Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Andry Lara, RHP  (Read 2079 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Follow the Prospects: Andry Lara, RHP
« Topic Start: December 21, 2019, 01:11:25 PM »
Are those scouting grades where he is now or his projection?  I would not think a 55 is a top of the rotation guy, so there must be a lot of projection that he will get better not in that number.  At 16, I'm gonna guess there's a lot of uncertainty.  Fangraphs has him as a 40+ and as #6 in our system going into next year (age 17).  They guess 2025 as his ETA in the majors.

FG:
6. Andry Lara, RHP
Signed: July 2nd Period, 2019 from Venezuela (WSN)
Age    17.0    Height    6′ 3″    Weight    210    Bat / Thr    R / R    FV    40+

Lara is a bigger, mature-framed pitcher with present velocity. He already sits 92-94, so it’s less of a problem that he lacks traditional physical projection. However, it’s also feasible that Lara becomes more fluid and athletic as he matures, so maybe he’ll back into more velocity that way. Many other traits typical of top high school pitchers — arm action, glove side fastball/slider command, and the slider quality — are also promising here, just without obvious physical projection.

i'm not sure if those are current grades, it's what's listed if you go to the MLB top 30 prospects page and click on the player.  I'm not sure how often they are updated.