Author Topic: 2019 NLDS - Here come the Dodgers!!  (Read 10329 times)

Online Five Banners

Re: 2019 NLDS - Here come the Dodgers!!
« Reply #275: October 10, 2019, 02:13:07 AM »
Plaschke just guaranteed a Dodgers win on the replay of Around the Horn

Offline DodgerBlue

« Reply #276: October 10, 2019, 02:44:01 AM »
Congrats you guys. I’m pulling for you to go all the way. I had a feeling when we got rid of Puig and Kemp that we would lose our fight, and that’s what seemed to happen. That said, the Nats showed fight, and hit really tough pitches (aside from Kershaw laying HR derby style pitches in there). It’s so hard to lose 2 World Series in a row, go to the playoffs as much as we have, and then to lose again. This is a really hard night for LA and all Dodger fans. As heart broken as we are, I will still say kudos to you guys. Enjoy it. Thanks for being classy fans and welcoming me to this board.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #278: October 10, 2019, 06:37:23 AM »
https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2019-10-09/dodgers-playoff-loss-nationals-nlds-mlb

The view from LA ain't pretty.  :hysterical:
You have to love Plaschke. He didn’t even know that Eaton was the first batter Kershaw faced and struck him out. Probably watched at home to avoid the traffic.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #279: October 10, 2019, 07:06:26 AM »
I'm listening to The FAN and they just replayed Dave Jaegler on the Howie GS and then MAT's catch to end the game.  They were freaking awesome! :whip:

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #280: October 10, 2019, 07:07:10 AM »
I'm listening to The FAN and they just replayed Dave Jaegler on the Howie GS and then MAT's catch to end the game.  They were freaking awesome! :whip:
My post in the gameday thread has it on loop

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #281: October 10, 2019, 07:13:18 AM »
The only place the Nats will be raked over the coals if they lose is on WNFF. Every other outlet will say the better team won and commend the Nats on getting out of the hole and salvaging their season.

Huh?  There are going to be both sunshiners and doom legionnaires anywhere there's open discussion of a pro sports team.  Comparing WNFF to actual media outlets instead of other message boards, comment sections, etc. is the wrong way to look at it.  Even then I'm sure there'd be talking heads who played the "another disappointment" angle, it's literally in the script of the format to have them argue with each other.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #282: October 10, 2019, 07:16:11 AM »
The only place the Nats will be raked over the coals if they lose is on WNFF. Every other outlet will say the better team won and commend the Nats on getting out of the hole and salvaging their season.
Honestly, had they lost last night, particularly due to the bullpen, Rizzo would have gotten some heat. Maybe the Lerners for not spending money.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #283: October 10, 2019, 07:20:49 AM »
Gonna go out on a limb and say we’re not here with Roark and Gio.  Bullpens are overrated. It all about the starters. :)

Offline miller10

« Reply #284: October 10, 2019, 07:33:46 AM »
Congrats you guys. I’m pulling for you to go all the way. I had a feeling when we got rid of Puig and Kemp that we would lose our fight, and that’s what seemed to happen. That said, the Nats showed fight, and hit really tough pitches (aside from Kershaw laying HR derby style pitches in there). It’s so hard to lose 2 World Series in a row, go to the playoffs as much as we have, and then to lose again. This is a really hard night for LA and all Dodger fans. As heart broken as we are, I will still say kudos to you guys. Enjoy it. Thanks for being classy fans and welcoming me to this board.

Pretty classy of you.  Honestly, I am not sure why the Dodgers get all the hate they do from anyone on the East coast.  I think I would have rooted for the Dodgers over the Braves/Cardinals had it come to that.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #285: October 10, 2019, 07:47:58 AM »
You guys will be favorites to win the division again next year.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #286: October 10, 2019, 08:01:33 AM »
Can't agree there - without the bullpen improvements at trade deadline, the Nats don't make the playoffs.  In a short series, starters can become relievers.  But over 162 games, end of the game pitching is very important.

Gonna go out on a limb and say we’re not here with Roark and Gio.  Bullpens are overrated. It all about the starters. :)

Online imref

« Reply #287: October 10, 2019, 08:25:49 AM »
Can't agree there - without the bullpen improvements at trade deadline, the Nats don't make the playoffs.  In a short series, starters can become relievers.  But over 162 games, end of the game pitching is very important.

yeah, I'm kidding.  Adding Hudson at the deadline was critical, especially given Doolittle's implosion.

Offline blue911

« Reply #288: October 10, 2019, 08:31:42 AM »
Dodgers hitting disappeared after the second inning. Dave Roberts channeled his inner Showalter. And Martinez stayed on script.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #289: October 10, 2019, 08:47:06 AM »

Can't imagine that the Cardinal fan who comes here for the NLCS will be anywhere near as nice as you.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #290: October 10, 2019, 09:23:04 AM »
Is Howie Kendrick going to become part of Dodger canon? Will he be their Pete Kozma?

He hit only the second extra inning grand slam in postseason history.

Offline vicki4471

« Reply #291: October 10, 2019, 09:29:32 AM »
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Howie badly needed that moment. I'm so happy our Vets are having playoff moments..

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #292: October 10, 2019, 09:36:05 AM »
Is Howie Kendrick going to become part of Dodger canon? Will he be their Pete Kozma?

He hit only the second extra inning grand slam in postseason history.

Who hit the other one?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #293: October 10, 2019, 09:43:38 AM »
Who hit the other one?

Nelson Cruz for Texas in 2011 vs the Tigers. That one killed me. Glad to be on the other side of this one.

Offline zoom

« Reply #294: October 10, 2019, 12:52:12 PM »
The fact that those that played huge roles in the end, to seal it, was icing on the cake.  Kendrick and the errors in the series, Doo making a complete cycle from closer to broken to CLOSER.  MAT making the final catch and Corbin providing a HUGE performance in relief.   Couldn't have scripted it better, IMO.

Online imref

« Reply #295: October 10, 2019, 01:16:16 PM »
Doolittle in three appearances went 3.1 innings, walked none and only gave up the one solo shot.  He’s a stud again.

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #296: October 10, 2019, 01:19:40 PM »

Stay classy!  As I've mentioned, I was a Dodger fan as a boy before moving to the DC area. I had no real home team until the Nats in 2005. When the Nats came from Montreal, they essentially started over. It seemed like most of the Expos players left after 3-4 years anyway. Starting in 2008 with the new stadium, and then drafting Strasburg really boosted the team to where they are now. Zimmerman, Rendon, & Strasburg have been through the bad years too. I hope you watch the NLCS, it should be great baseball!

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #297: October 10, 2019, 01:23:32 PM »
One thing that has been mentioned but I want to reiterate: there have been multiple games where Nats pitchers have been roughed up early. But then pitch well enough to keep the team close enough for a comeback. I think in years past the Nats have had pitchers that would fall apart after giving up homers. I think this is a big difference in this year’s team.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #298: October 10, 2019, 01:25:32 PM »
One thing that has been mentioned but I want to reiterate: there have been multiple games where Nats pitchers have been roughed up early. But then pitch well enough to keep the team close enough for a comeback. I think in years past the Nats have had pitchers that would fall apart after giving up homers. I think this is a big difference in this year’s team.

Menhart visits

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #299: October 10, 2019, 01:27:07 PM »
Doolittle in three appearances went 3.1 innings, walked none and only gave up the one solo shot.  He’s a stud again.
He hit 96 last night too.  That's about back where he was earlier in the season isn't it?

Having Doolittle back sure made it a lot easier to go to Hudson in the 9th and avoided the age old controversy of whether to use your closer on the road tied in the 9th.