Author Topic: Windmill them in: The Fire Bob Sendley Thread  (Read 5703 times)

Offline Scrapple

Re: Windmill them in: The Fire Bob Sendley Thread
« Reply #25: August 13, 2019, 01:55:58 PM »
On sunday he sent soto around 3rd in the first inning and the only reason he was safe was because ramos dropped the ball. guy is a clown and has horrible judgment. he's gotten real lucky on a number of sends recently and has, at this point, had a major negative effect on a number of games in a crucial stretch. of course he's right more than he's wrong and we don't notice that but when this guy has made boneheaded calls in crucial games routinely i have little to no faith in him as a 3B coach in a playoff game.

when we lose by 1 in the wild card game and SENDLEY sends adams and he gets thrown out, we should focus on the times he was right!
I remember the play but I don’t remember the situation. It raised my eyebrow also.

Not here to defend Henley but let’s say you are the 3B coach and you have also predetermined before the play to send/score Soto from second base on a base hit because he should get a great jump by “going on contact” with two outs. Then the actual play begins with a base hit so you begin to look for Soto to wave him home but quickly notice he got a horses ass jump with two fn outs?!?? Now what??? Send? Don’t send? Now you have to make a quick decision after you predetermined to send-send-send!!! Or is it now send-send-STOP!!! It’s a tough spot to be in - been there done that.

Again, not defending Henley, but our guys sure could make his job a whole helluva lot easier by getting good jumps/breaks on the bases especially with two outs. There is NO EXCUSE for it.