Author Topic: Offseason Changes / Non-Nats Hot Stove (2019-2020)  (Read 5166 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Trey Mancini of the o’s had surgery to remove a malignant tumor from his colon. He’s only 27.  :shock:
you have got to hope that this was picked up on a physical connected to his contract rather than when he started showing signs like bloody stools.  I'm not sure if I even had a test for colon issues (stool sample) before I was 40.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
you have got to hope that this was picked up on a physical connected to his contract rather than when he started showing signs like bloody stools.  I'm not sure if I even had a test for colon issues (stool sample) before I was 40.

The news article I saw said it was picked up in a colonoscopy but at his age he must’ve have some kind of symptoms to warrant such a test.

Online Natsinpwc

Trey Mancini of the o’s had surgery to remove a malignant tumor from his colon. He’s only 27.  :shock:
Very unfortunate. Hope he gets well soon.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Very unfortunate. Hope he gets well soon.

Yeah, that's pretty rough.    Stay in the fight.

Offline imref

• Redemption
Chris Sale heading for TJ

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Chris Sale heading for TJ
well, if you figure the season has a decent chance of not being played, then it is a good move.  Heck, if it is delayed to June, then it is 50+ games or 10 starts fewer than he would have missed otherwise.  But if he had gotten it last August, he might have been around if there are playoffs.

Online bluestreak

well, if you figure the season has a decent chance of not being played, then it is a good move.  Heck, if it is delayed to June, then it is 50+ games or 10 starts fewer than he would have missed otherwise.  But if he had gotten it last August, he might have been around if there are playoffs.

Red Sox aren’t making the playoffs.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Red Sox aren’t making the playoffs.
No one gonna make the playoffs at this rate

Offline UMDNats

Best-case scenario IMO is a half-season of baseball where they expand the playoffs. But I don't think that's likely. Then again, if the country still can't function by July, we have bigger problems.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
https://www.mlb.com/news/fenway-park-redesigned-safety-precautions

this is kind of neat.  Fenway was notorious for cramped clubhouses.  With the park empty, they're using all of the space to create distance between players.   In lieu of the clubhouse, players dress in the suites.  The under the bleacher area and the concession area are now workout areas and used by the trainers.  If you are familiar with Fenway, there are some interesting pictures.  They show Michael Chavis walking into the suite he shares with Alex Verdugo.