Author Topic: What’s wrong with this franchise?  (Read 463 times)

Offline Air Desmond

What’s wrong with this franchise?
« Topic Start: August 10, 2019, 11:24:40 PM »
I can’t speak for everybody, but it’s so hard to believe in this franchise. So much talent over the years, yet still haven’t won a playoff series. There’s been a dark cloud over this team since 2012. What can go wrong - will go wrong.

Take Saturday night for example. Soto hits a go ahead homer in the 8th inning. Elation. Then Rodney takes the ball in the bottom half. You feel a pit in your stomach. He promptly serves up a home run to Luis Guillorme (who?). It doesn’t shock you. You’re a Nats fan.

All we can do is pin our hopes to Juan Soto. He’s fearless. He has a winning mindset. Hopefully he can change the culture.

Offline LoveAngelos

Re: What’s wrong with this franchise?
« Reply #1: August 11, 2019, 01:26:22 AM »
The "it" has always been missing. You can tell the Mets were determined to sweep this series and nothing was going to stop them. The Nats? They just show up taking it one game at a time.
This might be the most give the lead back team and one run loss team ever.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #2: August 11, 2019, 12:01:56 PM »
Suck it up. Being a fan is not for the faint of heart.

Honestly, after 2012 I was depressed for weeks. So I decided to put it in perspective. I’m still a huge fan but it’s just a game.

Offline djbaseball13

« Reply #3: August 11, 2019, 01:02:43 PM »
The "it" has always been missing. You can tell the Mets were determined to sweep this series and nothing was going to stop them. The Nats? They just show up taking it one game at a time.
This might be the most give the lead back team and one run loss team ever.

The best team was the 2005 team. Unfortunately, the games after July 4th count too.

Offline Duke of Earl

« Reply #4: August 11, 2019, 02:30:02 PM »
The best team was the 2005 team.
So the 2005 team that won 81 games and ended in last place was the best team, better than the 2012 team that won 98 and the division?