Author Topic: Wild Card watch  (Read 30858 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Wild Card watch
« Reply #25: August 04, 2019, 07:42:07 PM »

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #26: August 04, 2019, 08:10:28 PM »
I'm not worried.  During today's post game presser, lil' d stated the Nats are going to battle and get back on track. 

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #27: August 04, 2019, 08:11:24 PM »
I'm not worried.  During today's post game presser, lil' d stated the Nats are going to battle and get back on track. 

I’m sold. :mg:

Offline rileyn

« Reply #28: August 04, 2019, 08:52:08 PM »
SF is looking to leapfrog us in this series, and we have Fedde, Sanchez, and Ross going for us.  Oh well, after watching Strasburg and Corbin this weekend, maybe we are better off. Max!  Max! Please save us!

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #29: August 04, 2019, 10:06:13 PM »
SF is looking to leapfrog us in this series, and we have Fedde, Sanchez, and Ross going for us.  Oh well, after watching Strasburg and Corbin this weekend, maybe we are better off. Max!  Max! Please save us!
Winning 2 games before the next day off is a necessity.  No excuses.

Offline Scrapple

« Reply #30: August 07, 2019, 09:25:58 AM »
:crackup:

DeGrom, Stroman, Syndergaard.?..?... I’m worried!  :panic: :nervous: :pray: :nervous: :panic:

Let’s go Naaaaaats!!!

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #31: August 07, 2019, 12:56:25 PM »
In the past we've always cruised into the postseason.  Of course you'd prefer to win the division going away, but maybe having to fight the last 112 games of the season to go from 19-31 to a Wild Card could benefit the Nats?  You throw Max in a do or die Wild Card game, then get a Dodgers team that has been on cruise control.  You throw Stras, Corbin, and Max again against them and maybe you catch them not hitting on all cylinders?  Sometimes you can't just hit a switch and turn the intensity and focus all the way back on, and the Dodgers will need to do that while the Nats have won't have to. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #32: August 07, 2019, 01:06:53 PM »
In the past we've always cruised into the postseason.  Of course you'd prefer to win the division going away, but maybe having to fight the last 112 games of the season to go from 19-31 to a Wild Card could benefit the Nats?  You throw Max in a do or die Wild Card game, then get a Dodgers team that has been on cruise control.  You throw Stras, Corbin, and Max again against them and maybe you catch them not hitting on all cylinders?  Sometimes you can't just hit a switch and turn the intensity and focus all the way back on, and the Dodgers will need to do that while the Nats have won't have to. 

Max is back?

« Reply #33: August 07, 2019, 01:14:00 PM »
Max is back?

What does this add to the discussion?  We both know he's on the IL currently.  Expectations are that he is returning.  Quit playing dumb and just say he isn't coming back if that's your medical opinion. 

Online Slateman

« Reply #34: August 07, 2019, 01:38:41 PM »
What does this add to the discussion?  We both know he's on the IL currently.  Expectations are that he is returning.  Quit playing dumb and just say he isn't coming back if that's your medical opinion. 

Whose expectations?

« Reply #35: August 07, 2019, 01:51:53 PM »
Whose expectations?

Where have you seen any talk of Max being shut down for the remainder of the season?  You know very well that he's expected back.  If you want to believe he won't be, that's fine, but now you both are playing dumb. 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #36: August 07, 2019, 01:53:35 PM »
Where have you seen any talk of Max being shut down for the remainder of the season?  You know very well that he's expected back.  If you want to believe he won't be, that's fine, but now you both are playing dumb.

Slate doesn't play dumb...  :hysterical: :couch:

Offline NatsAllThe Way

« Reply #37: August 07, 2019, 02:01:19 PM »
Since both the Mets and Braves are guaranteed to either win the division or the 1st wild card, where does that leave the Nats?  Second Wildcard or out of the playoffs?

Online Slateman

« Reply #38: August 07, 2019, 02:06:11 PM »
Uh huh, because this medical staff is top notch and we never have players take longer to come back?

Oh and this just in: https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/nationals/nationals-max-scherzer-back-throwing-wont-pitch-anytime-soon

Slate doesn't play dumb...  :hysterical: :couch:
No, I just have to break it down Barney style for some of you

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #39: August 07, 2019, 02:08:38 PM »
I don't see this injury clearing up anytime soon.

« Reply #40: August 07, 2019, 02:16:02 PM »
Uh huh, because this medical staff is top notch and we never have players take longer to come back?

Oh and this just in: https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/nationals/nationals-max-scherzer-back-throwing-wont-pitch-anytime-soon
No, I just have to break it down Barney style for some of you

There are 2 months left.  What do you think the point of "not rushing him back" is?  It's so he doesn't return now, have a setback, then can't pitch in September.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #41: August 07, 2019, 02:18:22 PM »
I don't see this injury clearing up anytime soon.

Agree. And as nice as it has been to have Ross and Fedde pitching well, that can't last either.

Online Slateman

« Reply #42: August 07, 2019, 02:25:31 PM »
There are 2 months left.  What do you think the point of "not rushing him back" is?  It's so he doesn't return now, have a setback, then can't pitch in September.
And? That means nothing. This is how every major injury goes on this team.

So until I actually see Scherzer healthy, I'm not counting on him in a Wild Card game.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #43: August 07, 2019, 02:25:34 PM »

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #44: August 07, 2019, 02:37:29 PM »

Except this started with the expectation of a fast return after a minimal stint on the IL and has been slow walked back ever since

Offline rileyn

« Reply #45: August 07, 2019, 02:42:01 PM »
The damn Mets are cruising.

Online Slateman

« Reply #46: August 07, 2019, 03:03:59 PM »
The damn Mets are cruising.

Amazing what really good starting pitching can do.

« Reply #47: August 07, 2019, 03:33:01 PM »
Amazing what really good starting pitching can do.

Amazing what playing the Marlins can do for you. 

Offline ajcartwright

« Reply #48: August 07, 2019, 03:51:16 PM »
Since both the Mets and Braves are guaranteed to either win the division or the 1st wild card, where does that leave the Nats?  Second Wildcard or out of the playoffs?

maybe just looking forward to next april?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49: August 07, 2019, 05:47:38 PM »
Nats play .700+ ball against sub .500 teams: Fool’s gold, won’t last, team is still no good.

Mets play .700+ ball against sub .500 teams: second coming of 1969 team.

:roll: