Author Topic: 2020 Schedule  (Read 1915 times)

Offline wj73

Re: Schedule
« Reply #25: January 10, 2020, 12:44:53 PM »
Already planning to go to the May 11 game in Anaheim while visiting the in-laws. Taking my Angel fan MIL to the game as a Mother’s Day present. We asked her if she wanted to go and she was totally up for it. Gotta love her enthusiasm. She’ll be 92.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #26: January 10, 2020, 12:45:36 PM »
:clap:
Already planning to go to the May 11 game in Anaheim while visiting the in-laws. Taking my Angel fan MIL to the game as a Mother’s Day present. We asked her if she wanted to go and she was totally up for it. Gotta love her enthusiasm. She’ll be 92.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #27: January 12, 2020, 08:48:50 AM »

Wow. Good for you and especially good for her. Have a great time.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: 2020 Schedule
« Reply #28: February 27, 2020, 07:30:20 AM »
The ESPN Sunday Night Baseball fixture list as it stands this morning, plus information on whom the Nats are playing on the dates for which ESPN hasn't yet designated a match:

5th April – Giants vs Dodgers
12th April – Cubs vs Cardinals
19th April – Mets vs Brewers
26th April – Braves vs Mets
3rd May – Brewers vs Cardinals
10th May – Yankees vs Red Sox
17th May – Astros vs Yankees
24th May – Red Sox vs Astros
31st May – Mets vs Dodgers
7th June – TBD [currently Nats home to Mets, 13.35]
14th June – Red Sox vs Yankees
21st June – Cubs vs Red Sox
28th June – Yankees vs Cubs
5th July – TBD [currently Nats home to Astros, 13.35]
12th July – TBD [currently Nats home to Phillies, 13.35]
19th July – Cardinals vs Yankees
26th July – Yankees vs Red Sox
2nd August – TBD [currently Nats away to Braves, 13.20; Red Sox-Yankees start time also still TBD]
9th August – TBD [currently Nats away to Orioles, 13.05; Astros-Blue Jays start time also still TBD]
16th August – TBD [currently Nats home to Padres, 13.35]
23rd August – Orioles vs Red Sox
30th August – TBD [currently Nats home to Phillies, 13.35]
6th September – TBD [currently Nats away to Mets, 13.10]
13th September – TBD [currently Nats away to Marlins, 13.10]
20th September – TBD [currently Nats home to Marlins, 13.35]
27th September – TBD [currently Nats home to Phillies, 15.05]

...still a bit odd that the Orioles, coming off back-to-back 100-loss seasons, are getting one SNB date while the defending World Series champions, thus far at least, aren't getting any - I can understand why none of our home fixtures would be picked, with the Metro situation...but we do play a full away schedule like everyone else...

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #29: February 27, 2020, 11:55:47 AM »
I would think the Nats vs Astros would be a given.  I'm perfectly fine with no espn games.  Maybe it will be slightly better with only 2 people doing the game now, but there is nothing worse than watching the commentators talk to themselves and to managers and players while barely acknowledging there is a game going on in the background.   Plus, I much prefer watching games on Sunday afternoon.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #30: February 27, 2020, 01:45:14 PM »
I would think the Nats vs Astros would be a given.  I'm perfectly fine with no espn games.  Maybe it will be slightly better with only 2 people doing the game now, but there is nothing worse than watching the commentators talk to themselves and to managers and players while barely acknowledging their is a game going on in the background.   Plus, I much prefer watching games on Sunday afternoon.
July 5th is after the 11 AM 7/4 game.  I'm guessing they don't want to go through a late game after getting up early the day before, and Astros may want to get away at the end of the series.

I will suspect that, if the season starts well, then we go into the rotation for Sunday games, especially if the NL East is close with either the Phillies or the Mets.  Candidates for broadcast would be most likely road games.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #31: February 27, 2020, 01:47:54 PM »
I would think the Nats vs Astros would be a given.  I'm perfectly fine with no espn games.  Maybe it will be slightly better with only 2 people doing the game now, but there is nothing worse than watching the commentators talk to themselves and to managers and players while barely acknowledging their is a game going on in the background.   Plus, I much prefer watching games on Sunday afternoon.

Agreed on all counts.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #32: February 28, 2020, 12:01:43 PM »
I would think the Nats vs Astros would be a given.  I'm perfectly fine with no espn games.  Maybe it will be slightly better with only 2 people doing the game now, but there is nothing worse than watching the commentators talk to themselves and to managers and players while barely acknowledging there is a game going on in the background.   Plus, I much prefer watching games on Sunday afternoon.

For me it's always Charlie and Dave unless I'm actually in TBSITH watching the match, regardless of the time of day (and I do love being in TBSITH for afternoon matches). I was just looking at the larger issue of which matches ESPN/SNB was picking.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #33: March 11, 2020, 01:48:20 PM »
So I guess our World Series ring ceremony on Opening Day will be in front of an empty stadium.  I feel bad for the team.  First the Astros steal all the headlines, and now Corona.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #34: March 11, 2020, 02:04:47 PM »
So I guess our World Series ring ceremony on Opening Day will be in front of an empty stadium.  I feel bad for the team.  First the Astros steal all the headlines, and now Corona.

I gotta believe they'd postpone the ceremony into April or May.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #35: March 11, 2020, 02:13:49 PM »

I'd be surprised if they play the games at all as scheduled.  NPB has cancelled, Serie A has cancelled, and it's likely to be worse here than either of those places.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #36: March 11, 2020, 04:12:29 PM »
I'd be surprised if they play the games at all as scheduled.  NPB has cancelled, Serie A has cancelled, and it's likely to be worse here than either of those places.
Italy has it worse than the USA. At least so far.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #37: March 11, 2020, 04:36:25 PM »
Italy has it worse than the USA. At least so far.

Italy had it get loose first, we're a couple of weeks behind them

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #38: March 11, 2020, 05:17:30 PM »
Italy had it get loose first, we're a couple of weeks behind them
They also have an even more elderly population.  And los of smokers.  Without seeing any evidence about that, I have to think it hits smokers much worse.  Korea got theirs under control.  We shall see. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #39: March 11, 2020, 05:18:34 PM »
Korea mobilized a very cooperative population very quickly and efficiently - I think we’ll fall somewhere in between - just an uneducated probably tainted by Russian bot posting opinion though

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #40: March 11, 2020, 05:25:24 PM »
Korea mobilized a very cooperative population very quickly and efficiently - I think we’ll fall somewhere in between - just an uneducated probably tainted by Russian bot posting opinion though
The worst thing is all these people who were in that part of China and then came back and didn't take any steps to not spread it or even see if they had it. 

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #41: March 11, 2020, 05:52:11 PM »
They also have an even more elderly population.  And los of smokers.  Without seeing any evidence about that, I have to think it hits smokers much worse.  Korea got theirs under control.  We shall see.

They do, but if the US got even half of what Italy has proportionally, the system would be swamped, and nobody in Italy doesn't have health insurance or sick leave.  Korea got theirs under control by doing a whole lot of things that aren't happening in the US yet, including massive testing.