Author Topic: David Ortiz shot in DR  (Read 1437 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: David Ortiz shot in DR
« Reply #25: June 13, 2019, 02:06:11 PM »
Is that WPA?

That's Natsinpwc's part of the Commonwealth.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #26: June 13, 2019, 02:55:59 PM »
That's Natsinpwc's part of the Commonwealth.
If only they had built that wall between PA and NJ. And Delaware.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #27: June 13, 2019, 04:06:43 PM »
If only they had built that wall between PA and NJ. And Delaware.

...   and MD and OH and WV.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #28: June 13, 2019, 06:04:27 PM »
...   and MD and OH and WV.
Those are some very bad states also. Don’t forget the worst of all. NY.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #29: June 13, 2019, 06:06:07 PM »
Those are some very bad states also. Don’t forget the worst of all. NY.

NY  ....  particularly WNY is OK.

Offline hotshot

« Reply #30: June 19, 2019, 09:19:39 AM »
Ortiz shooting "motive" supposedly out today. We'll see. $8000 (to be split multiple ways)? Life is cheap in the DR.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31: June 19, 2019, 06:32:19 PM »
So they claim “mistaken identity”. Is that possible for who has got to be the most famous person in the Dominican Republic?

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2019/06/19/david-ortiz-not-target-shooting/amp

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #32: June 19, 2019, 08:01:02 PM »
So they claim “mistaken identity”. Is that possible for who has got to be the most famous person in the Dominican Republic?

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2019/06/19/david-ortiz-not-target-shooting/amp

No, they’re totally covering for a hero in the DR. As long as they got the people responsible to me that’s all that matters.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #33: June 19, 2019, 08:06:04 PM »
No, they’re totally covering for a hero in the DR. As long as they got the people responsible to me that’s all that matters.

Sounds like the truth is a casualty.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #34: June 19, 2019, 08:30:50 PM »

I'm with you skippy - I don't care if they don't air his dirty laundry as long as the prosecute his assailants.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #35: June 19, 2019, 08:37:56 PM »
I'm with you skippy - I don't care if they don't air his dirty laundry as long as the prosecute his assailants.

What if his dirty laundry is an illegal enterprise?

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #36: June 19, 2019, 08:44:18 PM »
What if his dirty laundry is an illegal enterprise?

Yea that would change things. But if it’s that he’s a horn dog fooling around with someone he shouldn’t? Pass.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #37: June 19, 2019, 08:47:08 PM »
Yea that would change things. But if it’s that he’s a horn dog fooling around with someone he shouldn’t? Pass.

I haven't heard that term (horn dog) in ages.     :lol:

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #38: June 19, 2019, 08:59:12 PM »
I haven't heard that term (horn dog) in ages.     :lol:

lol showing my age :oldy:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #39: June 19, 2019, 09:28:01 PM »
Skippy - you're able to hide it

lol showing my age :oldy:

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #40: June 19, 2019, 09:58:10 PM »
Skippy - you're able to hide it

Awww thanks mathguy :thumbs:

Offline dracnal

« Reply #41: June 20, 2019, 02:08:29 AM »

We are very much at the same page tonight. Personal tomfoolery may be grounds for divorce but it's never grounds for attempted murder.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #42: June 20, 2019, 10:16:03 AM »
did you look at the video of the shooting?  The big guy who gets up and runs away from the table looks like he's Ortiz's size.  I could see the confusion in a club.

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #43: June 20, 2019, 11:21:54 AM »
did you look at the video of the shooting?  The big guy who gets up and runs away from the table looks like he's Ortiz's size.  I could see the confusion in a club.

did that guy give an $85k check to buy the beauty freaking out in his hospital a Lexus?  The original story that she's a drug lord's gf and he wasn't happy about Ortiz buying her the car makes much more sense. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44: June 20, 2019, 12:14:53 PM »
did that guy give an $85k check to buy the beauty freaking out in his hospital a Lexus?  The original story that she's a drug lord's gf and he wasn't happy about Ortiz buying her the car makes much more sense. 
The story out of the DR (reported on Boston.com) is that the target was a guy Fernandez whose brother or cousin is the drug guy loose in the US.  Apparently, the drug guy thinks the relative ratted him out.  the photo taken at the club and given to the shooter apparently was poor quality and did not show the lower body, which was blocked by a white freezer or fridge.  Ortiz was wearing white pants, and the shooter apparently thought the similar top to Fernandez and the white pants matched the photo. 

That said, the photos of the target show him to be lighter complexion than Ortiz and he is supposed to be smaller, so there's a ton of skepticism.

I had not heard about the Lexus.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #45: June 21, 2019, 06:04:07 PM »
The story out of the DR (reported on Boston.com) is that the target was a guy Fernandez whose brother or cousin is the drug guy loose in the US.  Apparently, the drug guy thinks the relative ratted him out.  the photo taken at the club and given to the shooter apparently was poor quality and did not show the lower body, which was blocked by a white freezer or fridge.  Ortiz was wearing white pants, and the shooter apparently thought the similar top to Fernandez and the white pants matched the photo. 

That said, the photos of the target show him to be lighter complexion than Ortiz and he is supposed to be smaller, so there's a ton of skepticism.

I had not heard about the Lexus.

It's like an American being told he's looking for a big dude with a shaved head and then rolling up and shooting Michael Jordan.  Like, you've been given a photo of a guy who's not Michael Jordan, even with the poor photo quality.  Something in your subconscious is going to go "huh, isn't that Michael Jordan?" before you pull the trigger.   I understand that the shooting was from behind, but I still have a huge amount of trouble cramming this past my BS filter.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #46: June 21, 2019, 06:06:22 PM »
It's like an American being told he's looking for a big dude with a shaved head and then rolling up and shooting Michael Jordan.  Like, you've been given a photo of a guy who's not Michael Jordan, even with the poor photo quality.  Something in your subconscious is going to go "huh, isn't that Michael Jordan?" before you pull the trigger.   I understand that the shooting was from behind, but I still have a huge amount of trouble cramming this past my BS filter.

I'm with you.    There's more to this.    It'll come out eventually.    They might as well get ahead of it.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47: June 21, 2019, 07:38:58 PM »
You both may be right , and we may never know the back story. There is still value in knowing what is the police version