well rested, and still way under 100 pitches
2. Corbin is a starter and not used to coming in relief, so you don't know what you're going to get. AND, he has only had 2 days rest since game 1. He wasn't at full strength, and not as aharp!

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #858: October 07, 2019, 12:10:18 AM »
Corbin.  I’m still shaking my head at how he could not finish dudes off with 2 strikes.  2 outs, runner on 1st, 2 strikes, Frese hits a worm burner right to where a 2nd baseman has been positioned for 120 years.  The rest is history.

Good point:  why move the 2nd baseman so far over?  It cost us big-time!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #859: October 07, 2019, 12:10:38 AM »
2 reasons why it was a bad idea

1. Sanchez was pitching great. Yes, he gave up 1 solo HR, but he was well rested, and still way under 100 pitches
2. Corbin is a starter and not used to coming in relief, so you don't know what you're going to get. AND, he has only had 2 days rest since game 1. He wasn't at full strength, and not as aharp!

Corbin came in to face a line of lefties. Either he or Doolittle were good options

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #860: October 07, 2019, 01:03:02 AM »
Stayed to the end. Amazingly frustrating, and now on the brink. I'm going to offer to teach a baserunning class in the offseason at the Nationals Academy and send the team invites.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #861: October 07, 2019, 01:53:05 AM »
Stayed to the end. Amazingly frustrating, and now on the brink. I'm going to offer to teach a baserunning class in the offseason at the Nationals Academy and send the team invites.
They would miss the invite sign.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #862: October 07, 2019, 06:45:58 AM »

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #863: October 07, 2019, 06:46:30 AM »
I love that people were excited to get to Jansen. Hilarious.

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #864: October 07, 2019, 07:16:45 AM »
This is embarrassing.  Don’t understand why folks buy playoff tickets and don’t stay until the end
My seat companion,who is one of the most optimistic fans ,  turned to me in the sixth and said let's go before Suero came in. I told her before the inning started that I hated the idea of Corbin coming in and said to her they will score runs this inning . Little did I know it would be seven 

Offline Mighty Casey

« Reply #865: October 07, 2019, 08:02:48 AM »
This 'team' continues to demonstrate that they actually practice being bad....everyone wants to be the hero, most wind up the goat. Base running blunders that should have been forgotten while in Little League; ABs that are a joke as situational hitting/base running is an unknown art to these duffers....and managing decisions made via dice rolling or consultation with a Ouija board....yet they continue to brag about themselves along the path of defeat....as pathetic as the Redskins....chokers with a capital 'C'.....legends in their own minds...and why is Michael A Flay-ler occupying space on the bench? When things are bleak, this is who DM turns to? And then scratches his head wondering why they continue to lose? Taylor is patently worthless, has not learned how to hit in spite of having spent beaucoup time in the minors 'working things out'...(like the difference between strikes [pitches near the center of the plate] versus balls [pitches he swings at]...so many of these clowns step up, then eff up....I wonder why it is that the DC area produces so many bad sports teams, save, miraculously, for the Caps? The rest fold quickly under pressure, or when expected to play up to their own self-professed standard of excellence, one that remains elusive for viewing by fans.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #866: October 07, 2019, 08:18:41 AM »
Hey, back in the good old days the actors at the Globe were pelted with lettuce and the audience came and left as it pleased.   
Yup, modern sports is nothing but light entertainment.  When the movie sucks it’s okay to walk out.  The fans don’t owe these players/teams/owners anything. If the players are going to lay down like this, that’s on them, not the fans.

Offline Mighty Casey

« Reply #867: October 07, 2019, 09:23:59 AM »
Agree wholeheartedly...the fans have no responsibility for the performance of overpaid duffers.....maybe bringing and subsequently hurling 5 day old lettuce might get their attention....the main problem, IMHO, is that once these clods sign big fat $$$ contracts, there is little motivation for them to do anything but show up...(and try to show off occasionally)...all other accolades are drowned out by the money....and since the sums paid to these underachievers does not go down, no matter how poorly they perform, why would most give a rat's behind about the outcome?
I think their pay should be performance-based.....each gets a base salary (that is already obscene by most standards - just ask the average teacher!), say $500,000 a year....in order to increase this sum, they must produce...$10-20K for a home run, a certain sum for a decent BA/OPS, stolen bases, sac flies....with the sum reduced for (a) watching three pitches whiz by unmolested by a bat [-$50,000!], -$25K for base running blunders, -$10K for an error....this might result in either better playing or more sent to the minors...