Author Topic: 2019 NLDS - Here come the Dodgers!!  (Read 10405 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: 2019 NLDS - Here come the Dodgers!!
« Reply #150: October 05, 2019, 01:31:03 AM »
Per Nats Xtra: Probability of winning the division series, if you lose the first game, but win the second game...

Offline DodgerBlue

« Reply #151: October 05, 2019, 01:32:19 AM »
Hey everyone--I didn't post earlier today because I didn't want to be "that guy" that posted after a win.

Now that the series is tied 1-1, I'll go ahead and post my thoughts.

1. I saw earlier, someone said "outside of LA, everyone hates the Dodgers".  Well, I live in Washington State, and I can tell you Mariners fans are all pulling for LA this year.  Yes, most fans of the NL hate the Dodgers, but at least here in Washington, everyone is pulling for LA---mostly out of pity as this team has lost the last two, and the story would be good.  That, and they like the fact that this team is comprised of homegrown prospects and discarded free agents.

2. I think the Nats are going to win this series.  The Dodgers have no energy, don't seem to really care--when they do something good, they don't get that excited, and when they do something bad, they don't seem to be upset.  This kind of energy/attitude is very different than previous years.  They just seem tired and over it--which as a fan is infuriating. 

3. Your starters are really something.  They have played lights out.  I said before the series that this series will come down to whether your starters go deep or not.  They are going deep, and that spells trouble for us. 

All that said, my hope is the Dodgers players see this as a wake up call to get into this series.  If they don't, this series ends on Monday.  If they wake up and show that they care, then the Dodgers have a shot at a game 5 in LA. 

Congratulations on tonight, and enjoy the win--you guys look like the better team at this point.  Fun series so far

Offline DodgerBlue

« Reply #152: October 05, 2019, 01:34:46 AM »
Per Nats Xtra: Probability of wining the division series, if you lose the first game, but win the second game...

(Image removed from quote.)

It should be much higher.  I think Nats are more around 80% to win. 

Offline dracnal

« Reply #153: October 05, 2019, 01:57:45 AM »
If you ignore the first 43 games of the season, the Nats and Dodgers have an identical number of wins and losses. Overcoming a hole of 19 and 34 to get the third best record means the Nats have got a pretty good amount of fight in them.  Bu their bullpen sucks. The postseason run for both teams will be who's starters can go deeper. Both our bullpens suck. Whichever team gets four runs by the sixth will almost certainly win that game.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #154: October 05, 2019, 09:20:23 AM »
Hey everyone--I didn't post earlier today because I didn't want to be "that guy" that posted after a win.

1. I saw earlier, someone said "outside of LA, everyone hates the Dodgers".  Well, I live in Washington State, and I can tell you Mariners fans are all pulling for LA this year.  Yes, most fans of the NL hate the Dodgers, but at least here in Washington, everyone is pulling for LA---mostly out of pity as this team has lost the last two, and the story would be good.  That, and they like the fact that this team is comprised of homegrown prospects and discarded free agents.

2. I think the Nats are going to win this series.  The Dodgers have no energy, don't seem to really care--when they do something good, they don't get that excited, and when they do something bad, they don't seem to be upset.  This kind of energy/attitude is very different than previous years.  They just seem tired and over it--which as a fan is infuriating. 

3. Your starters are really something.  They have played lights out.  I said before the series that this series will come down to whether your starters go deep or not.  They are going deep, and that spells trouble for us. 

All that said, my hope is the Dodgers players see this as a wake up call to get into this series.  If they don't, this series ends on Monday.  If they wake up and show that they care, then the Dodgers have a shot at a game 5 in LA. 

Congratulations on tonight, and enjoy the win--you guys look like the better team at this point.  Fun series so far

What’s with the wave at critical times during the game?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #155: October 05, 2019, 09:43:04 AM »

And the beach ball that always ends up bouncing on the field. :rofl:

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #156: October 05, 2019, 09:47:38 AM »

Seriously, the Dodgers are a juggernaut. If they lose, it would be a huge upset.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157: October 05, 2019, 10:08:50 AM »
FanGraphs and 538 both have the Nats at ~45% to win this series.

Offline DodgerBlue

« Reply #158: October 05, 2019, 11:48:19 AM »

Much of the crowd that shows up to a playoff game at Dodger Stadium is different than the crowd that comes during the regular season.  The regular season fans, are the real fans--they just can't afford the higher priced tickets.  So, a lot of the dumb stuff coming from the fans is coming from people who are there for some fun and aren't really that invested in the outcome.  The beach ball thing though--that's been around forever at dodger stadium. 

Offline DodgerBlue

« Reply #159: October 05, 2019, 11:51:24 AM »
FanGraphs and 538 both have the Nats at ~45% to win this series.

I think if the Dodgers were playing with passion and excitement, then I could see that.  My hope is that last night shook this team.  I think everyone was just expecting the team to steamroll into the WS, but that's not going to happen.  They need to wake up and start showing some effort, because if they don't, this series is over in 4.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #160: October 05, 2019, 12:07:49 PM »
1. I saw earlier, someone said "outside of LA, everyone hates the Dodgers". Well, I live in Washington State...   
Correction -- I said "outside of Los Angeles, everyone hates the freakin' Dodgers". 

Note: the last time I was in the state of Washington (1995), I received a hefty fine for fishing w/o a license in a wilderness area.  It was more like a shakedown.  I refused to be shaken down, so I was considered a fugitive until the statute of limitations ran out.  The entire state of Washington can kiss my bony white ass.

Offline Dschmiel

« Reply #161: October 05, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »
Replay of last night’s game is on MLB Network right now

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #162: October 05, 2019, 12:27:35 PM »
Replay of last night’s game is on MLB Network right now
I .... I cant handle that right now

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #164: October 05, 2019, 01:23:48 PM »
Monday first pitch is at 6:40.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #165: October 05, 2019, 02:31:04 PM »
was there any mention of the shot of Strasburg in the dugout when he seemed to be arguing with someone?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #166: October 05, 2019, 02:51:40 PM »
was there any mention of the shot of Strasburg in the dugout when he seemed to be arguing with someone?

Strasburg was pissed off because someone was posting on the Internet that he had a perfect game going, jinxing him into blowing it.
 :rimshot:     :rant:

Online Slateman

« Reply #167: October 05, 2019, 03:49:00 PM »

Offline tenken627

« Reply #168: October 05, 2019, 04:25:13 PM »
So MLB Network is pushing the idea of having Corbin be our starter that comes out of the pen. Not in a spot here or there, but as an everyday reliever.

Reason being is that:

• We need Stras and Max as starters that need to go as deep as possible everytime they start.
  • Corbin helps in that our lefties presence out of the pen is almost nonexistent.
  • Annibal is a fine starter who can start and you can win with him.
  • Corbin coming out every game for an inning or two would be terrifying.
  • It worked for the Boston last year to have their 3/4 starter turned into reliever with Eovaldi as they won a championship.

Game 3 Max
Game 4 Annibal
Game 5 (if necessary) Strasburg

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #169: October 05, 2019, 04:41:39 PM »

• Corbin coming out every game for an inning or two would be terrifying.

terrifying for which team? :stir:

Offline tenken627

« Reply #170: October 05, 2019, 04:44:24 PM »

terrifying for which team? :stir:

Touche lol

Offline DodgerBlue

« Reply #171: October 06, 2019, 08:45:18 PM »
My last post on here. The series is over. Congrats to the Nats. Passion and fight beats talent every time at this point on the season. This Dodger team for some reason hasn’t shown either, and that’s their downfall. This was my worry when we got rid of Puig. Passion is contagious. He carried this team the last few years with his energy. This team has no leader. Your team has shown wonderful leadership and passion—beginning with Max.

Online Slateman

« Reply #172: October 06, 2019, 08:50:32 PM »
My last post on here. The series is over. Congrats to the Nats. Passion and fight beats talent every time at this point on the season. This Dodger team for some reason hasn’t shown either, and that’s their downfall. This was my worry when we got rid of Puig. Passion is contagious. He carried this team the last few years with his energy. This team has no leader. Your team has shown wonderful leadership and passion—beginning with Max.

Lol, you clearly haven't followed the Nats over the last decade

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #173: October 06, 2019, 09:16:35 PM »
With that type of overreaction you fit right in here.

Online Slateman

« Reply #174: October 06, 2019, 09:52:10 PM »
Hopefully DodgerBlue can explain to us what it's like to have clutch hitting