Author Topic: Washington Redskins thread (2019)  (Read 8340 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Washington Redskins thread (2019)
« Reply #300: November 18, 2019, 06:53:20 AM »
We’re past the point of one halfway decent team being enough- maybe for an angry fan base, but once people stop caring it’s going to be harder to get them to give a damn again
You underestimate the power football holds. It has no competition. No one is going to get into regular season hockey or basketball.

6 win team and everyone will start trickling back.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #301: November 18, 2019, 06:57:07 AM »
You underestimate the power football holds. It has no competition. No one is going to get into regular season hockey or basketball.

6 win team and everyone will start trickling back.

They had 7 last year and were still bleeding fans

Offline Slateman

« Reply #302: November 18, 2019, 06:59:05 AM »
They had 7 last year and were still bleeding fans
New coach, new QB. Team will be improving.

Trust me. This town flocks to football like an addict to the crackpipe. They'll make a couple moves in the offseason and you'll have guys calling the Junkies, telling them that the team is gonna win 10 games. MAybe 11.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #303: November 18, 2019, 11:46:26 AM »
They have to can Bruce Allen. I live in the real world where I know Dan Snyder won't sell the team, but I do hope he is humiliated into firing Bruce Allen. The situation is poisonous and they need a new person running the franchise.

I really doubt he moves Bruce Allen, which is very disappointing. They had to overpay to get Jay Gruden last coaching search, and it will be even tougher this time. I don't understand Snyder's infatuation with Bruce Allen. He's been given ten years to turn it around on the field, has failed, and the off field situation is a cluster. Brian Lafemina came in, introduced some reality to the attendance problem, tried some new things, and immediately got ran off and they're still bleeding staff.

In football, turn arounds can happen in a couple seasons. It can happen here. But if the current management structure stays the same there is no way they can go out and hire a top line staff and be a prime market for free agents. It just isn't going to happen. No respected coordinator or former head coach is signing up for this situation.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #304: November 18, 2019, 12:00:47 PM »
Allen isn't going anywhere for a while. He's probably Snyder's only friend/confidant at this point.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #305: November 18, 2019, 12:20:22 PM »
Allen isn't going anywhere for a while. He's probably Snyder's only friend/confidant at this point.

there was a glimmer of hope in the 2nd half. 

Offline Slateman

« Reply #306: November 18, 2019, 12:22:11 PM »
there was a glimmer of hope in the 2nd half. 
Snyder is probably dumb enough to believe it. But Haskins looked meh. He looks like he has the mechanics of Byron Leftwich with the experience and decision making you'd expect from a one year starter.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #307: November 18, 2019, 01:29:08 PM »
I'm still okay with Dwayne Haskins. I was 100% for him after the draft, still about 80% in. This offense has been a disaster. He has one reliable receiver and is missing both Reed and Davis at TE. The running game is flashing, but as long as the Redskins are routinely down multiple scores in the first quarter the running game doesn't do him much good. The O-Line is a steaming disaster.

Give me Chase Young in the draft and let the next coach see what he has with Haskins. He was a #15 overall pick, not a top 5 pick. It won't set the franchise back to turn the page if the new coach doesn't think he is the guy.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #308: November 18, 2019, 02:40:37 PM »
I'm still okay with Dwayne Haskins. I was 100% for him after the draft, still about 80% in. This offense has been a disaster. He has one reliable receiver and is missing both Reed and Davis at TE. The running game is flashing, but as long as the Redskins are routinely down multiple scores in the first quarter the running game doesn't do him much good. The O-Line is a steaming disaster.

Give me Chase Young in the draft and let the next coach see what he has with Haskins. He was a #15 overall pick, not a top 5 pick. It won't set the franchise back to turn the page if the new coach doesn't think he is the guy.

I have faith that regardless of whether Haskins is a bust or not or whether we hire a new coach or draft young or burrow, that redskins culture will do what it does best and turn in all garbage

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #309: November 18, 2019, 02:49:35 PM »
Snyder has this weird desire to rub shoulders with Redskins greats - or children of Redskins greats - from the past. That's his infatuation with Allen. George's son, Virginia blue blood, a man's man (well.)

Exactly what Snyder so badly wants to be.

They have to can Bruce Allen. I live in the real world where I know Dan Snyder won't sell the team, but I do hope he is humiliated into firing Bruce Allen. The situation is poisonous and they need a new person running the franchise.

I really doubt he moves Bruce Allen, which is very disappointing. They had to overpay to get Jay Gruden last coaching search, and it will be even tougher this time. I don't understand Snyder's infatuation with Bruce Allen. He's been given ten years to turn it around on the field, has failed, and the off field situation is a cluster. Brian Lafemina came in, introduced some reality to the attendance problem, tried some new things, and immediately got ran off and they're still bleeding staff.

In football, turn arounds can happen in a couple seasons. It can happen here. But if the current management structure stays the same there is no way they can go out and hire a top line staff and be a prime market for free agents. It just isn't going to happen. No respected coordinator or former head coach is signing up for this situation.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #310: November 18, 2019, 02:54:25 PM »
The best Haskins can hope for is that he survives the Redskins malignant effort to exploit him, and then can move on to make a reputation as a backup, then maybe a starter, with a competent franchise.

#HTTR

I have faith that regardless of whether Haskins is a bust or not or whether we hire a new coach or draft young or burrow, that redskins culture will do what it does best and turn in all garbage

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #311: November 18, 2019, 03:11:19 PM »
Remember 2012 when we thought RGIII would save the franchise? Then the Redskins broke him in the playoffs.

Remember last season when Alex Smith had the Redskins at 6-3? Broke him as well.

This is a bad place for QBs. Them, Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, been a rough millennium for any Redskin starter.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #312: November 21, 2019, 03:10:55 PM »
But the jumps-right-off-the-page finding is the one that shows the Redskins at the bottom of a well, with no ladder to climb and no phone with which to text. The percentage of District adults under 40 who list the local football team as their favorite: 8. Eight percent. That’s essentially one in 12 young adults who prefer the Redskins above all others. For the same age 18-39 group, the Nats register at 28 percent, the Caps at 15, the Wizards at 10, United at seven and the Mystics at six.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/its-not-just-that-the-redskins-have-lost-fans-its-that-they-havent-made-new-ones/2019/11/21/eb891d50-0bb2-11ea-bd9d-c628fd48b3a0_story.html

Are the respondents aware of the culture?

Offline imref

« Reply #314: November 21, 2019, 04:35:51 PM »
saw earlier that tickets are as low as $7 for Sunday's game.  Still not sure it's worth it.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #315: November 21, 2019, 04:42:46 PM »
saw earlier that tickets are as low as $7 for Sunday's game.  Still not sure it's worth it.

Someone posted $5 - go negative and add a couple of zeros and it may be worth it

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #316: November 21, 2019, 05:15:17 PM »
Someone posted $5 - go negative and add a couple of zeros and it may be worth it

Tickets may be that cheap but parking will still be 40 dollars.

Offline imref

« Reply #317: November 21, 2019, 05:48:04 PM »
down to $4

I called the ticket office earlier to find out the game start time.  They said "when can you be here?"

:rimshot:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #318: November 21, 2019, 06:05:03 PM »
I was think about that post article talking about kids- I can’t remember the last redskin Halloween costume that I’ve seen on a trick or treater plenty of nats and caps, some wizards, and even some dc United and Washington spirit, but I can’t remember the last redskin

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #319: November 24, 2019, 11:48:42 PM »

At $4.00 a ticket, it only cost $64.00 to make that "S" :hysterical:

Offline imref

« Reply #320: November 25, 2019, 09:12:25 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:shock:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #321: November 25, 2019, 09:47:55 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

This is real?

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #322: November 25, 2019, 09:52:04 AM »
$5 ticket. $50 to park. And $50 for food and drink. Quite the bargain.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #323: December 13, 2019, 09:27:40 AM »
Just read a Twatter thread where a bunch of dropped-on-their-head Skins fans were shaming "fairweather" fans who had left the team.

There's reasonable loyalty and then there's being completely braindead--a walking vessel.

Offline imref

« Reply #324: December 13, 2019, 09:46:47 AM »
Just read a Twatter thread where a bunch of dropped-on-their-head Skins fans were shaming "fairweather" fans who had left the team.

There's reasonable loyalty and then there's being completely braindead--a walking vessel.

The Junkies have been talking a lot about D.C. area fans who are now rooting for the Ravens.