Author Topic: Nationals eliminate Bryce from the Post Season and celebrate in front of him  (Read 6159 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
those red  sox fans try to play it both ways - they get to be jerks then they try looking human by apologizing.  Clever.

Don't worry. He's not looking human, much less clever. Far from it.

Offline Baseball is Life

Harper starting in RF today. This could be very interesting.

Offline HalfSmokes

Wow, Mrs. Harper is doubling down on Twitter. Somebody in Phillies PR please get a hold of her and tell her to stop. She is not doing Bryce any good.

(Image removed from quote.)

I wonder how many cities will start chanting Krew has autism at him now (including philly if he has a bad year)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Why is she accepting DMs from people on twitter who she doesn't follow? I mean, it's just a setting for heaven's sake.

Because the messages could be positive praise and she can't risk missing out on those. Also, they probably believe their crap doesn't stink and never thought this could happen.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Because the messages could be positive praise and she can't risk missing out on those. Also, they probably believe their crap doesn't stink and never thought this could happen.

What's a DM?     :old:

Offline HalfSmokes

If the Mets are ever good enough to revive that rivalry, their fans are going to have a great time harassing the harpers knowing they actually care

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
What's a DM?     :old:

Direct Message (if that was a real question).

Offline mitlen

Direct Message (if that was a real question).

Of course it was.   I would have no way/reason to know that.     Thanks spider.   

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
1) it’s stupid to engage. There are thousands of fans at the park. There are always going to be a few who act like jerks. They don’t represent the whole fan base. And it’s disingenuous to act like they do.

2)This was not making fun of his kid. “Your kid is disappointed in you” is not an insult to the child. No reasonable person would think that. But then again this is the Harpers here. The fact that Bryce Harper, in fact, has a child is not off limits. I can think of many comments about someone’s kid that cross a line. This is a throwaway comment.

3) I don’t like the booing, but as I posted before I get it.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Of course it was.   I would have no way/reason to know that.     Thanks spider.   

You beat me to the question. :old:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Aren’t there DM’s on WNFF?

Offline mitlen

Aren’t there DM’s on WNFF?

May be but I never recognized 'em as "DM"s.    I usually look for "message".      I've seen "PM".

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
May be but I never recognized 'em as "DM"s.    I usually look for "message".      I've seen "PM".

You’re right. PM is the terminology here.

Carry on.  ;)

Offline mitlen

You’re right. PM is the terminology here.

Carry on.  ;)

I'll be in the area all day.     :)

Offline nfotiu

I think all of our children would be disappointed in us if they read this forum.   And I don't even have to put that in a PM.

Offline mitlen

I think all of our children would be disappointed in us if they read this forum.   And I don't even have to put that in a PM.

My son's still amused that I don't turn on my cellphone.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
My son's still amused that I don't turn on my cellphone.

I could use some help copying and pasting with an iPad. :)

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

I agree that insulting a player's family is out of bounds. But there are lots of jerks out there who don't follow the rules of decent society. If you are a public figure (and particularly one who enjoys playing the villain) then you should realize that that if you engage the crazies then that just makes it worse. In other words, what kind of a reaction do you think Harper will get if he plays today?

Ok, easy for us to say.  Have you ever had people yelling awful things about your family to you?  Not like he's reading tweets.  You literally can't ignore it.  Now, I don't know what was said.  Maybe it was nothing that bad, but I'm sure he's heard as bad as you can imagine as have lots of players.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

I like to find a quiet thread and drop a BM.

Offline HalfSmokes

Ok, easy for us to say.  Have you ever had people yelling awful things about your family to you?  Not like he's reading tweets.  You literally can't ignore it.

He chose the profession, being a live entertainer is part of it and part of that is getting taunted

He chose the profession, being a live entertainer is part of it and part of that is getting taunted

How about instead of telling players that they should ignore their families being insulted we point the finger at people who think they're allowed to say things like that because they bought a ticket to a game?  Because players have a WHOLE lot more to lose by reacting, these cowards get awfully brave knowing nothing will happen.  It's pathetic.  If the narrative is just "suck it up," that just enables these people to act like trash. 

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Because she’s making it up...
Really? Is it really that much of a stretch that jerks on twitter would DM her crap about her kid in twitter?

Offline Baseball is Life

Ok, easy for us to say.  Have you ever had people yelling awful things about your family to you?  Not like he's reading tweets.  You literally can't ignore it.  Now, I don't know what was said.  Maybe it was nothing that bad, but I'm sure he's heard as bad as you can imagine as have lots of players.

If I’m a public figure I deal with it. Simple.

If I’m a public figure I deal with it. Simple.

But you aren't.  And you've never had anybody say something nasty about your wife or kids or whatever to you and been told to ignore it.  Simple?  Haha yea easy for you to say. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Really? Is it really that much of a stretch that jerks on twitter would DM her crap about her kid in twitter?

Nah. I just find the whole “I hope your kid has autism” thing very specific. I have no doubt one person said that. I have much doubt that multiple people did.