Author Topic: Playoff Ticket Sales & Metro Situation  (Read 6576 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Playoff Ticket Sales
« Reply #25: September 29, 2019, 07:03:02 PM »
Parking is unavailable on most of the sites and outrageously overpriced on Stubhub. From about an hour ago:

@Spothero: Unfortunately we don't have information available about event parking for the Nats Wild Card game at this time. We will update listings as soon as possible. Please feel free to reach out to us at support@spothero.com with any questions!

Spothero is the biggest of the parking sites and they have not yet listed any passes for Tuesday. Meanwhile a number of fans are reporting that they have purchased Spothero passes by selecting the date and time instead of the event. My expectation is that Spothero is preparing to cancel all of the already purchased passes and is working with the sites to set price levels. They won't be cheap but at least they will be available.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #26: September 29, 2019, 08:57:07 PM »
Parking is unavailable on most of the sites and outrageously overpriced on Stubhub. From about an hour ago:

Spothero is the biggest of the parking sites and they have not yet listed any passes for Tuesday. Meanwhile a number of fans are reporting that they have purchased Spothero passes by selecting the date and time instead of the event. My expectation is that Spothero is preparing to cancel all of the already purchased passes and is working with the sites to set price levels. They won't be cheap but at least they will be available.

None of Spothero, Parking Panda or Parkwhiz have parking listed yet for the event.  PP said the time hasn't been set. 

This is good news for us procrastinators, there will be a flood of tickets available perhaps tomorrow morning, just check back frequently and get a lot of choice.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #27: September 29, 2019, 09:06:55 PM »
None of Spothero, Parking Panda or Parkwhiz have parking listed yet for the event.  PP said the time hasn't been set. 

This is good news for us procrastinators, there will be a flood of tickets available perhaps tomorrow morning, just check back frequently and get a lot of choice.

Parking Panda had passes that sold out, I think that Parkwhiz did too. But I would not be surprised if they don't cancel the pass that I bought in order to resell it at a higher price. That's the one downside to these parking sites.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #28: September 29, 2019, 09:10:09 PM »
Parking Panda had passes that sold out, I think that Parkwhiz did too. But I would not be surprised if they don't cancel the pass that I bought in order to resell it at a higher price. That's the one downside to these parking sites.

Maybe just local lots open everyday, I bet most, if not all of the Nats game specific lots will open for sale by 9 am.  Taking the missus so going to have to spring for premium.    :money:

Spothero didn't even have the "event" listed yet.

Offline WanderSoto

« Reply #29: September 30, 2019, 10:06:58 AM »
Spot Hero has the Yards lot next to the stadium up for $50 ....just popped up in the last half hour. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #30: September 30, 2019, 02:38:40 PM »
Metro just announced they won't stay open late. No word yet on whether they'll allow the team to find a sponsor to pay for it.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Playoff Ticket Sales & Metro Situation
« Reply #31: September 30, 2019, 03:02:22 PM »
:lmao: freaking DC

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #32: September 30, 2019, 03:03:35 PM »
Metro just announced they won't stay open late. No word yet on whether they'll allow the team to find a sponsor to pay for it.

So much fail

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #33: September 30, 2019, 03:17:38 PM »
At least they’re adequate garage space- oh the stadium was designed with metro use expected and there isn’t

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #34: September 30, 2019, 03:24:24 PM »
Spot Hero has the Yards lot next to the stadium up for $50 ....just popped up in the last half hour. 

Parking next to the soccer stadium is $25. Walk is not too bad.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #35: September 30, 2019, 03:53:12 PM »

Thanks - I didn't see that one earlier. I hate paying a lot of money for parking so that might be the one I use. freak Metro for not staying open late.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #36: September 30, 2019, 03:58:07 PM »

I parked there for opening day 2018, never again for a crowded game, we were the last cars out, good thing we had our tailgate supplies left because it took two hours.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #37: September 30, 2019, 04:01:13 PM »
I parked there for opening day 2018, never again for a crowded game, we were the last cars out, good thing we had our tailgate supplies left because it took two hours.

I used to park in that area all the time but not so much after the soccer stadium went up. Sometimes getting out was quick and easy and other times, like you mentioned, it was awful.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #38: September 30, 2019, 04:11:00 PM »
I used to park in that area all the time but not so much after the soccer stadium went up. Sometimes getting out was quick and easy and other times, like you mentioned, it was awful.

It's fine for a regular game but that might be the worst possible spot for a sell out. I picked the lot by the old church so I can get right on South Cap.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #39: September 30, 2019, 04:14:01 PM »
EDIT:

If you read it closely, it says they are prepared to open only one hour late, not as long as the games go on.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #40: September 30, 2019, 04:15:40 PM »

There was a lot of construction there in previous years. Has anyone parked there for a sellout this year, like Opening Day?

The problem when there was construction is you could not take a right out of the lot (toward Audi Field) and they routed you to the left and you got stuck. I'm assuming they will now let you out and go right now?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #41: September 30, 2019, 04:15:48 PM »
Well, that is unexpected  :clap:

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #42: September 30, 2019, 04:15:49 PM »
:clap:

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #43: September 30, 2019, 04:16:36 PM »
Cheapest seats are around $80-85 on stub hub.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #44: September 30, 2019, 04:23:35 PM »
Well, that is unexpected  :clap:

Thanks to the Mystics.

• babble on
« Reply #45: September 30, 2019, 04:25:00 PM »
Whatever it takes!  Go Mystics!
Thanks to the Mystics.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #46: September 30, 2019, 04:48:57 PM »
So of the mystics have a late game they will stay open, but not for 20-30K Nats fans :roll:

Such a crap city

• babble on
« Reply #47: September 30, 2019, 04:50:30 PM »
 :hysterical:
So of the mystics have a late game they will stay open, but not for 20-30K Nats fans :roll:

Such a crap city

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #48: September 30, 2019, 08:32:36 PM »

Well I was wrong, I was betting Spothero would unleash a flood of spaces in all their usual places, like the Skyline hotel for example, but nothing.  They had literally 1 space available when searching based on the game event.  I changed my query to a time range in the area and found a mispriced single space left - a block and a half up Half St from the park for $22. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #49: September 30, 2019, 08:46:44 PM »
Well I was wrong, I was betting Spothero would unleash a flood of spaces in all their usual places, like the Skyline hotel for example, but nothing.  They had literally 1 space available when searching based on the game event.  I changed my query to a time range in the area and found a mispriced single space left - a block and a half up Half St from the park for $22. 

I'm sure there will be cash lots and spots open, just show up before six.