Author Topic: Expos Throwback Day  (Read 3891 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: Expos Throwback Day
« Reply #50: June 27, 2019, 02:04:14 PM »
I don't get why Montreal should get a team again.  I grew up an Expos fan as I explained earlier, but from Louisville, KY.  No allegiance to the city of Montreal.  Al I know is they didn't support the team well enough.  All my favorite star players were dealt away because they couldn't afford them.  One year they played 22 "home" games in Puerto Rico.  At one point the team was set to be contracted before ultimately just moving to DC.  What would be different this time?  They'd seemingly be another franchise not supported ala the Marlins and Rays.  In fact, the Rays remind me of today's version of the Expos.  Smart people in that organization putting together talented teams without much payroll at all and with small crowds at home games. 

I agree. Montreal should be at the bottom of the group that MLB is looked to expand to. To me they've done nothing to prove they should get a team again, and if they want to be even considered both the city and ownership group should have to prove it is a superior option than the other cities in the running.