Author Topic: Nationals @ Cardinals, Game 3  (Read 4246 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Nationals @ Cardinals, Game 3
« Reply #150: September 18, 2019, 07:20:00 PM »

but they didn't score again anyway

It was too late after all that.   It would have been the third out (IIRC).     I think Kingman, er I mean Soto, has come a long way defensively but he still has some head scratching moments.     I keep thinking, "Move him to right."     No particular reason for those thoughts.    :)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #151: September 18, 2019, 07:21:37 PM »
It was too late after all that.   It would have been the third out (IIRC).     I think Kingman, er I mean Soto, has come a long way defensively but he still has some head scratching moments.     I keep thinking, "Move him to right."     No particular reason for those thoughts.    :)

If he's not good in LF he will be much worse in RF.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #152: September 18, 2019, 07:24:14 PM »

If he's not good in LF he will be much worse in RF.

Wasn't there a time when they put the worst fielder in right (other than Clemente  ...   ;))?    I mean to be told you were the right fielder was the kiss of death when I started in baseball.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #153: September 18, 2019, 07:26:24 PM »
He's pretty young. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. As many as he's blown, he's just as many really good plays. (Mind fact.)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #154: September 18, 2019, 07:30:42 PM »
He's pretty young. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. As many as he's blown, he's just as many really good plays. (Mind fact.)

I agree but I'm simply over reacting.     :)      Today's loss was a real bummer.   

Offline spidernat

« Reply #155: September 18, 2019, 08:40:20 PM »
Wasn't there a time when they put the worst fielder in right (other than Clemente  ...   ;))?    I mean to be told you were the right fielder was the kiss of death when I started in baseball.

Yeah that's pretty much the case all the way through Babe Ruth baseball. By the time you reach high school ball that's no longer the case.

I wonder how many former right fielders we have here. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #156: September 18, 2019, 09:10:46 PM »

Yeah that's pretty much the case all the way through Babe Ruth baseball. By the time you reach high school ball that's no longer the case.

I wonder how many former right fielders we have here. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I started at third and moved to second.    I wanted to pitch in whatever they called it after Little League.    The coach let me pitch.         That didn't end my career.    What made me know I wasn't made to play baseball was a bunt attempt around 13 years of age.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #157: September 18, 2019, 09:19:01 PM »
I started at third and move to second.    I wanted to pitch in whatever they called it after Little League.    The coach let me pitch.    :)     That didn't end my career.    What made me know I wasn't made to play baseball was a bunt attempt around 13 years of age.

Max Scherzer?

I played SS.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #158: September 18, 2019, 09:21:28 PM »

Max Scherzer?

I played SS.

SS and CF were usually the athletes.     They helped a third and second baseman out  ....   alot.      :)     Nah, my bunt wasn't Scherzeresque.    It was more a matter of the time it took me to get to first base at 90, instead of 60 feet.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #159: September 18, 2019, 11:00:40 PM »
   It was more a matter of the time it took me to get to first base at 90, instead of 60 feet.

:spit:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #160: September 19, 2019, 09:13:59 AM »
SS and CF were usually the athletes.     They helped a third and second baseman out  ....   alot.      :)     Nah, my bunt wasn't Scherzeresque.    It was more a matter of the time it took me to get to first base at 90, instead of 60 feet.

These days there's a distance in between. I think they play a year or so at 75 feet. Coulda made all the difference for you.