Author Topic: Current DC coaches in the big 4 sports  (Read 127 times)

Offline rileyn

Current DC coaches in the big 4 sports
« Topic Start: April 25, 2019, 09:07:18 AM »
Is it possible to have a worst collection of coaches in one city?  It amazes me to say that Jay Gruden may actually be the best of the bunch.

1.  Gruden - he sucks but he has been about .500 since his second year and he is with a complete Mickey Mouse organization.  With the losing culture that front office has created, I would say he has gotten the most out of what he has had to work with.

2.  Rierden - was given the keys to a championship team and looked like he had no answers for Carolina in round 1.  I get that the team may have been fatigued but it's a bad look for him to see what Trotz is doing in New York.  That team has a core that could lead itself, and he still couldn't get past round 1.  He can shove that sling shot power play entry up his ass.

3.  Brooks - say what you want about Wall, Beal, and Porter being overrated, but he had a roster with 3 max contract players and could not, or would not, coach them.  This guy is stealing $5M per year.

4.  Davey - was also given the keys to a team ready to win coming off 95 and 97 win seasons.......................nevermind .

Offline Count Walewski

Re: Current DC coaches in the big 4 sports
« Reply #1: April 25, 2019, 09:30:54 AM »
Nagy probably prevents Chicago from giving DC a run for its money in this department.

Maddon is an important innovator who will go down in MLB history books, but I've never seen a manager hated so much by a fanbase for whom he won a World Series just a few years ago. Rick Renteria has literally made a career out of being the manager who gets hired by teams that are losing on purpose. The less said about the Bulls and Blackhawks coaching situations the better.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Re: Current DC coaches in the big 4 sports
« Reply #2: April 25, 2019, 10:43:00 AM »
I was shocked watching Maddons for an entire series against the Nats. Dusty out coached him that series. He's an innovator though, but I understand the Cubs fans on this one.

Gruden has done well considering.