Author Topic: dcfan's trip to the medicare office, other reminiscenses  (Read 1391 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
You're the old one, not me. We ain't gonna get no fancy monuments to our war.

It's early.   

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Statues are just like sprinkles, they’re only for winners.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
So I had the surgery on my torn meniscus yesterday and the doc was pleased with the outcome. Course I don't know if that's because he said I will still be looking at another knee replacement sometime in the future. It's up to me to decide when the pain is too much to deal with as is. I went into the surgery knowing I had the usual knee pain because of the meniscus but I also had a clicking in the knee when I walked because the cartilage is almost gone. Where that crap disappeared to is anyones guess. On the bright side I plan on recuperating for 2 weeks and then I'll go back to work for another 8 days or so and then head off into retirement. :thumbs:

Offline Natsinpwc

So I had the surgery on my torn meniscus yesterday and the doc was pleased with the outcome. Course I don't know if that's because he said I will still be looking at another knee replacement sometime in the future. It's up to me to decide when the pain is too much to deal with as is. I went into the surgery knowing I had the usual knee pain because of the meniscus but I also had a clicking in the knee when I walked because the cartilage is almost gone. Where that crap disappeared to is anyones guess. On the bright side I plan on recuperating for 2 weeks and then I'll go back to work for another 8 days or so and then head off into retirement. :thumbs:
Good luck with the recovery and the retirement. It will be the best job you ever had. Or never had.

I had what I hope to be the last of my eye surgeries last week. No more surgeries until I reach Medicare!

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Good luck with the recovery and the retirement. It will be the best job you ever had. Or never had.

I had what I hope to be the last of my eye surgeries last week. No more surgeries until I reach Medicare!

Thanks!  And whatever everyone else said about Medicare is spot on.  At least you only have to deal with the DMV every couple of years. Medicare is constant.

Offline aspenbubba

Never heard of a surgeon walking out of the OR saying anything but the surgery went well. Your recovery should be quick as the just trim the meniscus. Are you doing PT?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Never heard of a surgeon walking out of the OR saying anything but the surgery went well.

Really? Having surgery doesn’t guarantee a 100% positive outcome. Your response puzzles me. But based on the MRI I had last month the meniscus and cartilage issues were readily identified. Not much he could do about the cartilage but I’ll have to look at alternative remedies instead of knee replacement when that time comes.

Are you doing PT?

I asked about that and he said it wasn’t necessary. He gave me a printout of home exercises to do instead.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Bubba - I know you're cynical, but I had brain surgery once and the surgeon was straight with me

Never heard of a surgeon walking out of the OR saying anything but the surgery went well. Your recovery should be quick as the just trim the meniscus.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
maybe they swiped the cartilage at the same time they stole one of your kidneys on that trip to Mexico a few years ago.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
maybe they swiped the cartilage at the same time they stole one of your kidneys on that trip to Mexico a few years ago.

Tijuana was over 35 years ago and I didn’t even imbibe while there. Came and went in a couple of hours. Kind of a depressing place.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Medicare premium going from $135 to $144 on 1/1. nages. :whip:

Offline Natsinpwc

Your President.  :hysterical:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Gotta fund that billionaire tax cut somehow.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Politics.   :nono:

Offline Dave in Fairfax

Maybe it's old news, but I just found out today that as of January 1, if you are a Veteran Health Identification Card holder, you will get commissary, base exchange and MWR privileges. Now I just wish there was a more convenient VA hospital in the area.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Now I just wish there was a more convenient VA hospital in the area.

NW DC. Easy ride up North Cap St. ;)

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
NW DC. Easy ride up North Cap St. ;)
Have fun dealing with all those crazy ones at that VA hospital.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Have fun dealing with all those crazy ones at that VA hospital.

Not me since I’m not a vet. I just knew where it’s at. ;)

Offline Dave in Fairfax

It's an easy ride up North Capitol St. if you live on North Capitol St. From Virginia, it is a bit annoying, though not the worst. When I lived in New York, getting to the VAMC was a relatively easy cab or subway commute, though maybe not as convenient for the cab driver whose floor I bled all over that one time.