Author Topic: Washington Redskins thread (2019)  (Read 8332 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: Washington Redskins thread (2019)
« Reply #175: October 07, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »
to no ones surprise those videos of gruden partying were leaked by the organization to try to fire him for cause

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #176: October 07, 2019, 11:27:24 AM »
This is a job for retreads and guys desperate enough to take any HC job.

lil' d would be a perfect fit for the 'Skins...

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #177: October 07, 2019, 12:52:46 PM »
They made him come in at 5am to fire him

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #178: October 07, 2019, 01:05:36 PM »
They made him come in at 5am to fire him

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Coors Light beer ball arriving at 6AM.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #179: October 07, 2019, 01:06:03 PM »
Bruce Allen press conference is classic Bruce Allen bullcrap.  Why people follow this team as fans is beyond logic and reason. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #180: October 07, 2019, 01:09:15 PM »
Heard a comment yesterday that capsulizes the problem.    If this were a quality organization, Snyder would have called Allen into his office and said   ..

"Jay Gruden will be fired.    It won't be today and it won't be by you.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #181: October 07, 2019, 01:36:33 PM »
Bruce Allen press conference is classic Bruce Allen bullcrap.  Why people follow this team as fans is beyond logic and reason.

“The culture here is actually damn good...”

:hysterical:

So add shared delusion to the list of problems the team’s management has.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #182: October 07, 2019, 01:47:48 PM »
Heard a comment yesterday that capsulizes the problem.    If this were a quality organization, Snyder would have called Allen into his office and said   ..

"Jay Gruden will be fired.    It won't be today and it won't be by you.

That would have been so great.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #183: October 07, 2019, 03:26:43 PM »
Callahan said Dwayne Haskins isn't "ready" to start yet. That tells me that Jay Gruden totally left him to wither on the vine. I appreciate Callahan instead of saying, "He isn't 'ready'" is also saying they want to give him reps and prepare him to the future. Jay Gruden just seemed frustrated by the entire subject.

The only good thing about this dumpster fire is Bill Callahan has to know he is not the next guy, but has something to gain setting his personal marketplace as a position coach or coordinator by finishing the season strong.

Bruce Allen needs to be canned.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #184: October 07, 2019, 03:50:26 PM »
Callahan said Dwayne Haskins isn't "ready" to start yet. That tells me that Jay Gruden totally left him to wither on the vine. I appreciate Callahan instead of saying, "He isn't 'ready'" is also saying they want to give him reps and prepare him to the future. Jay Gruden just seemed frustrated by the entire subject.

The only good thing about this dumpster fire is Bill Callahan has to know he is not the next guy, but has something to gain setting his personal marketplace as a position coach or coordinator by finishing the season strong.

Bruce Allen needs to be canned.

Bill Callahan has every incentive to win- meaning freak Haskins who will be someone else’s project. Another reason they should have gone wilt O’Connel- at least he’d view the situation with a longer outlook

Online Slateman

« Reply #185: October 07, 2019, 05:42:20 PM »
What is Callahan's incentive?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #186: October 07, 2019, 05:43:22 PM »
What is Callahan's incentive?

he'll go back to the family auto parts business in Sandusky OH if he fails at coaching.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #187: October 07, 2019, 05:44:30 PM »
Allen is going to be here a while.

Bruce Allen will be here for as long as he is the son of the late George Allen, the first Redskins coach to take the team to the Super Bowl, (which he lost, because he insisted that the defense win the game.) The team has lost 62% of the games played since Allen was hired. Tampa Bay fired him for a reason.

Bruce Allen said at the press conference that Trent Williams would NOT be traded until the season is over.

to no ones surprise those videos of gruden partying were leaked by the organization to try to fire him for cause

In the Q&A, Bruce Allen said at the press conference that Jay Gruden was NOT fired for cause.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #188: October 07, 2019, 05:58:39 PM »
I used to work directly next to Bruce Allen's office and he had to hire a new secretary every 2 months because they would quit because he was such a major jerk.

Online Slateman

« Reply #189: October 08, 2019, 05:37:41 AM »

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #190: October 08, 2019, 09:15:31 AM »
Callahan said Dwayne Haskins isn't "ready" to start yet. That tells me that Jay Gruden totally left him to wither on the vine.

Or maybe Haskins was another colossal mistake. Gruden didn't want Haskins. This was another RG3 scenario where the owner insisted on someone the coaches didn't believe in.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #191: October 08, 2019, 09:28:57 AM »
Or maybe Haskins was another colossal mistake. Gruden didn't want Haskins. This was another RG3 scenario where the owner insisted on someone the coaches didn't believe in.

Will Haskins get his own security detail and get to tell Dabo Sweeney which plays are and aren't "acceptable"?

Online Slateman

« Reply #192: October 08, 2019, 09:36:51 AM »

Is it that Gruden (and the coaches) don't believe in Haskins, or they wanted to use that pick on someone who could help right away? Did they maybe want Brian Burns at 15, and then Erik McCoy  in the second round? Or even wait for Haskins to slip into the back end of the first round and move up to get him there?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #193: October 08, 2019, 10:12:00 AM »
Is it that Gruden (and the coaches) don't believe in Haskins, or they wanted to use that pick on someone who could help right away? Did they maybe want Brian Burns at 15, and then Erik McCoy  in the second round? Or even wait for Haskins to slip into the back end of the first round and move up to get him there?

I'm going to say the same thing I said when they drafted Griffin, I would not have drafted Haskins (in any round). I don't see what others are seeing in him so I don't understand the allure. He definitely has a powerful arm but many others have had that and couldn't hack it at the NFL level. But just like in the Griffin case, I hope I'm wrong and Haskins becomes a great NFL QB. I'm not holding my breath on it though. I think they should spend October preparing him so come November he can be thrown in to show what he can do for the rest of the season.

Online Slateman

« Reply #194: October 08, 2019, 10:14:22 AM »

I'm going to say the same thing I said when they drafted Griffin, I would not have drafted Haskins (in any round). I don't see what others are seeing in him so I don't understand the allure. He definitely has a powerful arm but many others have had that and couldn't hack it at the NFL level. But just like in the Griffin case, I hope I'm wrong and Haskins becomes a great NFL QB. I'm not holding my breath on it though. I think they should spend October preparing him so come November he can be thrown in to show what he can do for the rest of the season.

Dont' disagree. Reminds me of Leftwich.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #195: October 08, 2019, 11:31:58 AM »
Supposedly a bunch of teams had a second round grade and some teams had a grade as low as 6th round. I do know that when it comes to trusting the gms that passed on him or Allen, I trust the rest of the league

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #196: October 08, 2019, 12:10:14 PM »
Supposedly a bunch of teams had a second round grade and some teams had a grade as low as 6th round. I do know that when it comes to trusting the gms that passed on him or Allen, I trust the rest of the league

well, they have a shot at Tua next year.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #197: October 08, 2019, 12:11:43 PM »
I understand why Gruden didn't want Haskins. I am still all in on Dwayne Haskins, but I knew he wouldn't be ready on day one. His timeline doesn't match up with where we thought the rest of the team was a few months ago. I didn't want to trade up for Haskins, but at #15 it was a good pick. Gruden, being a guy coaching for his job, definitely wanted a contributor to help right away. I blame the front office for not being able to work with Jay Gruden and say, "We may be preparing for the future, but we're still going out and signing Landon Collins, trading up for Montez Sweat, and doing our best to ensure we can win today."

Good franchises can find a balance between striving to win today while putting a down payment on the future. The Redskins failed to get buy in from the coaching staff on that approach.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #198: October 08, 2019, 12:26:17 PM »
I understand why Gruden didn't want Haskins. I am still all in on Dwayne Haskins, but I knew he wouldn't be ready on day one. His timeline doesn't match up with where we thought the rest of the team was a few months ago. I didn't want to trade up for Haskins, but at #15 it was a good pick. Gruden, being a guy coaching for his job, definitely wanted a contributor to help right away. I blame the front office for not being able to work with Jay Gruden and say, "We may be preparing for the future, but we're still going out and signing Landon Collins, trading up for Montez Sweat, and doing our best to ensure we can win today."

Good franchises can find a balance between striving to win today while putting a down payment on the future. The Redskins failed to get buy in from the coaching staff on that approach.

What coach would ever trust anything Allen says? Even if he told Gruden to start Haskins and that his job was safe, why would Gruden believe him?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #199: October 08, 2019, 02:30:32 PM »
well, they have a shot at Tua next year.

:lmao: