Author Topic: Wild Card - Getting Ready for the Brewers  (Read 3118 times)

Offline vicki4471

Re: Wild Card - Getting Ready for the Brewers
« Reply #175: October 01, 2019, 11:42:09 AM »
I'm excited but a nervous wreck. If it is going to happen any year for us, it seems like it would be this year. Crawling back from 19-31 to a 93 win season. Its an amazing story, but the eternal pessimist in me is thinking about whats coming if we do win tonight. Sort of sucks the wind right out of my sails.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #176: October 01, 2019, 11:44:52 AM »
Do you expect a team manager to express his doubts and the shortcomings of his players in a presser?

Yeah, Davey is somewhat hypocritical with this. He says all year that he trusts his bullpen, and then he says that he will use starters in relief. We'll have to wait and see. He should have come out and said that the bullpen sucks (I'd even be happy with a PC comment like " the bullpen needs improvement" or "we're going to use our starters to bolster the bullpen" ).  Also, I hope that Max brings it big-time and Davey will leave him in!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #177: October 01, 2019, 11:53:15 AM »
I’m super excited and will be at the park.

Same here. Can't wait!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #178: October 01, 2019, 11:54:22 AM »
Yeah, that was it. The worst part was how the Cards stole the game because Molina was getting all kind of calls behind the plate and we didn't get any because they were the defending champs. That's also when I decided I wanted humans to be replaced by robo umps. They cost the Nats that game and that series and God knows what else.

The home plate ump was Alfonso Marquez. He's on the NLDS umpiring crew again this year for the Wild Card Winner vs. Dodgers series so we'll see him again if (WHEN) we advance :stir:

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #179: October 01, 2019, 12:04:23 PM »
If only he would have probably called one of those strikes for Storen that would have ended the game.   I wonder how different the team would look now, how differently Storen's career would have gone, who would be our manager..

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #180: October 01, 2019, 12:12:34 PM »
MATT ADAMS MADE THE freakING PLAYOFF ROSTER!?!!?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #181: October 01, 2019, 12:22:20 PM »
Can we stop talking about that cursed game??? Positive vibes today people! :judge: 

Offline Slateman

« Reply #182: October 01, 2019, 12:26:45 PM »
Are any of the Caps players coming to swing bats in Nats jerseys?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #183: October 01, 2019, 12:30:15 PM »
So, 9 pitchers...

Plus Parra and Dozier...  ;)

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #184: October 01, 2019, 12:36:11 PM »
Yeah, Davey is somewhat hypocritical with this. He says all year that he trusts his bullpen, and then he says that he will use starters in relief. We'll have to wait and see. He should have come out and said that the bullpen sucks (I'd even be happy with a PC comment like " the bullpen needs improvement" or "we're going to use our starters to bolster the bullpen" ).  Also, I hope that Max brings it big-time and Davey will leave him in!
It’s just one game. What is he going to do and throw his crappy BP under the bus during the regular season?  One of the reasons that the team didn’t fold was the consistent support of DM.

Offline Scrapple

« Reply #185: October 01, 2019, 12:40:52 PM »
If only he would have probably called one of those strikes for Storen that would have ended the game.   I wonder how different the team would look now, how differently Storen's career would have gone, who would be our manager..
Very true. Sadly, Storen  took 95% of the blame for that loss even though Gio Gonzalez was the real culprit for making the wheels come off the wagon. Another reason to want to beat the hell out of the Brewers - Gio.  :devil:

Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats!

Offline Slateman

« Reply #186: October 01, 2019, 12:47:49 PM »
Maybe. But there were at least two pitches to Werth the night before that should have been strike three.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #187: October 01, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »
Gio did not make the Brewers roster for the WC game.

Offline tswphoto

• Sitting out the wave.
« Reply #188: October 01, 2019, 12:53:59 PM »
Gio did not make the Brewers roster for the WC game.

He pitched Sunday.  And he's not exactly the guy for a pressure situation. 

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #189: October 01, 2019, 01:12:49 PM »
I heard the trains will be running late. That should not be a question in the nations capital but it is.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #190: October 01, 2019, 01:17:01 PM »
Or not running as they sit in smoke-filled tunnels as the case may be, but yeah, late.   
I heard the trains will be running late. That should not be a question in the nations capital but it is.

Online rbw5t

« Reply #191: October 01, 2019, 01:21:51 PM »
Maybe. But there were at least two pitches to Werth the night before that should have been strike three.

That’s not the way I remember it, although o was there and maybe it’s a bit fuzzy now. Got down quick 0-2, took two easy balls, not close, fouled off about 100 pitches. Then took one that might been close (?) to make it 3-2, then hit the walk off. So I’m at at most one potentially missed called strike.

But, don’t we have better stuff to talk about today than 2012?!

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #192: October 01, 2019, 01:31:32 PM »

Now you’re just trolling. To say they *should* have been strikes is a stretch.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #193: October 01, 2019, 01:33:48 PM »
Guys, we can live in the past, or we accept that it's

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #194: October 01, 2019, 01:35:51 PM »
Now you’re just trolling. To say they *should* have been strikes is a stretch.

He's really ramped up his trolling game today. We all get excited in our own way.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #195: October 01, 2019, 01:42:27 PM »
I hear you. After the 2012 Game 5 loss, I was depressed for days. Seriously. I decided that was never going to happen again.

It's just a game, though I'm as emotionally invested as anyone. My lasting memory after the Game 5 loss is walking out the stadium and seeing grown people actually crying after the game. it was that much of a gutpunch.
Rarely do BiL and I agree on anything but I suffered the same sentiments and posted days later that I could not visit the forum for days because I was too upset.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #196: October 01, 2019, 01:53:16 PM »
That’s not the way I remember it, although o was there and maybe it’s a bit fuzzy now. Got down quick 0-2, took two easy balls, not close, fouled off about 100 pitches. Then took one that might been close (?) to make it 3-2, then hit the walk off. So I’m at at most one potentially missed called strike.

But, don’t we have better stuff to talk about today than 2012?!
Well there was that Big BB circus during the 2007 season that was ended with a pitch by Mike Bacsik...

Offline Slateman

« Reply #197: October 01, 2019, 02:02:30 PM »
Or not running as they sit in smoke-filled tunnels as the case may be, but yeah, late.   

#dothelittlethings

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #198: October 01, 2019, 02:08:12 PM »
Are any of the Caps players coming to swing bats in Nats jerseys?

They are in St. Louis for a game tomorrow...

Offline miller10

« Reply #199: October 01, 2019, 02:34:04 PM »
Getting this back on track (sorry, my fault)...

LETS GO NATS!!!!!!!!